“Once in a life experience ( Trust me!)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 383 Tours & Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: SAS Travel -Peru … A well-established quality Tour Operator with nearly two decades of experience and expertise in the tourism industry, organizing a huge variety of Tours in Cusco and Peru, Adventures trips, Treks, Amazon Jungle Trips and Packages in Peru, highly recommended for MachuPicchu tours, Inca Trail hikes,short Inca Trail hike, alternative treks as Vilcabamba, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Salkantay, Lares Valley, Tipon, Huchuy Qosqo hikes… Extension tours to Colca canyon in Arequipa, the floating islands in the lake Titicaca in Puno or flying over the enigmatic Nazca Lines, Ballestas islands or Paracas reserve. SAS Travel Peru also offers excellently guided cultural tours of the Sacred Valley, South Valley tour, Moray, Salt-mines and combined Cusco City tour with Saqsawaman, Tambomachay, Qenqo, Pucapucara and the amazing Koricancha or for those who want a little excitement around Cusco there`s white-water rafting in the Urubamba River, mountain biking in Maras, Moray and salt-mines, horseback riding in the Sacred Valley or near Cusco, climbing, paragliding and more. Recognized and honored by the Regional Govt Tourist Ministry as: "2010 Best Inca Trail Tour Operator"
Brussels, Belgium
“Once in a life experience ( Trust me!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It’s taken me a while to sit down and write this post but here it goes. I hope your trip with SAS will be as nice as mine.

I had the chance to travel to Peru last November. My friends and I booked a trip with SAS FOR a 4D/3N trail to get to Machu Picchu as a final destination. By the time we wanted to book our tickets for the INCA trail it was already too late. That’s why we finally decided to go for the the Lares Valley trek. Although it is not the most famous trek in Cusco it seemed quite interesting and nice. Therefore we booked this one (well, actually my friends did! Thanks!!) and I can assure you that it was a great decision.

Our guide Cesar was extremely good and professional. He gave us extensive information about the Inca Empire, the largest empire in pre-Columbian America and he even taught us a couple of words in Quechua, which was quite nice especially when we ran into locals! He made us feel like a family and was always there to help us. Although sometimes the trek was really really hard he encouraged us over and over.

The cook was amazing. His name was Guido if I am not mistaken. We ate better during those days than in any Peruvian restaurant, and believe me we went to good restaurants as well. I believe everyone in my group thought the same so if you are lucky and get him as a cook he will make your journey memorable!

During our trip we had sun, snow and rain but we saw unique natural landscapes which made it worth the money.

The trek itself is breath-taking but as I said, it is once in a life experience and we met a lot of interesting and nice people.

Thank you once again Cesar and the rest of the team (SAS) for such an unforgettable experience

Visited November 2013

LONDON
“Good Guide- Company Terribly disorganized”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have done the Inca Trail ( 2 day one) with this company plus the sacred valey Tour in October 2013 and I must say I wasn't happy at all with the service provided. I thought the communications that I had via skipe with Robyn ( the company owner() would help to clarify all the itinerary details plus costs etc but what effectively happened was that I got there, to pay the remaining deposit, I had a really bad experience . The staff from the officed based in CUZCO hardly speaks English ! I never got to met Robyn because aparently she works from home and she is more focus on getting new clients rather than providing a costumer service after sales. So when I got to the office in Cuzco they wanted to charge me more money for one of the Hotels that was part of the tour. It toke me an hour to clarify the miss understanding , plus the staff was very rude always giving responses in a grumpy way! Finally we got to some sort of understanding when a guy called Irwin intervened and finally we were able to get the right information and the right price. Everything would have been a lot easier if the person that sold me the tour online,would have been the same person ! Or if the tour details and payments had been communicated to the members of staff in Cuzco'S office in the correct way. Also if you book with SAS travel which I hope you don't, don't book any hostals or hotels with them as they will choose the cheapest and dodgier hostal of all just to save money. You have alwys the option to ask to exclude the hostals in Aguas Calientes or Ollaytamtambo.
Just to finish on a positive note though , I don't know how they I have managed but the guide was actually quite good and very fun to be around! He certainly had the intertainment factor.

Visited October 2013
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Best Guide ever, But SAS Travel were Terrible and put a downer on the whole thing :( NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I did the Inca trail with SAS, and while on the trail had the best guide ever! But the Company themselves just put a downer on the entire thing with 75% of our group had problems with them. Email communication before wasn't great, unanswered emails, actually paying wasn't easy. and ALL the time they add extra costs on. Why does Huaynapiccu cost another $70 to climb when its only another $10/15 extra on the price of the normal ticket if you get your ticket direct?
The equipment provided to the guides/porters could have been much better, I wasn't that impressed with the equipment provided, as you have to rent almost everything other than the tent, I would suggest you look into bringing your own.

This is in no way a reflection of the Guide and porters who all did an amazing job, I do not think we could have got a better guide.

I can only suggest if you are reading this Review you look into Lama path as they seem to have the best reviews by far, and were my first choice. Alas SAS responded quicker, well at least untill I had paid my deposit!

Sydney, Australia
“Terrific Inca Trail Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I did the 4 day 3 night classic inca trail with an extra night in Aquas Calientes following the trail in early January this year. I did alot of research prior to choosing who to walk with and was very happy with my choice of SAS Travel. We had a terrific guide, Saul Palma who had walked the trail over 300 times, was knowledgeable, spoke excellent English, was very entertaining and encouraging and supportive during the trek. We were provided with three impressive meals every day, breakfast included pancakes and porridge and lunch and dinner were buffets with many delicious options. As well as the generous meals we were also given snacks to eat along the trail. The chaskis ( porters) who accompanied our group were very impressive, not only did they carry our bags but they also set up the tents and packed up our sleeping bags and mats every day. We were lucky to be included in a warm, friendly group of seven people and enjoyed the company of other trekkers we met. Walking through the Andes mountains was amazing, the scenery is stunning and the many inca ruins very interesting. On the last day I climbed Huayna Picchu which was a highlight of the trip.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Memorable Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I went on the 4D/3N Inca trail Classic in January & also climbed Huaynapicchu Mountain. It was unforgettable amazing trip! I almost didn’t include the Huaynapicchu Mtn. but I am glad I did. It was so well worth it. The views were magnificent and it was a great way to end this trip.
Our guides were Jose Baca and Ruben Soto and they were just wonderful! They are very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. They took good care of all of us. Thank you to all the porters who carried our group’s personal belongings, the equipment, and setting up at the campsites. Such hard workers and without them we wouldn’t be able to do the hike. I highly recommend hiring a personal porter. I didn’t hire a personal porter thinking it wouldn’t be a problem. Well I was wrong; the altitude definitely got to me & it didn’t help that my bag was a little heavy. Also thank you to our Chef Ephraim & Asst. Chef Elipio who cooked us our delicious meals. We all ate like kings. SAS travel was highly recommended by two separate people who I had met during my vacation in the Caribbean. They told me if I wanted to do the Inca trail I should definitely use them. I also did my research before making a final decision on a trail tour company. I was so happy I chose them. From the moment I booked with them and until the trip ended there were no problems. Everything went so smoothly. I had a great experience and I would use them again for other trips in Peru. Thank you SAS for this awesome journey!