“Slice of Home” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Albany, New York
“Slice of Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I originally went to The Meeting Place because because I heard rumors of their giant, delicious orero milkshakes. Then I returned when I saw their chocolate and banana waffles, then for the avocado sandwich, and when they started baking cakes I moved in. Well, not really. But I should have! The Meeting Place has a wonderful atmosphere, is filled with awesome people that have cool stories to tell, and because the staff is made up of volunteers, they actually want to be there. It completely changes the vibe from any other restaurant. I can't recommend this place enough. Also, their cat Socks is a sweetie.

• Visited August 2013

Laguna Beach, California
“Deliciousness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a delicious meal we had there TWICE. The concept of the restaurant is inspiring and the food is top notch. If you are looking for a good American breakfast or lunch fare, this is the place to eat. Plus, it is in the heart of the beautiful San Blas neighborhood in Cusco which makes for a lovely walk after you eat.

Visited August 2013
Provo, Utah
“Great respite and American Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Loved staying here knowing that proceeds were going to local non-profits. The staff were amazing - most of them here volunteering at one non-profit or another in the city. The milkshakes were a treat, the waffles were delicious and the soups were really tasty. And the wifi was fast!

• Visited August 2013
Ancud, Los Lagos, Chile
“Nice Place, Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The atmosphere here is friendly and cheerful, and I never felt bad spending my money here because 100% of the proceeds go to local non-profit groups. Their food is good, but a little pricey for what you get. (Except for the waffles, which are GIGANTIC.) All in all, this is a cool place to spend an afternoon.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for coffee and cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped for a coffee here, and it was a great place to take a breather - Scott and his team were fantastic and made us feel so welcome. Everything on the menu looked great and we'd love to have gone back if we'd been staying longer in Cusco. The fact that all profits go to local projects was the icing on the cake. And Scott, if you read this - I've been constantly asked throughout our travels in Peru and Bolivia where I got my t-shirt so hope that you've gained a few extra customers as a result!

• Visited July 2013