“Cozy and tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Cozy and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We did not have a full meal here as I was not really interested in having Italian in Peru, nevertheless, we sat down for some wine (which was delicious) and a salad (I totally forgot to avoid raw veggies) and they gave us this amazing yoghurt and better than I've ever had olives to have with our bread (Olives in Peru are just so good). Anyway, it's a very cozy place and I would go there again, if I felt like having some non-Peruvian food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“AMAZING!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a late lunch here on my first day in Cusco and it was incredible. Service was efficient and friendly and the free bread and olives was a nice touch. The pizza I ordered was one of the best I have ever had! Seriously it was to die for! Accompanied with a glass of nice vino I was in heaven. I'm returning to Cusco again in a few days and I already can't wait to have another meal there.

Visited September 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Cosy, good food, worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you´re looking for some tastey non-peruvian food then this is the place. Really nice inside, cosy with a nice atmosphere. Really good friendly service. Big big portions! Don´t think anyone in my group of 6 finished their meal. The pisco sours here are reeaally good. They are also big, just like the meals. Definitely worth a visit if you´re in Cusco for a few days and feel like some Italian.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Delicious pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had pizza and beer here our first night in Cusco. We were tired and this place was near to the hotel. Wow, the wood fired oven is right there and you can watch your pizza go in. We got a Free Will pizza - make your own - and it was delicious. Lots of hot gooey cheese melted just right on the crisp crust made this a perfect intro to Cusco. Agreed, pizza isn't very inventive but this one was good. We ordered the "sausage" but it turned out to be sliced something almost like a hot dog. Other ingredients were as expected. Regardless, the pizza was hot, fresh and tasty and worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
Bountiful, Utah
“It was so good that we went back for seconds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After several bad restaurant experiences in Cusco, we asked a friend that used to live in Cusco where we should go eat. Out of the many suggestions she gave us, we chose La Bodega 138. We happened to go there the night before my uncle's wedding - so it became his bachelor party. The food was excellent and the atmosphere nice. We didn't have to wait more then 5 minutes to be seated (I think we got lucky). Definitely a nice bang for your buck. Some of the food/flavor combinations sound odd, but everything we tried was delicious and worked well.

The restaurant is 1/2 owned by an N. American woman, Rachel (from Missouri), so if you feel like you need/want to talk English for food suggestions, or questions she won't disappoint. The food was so good (and the portions are huge) that after going to Machu Picchu we came back for another nice meal in Cusco.

• Visited September 2013