“My first choice in cusco!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 420 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Lima, Peru
“My first choice in cusco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I loved every minute I spend there with my wife! The service (you are greeted and waitered by the owner/manager) is great, the wine by glass we ordered was awesome (french cavernet sauvignon), the entrees were the perfect size and the taste were sperb, my wife had a rolled avocado with vegetables and I had a pumpkin soup that were excellent, the main courses had an excellent presentation and were delicious, and finally the dessert we shared was out of this world. In summary, great service, great environment and top quality food!!

Visited August 2013
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear José,

We are so happy that your experience with le Soleil was so successful; thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice comment.
Please let me tell you that gourmet customers like you are very important to us: your objective review of our proposal is helping us to keep a high standard of our food and service.
I am personally glad that you and your wife have enjoyed "every minute“ with us ;) thank you.
Since we are only one hour flight from you home, please consider to visit Cusco again and stop by le Soleil for more French cuisine: you will be always very welcomed!

My best regards,

Toronto, Canada
“Best dinner in Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I travel a great deal, I must say this was the best dinner we have had on all our vacations. The service is excellent and our meals were perfectly cooked and prepared. I had the 7 course taster menu and my husband had the lamb chops, which was reasonably priced. This restaurant is one of the major highlights of Cusco that you don't want to miss.

• Visited August 2013
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Betty,

Many thanks for your visit and for your great comment about le Soleil.
As always, it was a pleasure to host gourmet people like you and share our passion. I am glad that you loved the food and the service. If we fulfilled your expectation, our job is done and we are proud of it.
When you come back to Cusco again, please do not forgot to stop by and have some more delicacies from our menu.

My very best regards to both of you,

Willemstad, Curacao
“Best dinner experience in Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

To be the best in Peru is not easy but Le Soleil for our trip did it. Very nice modern place, very good service and excellent food. Do not think I have to add much to the other review I saw on this page. The place is small which is good and not full which was better. The attention of the manager or owner was very good. All the food items we had were excellent. I had the 7 course menu and can only say what a perfect combination of flavors. I wish they had a 9 course menu. The 7 course looks a lot but the serving size is perfect. The others at the table had fish and salad as expected these were excellent too.
The only thing I regret is that I went to this place on my last night in Cusco. If I went on my first night I am pretty sure I would have repeated this restaurant 2 or 3 times. Soooo Gooood.
Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Dank u for your review and thank you again for your visit; as my first customers from Curacao, I remember very well your familly and the dinner you had with us. I am very happy that your experience was so good and we could contribue in a very positive wat to your stay un Peru.
Before we had a 9 courses degustacion and it was too much ;)) great you loved our 7 one ;)
We hope that you are doing well and maybe we will have a chance to serve you again in our restaurant.

My best regards,

Moscow, Russia
“Great Cusco dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We selected this restaurant based on Tripadvisor ranking and were not disappointed. The owner was very friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious. I would recommend expanding the wine list as the selection seemed somewhat limited.

The service was friendly and it was evident that the waiters were coached by the owner even as guest were there. Well done!

Visited August 2013
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear DK,

Thank you very much for your visit and thank you for a nice comment about le Soleil.
I am really happy that your experience with us was great and you likes our fodd and service.
Sorry if you found our wine list a bit short for you: we have 28 diffent French wines on the list which is today the longest French wine list in Peru. I do hope you understand that offering French wine at 11 000 feet is not a easy task ;))
Please visit us again if one day you come back to cusco.

My very best regards,

Cleveland, Ohio
“welcoming atmosphere, excellent cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were pleased to find an excellent French restaurant so close to the main square on a quiet side street. The owner was friendly and accomodating. He even sent out for beer for one member of our party who could not drink wine. The classically cooked French dishes were excellent. The sfuffed quail and duck were wonderful as was the pate.

• Visited August 2013
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your visit recently at le Soleil; it was a great pleasure to host you and share our food and drink with your family of 3. I am happy that you remember us and consider as excellent for dinning and service.
As I said, my job is to please customers and if you are pleased, I am very pleased too ;))
Hope your trip back to Ohio was safe and please visit us if ever you come back to Cusco.

My very best regards,