“A must when in Cusco” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 413 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: True 100% French traditional gourmet food and wine; perfect place for a romantic and/or special occasion meal; OPEN Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 12:30-15:00 & 19:30-22:30 Closed Wednesday. We accept ONLY soles, dolars, euros and Visa; sorry NO MC, Amex nor Diners.
San Diego, California
“A must when in Cusco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The restaurant is very clean and well-decorated. The service is excellent and the menu is extremely well-thought and impeccably cooked. Everyone who visits Cusco should have the pleasure of dining here.

• Visited November 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear rriverapr,

We are very happy to learn that your experience with us was pleasant and you did like our food and service. Thank you for your nice comment and recommendation. We will be very happy to host you again if you come back to Cusco: please visit us.

Sydney, Australia
“I think they tried their best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Uchu which is number 2 on trip advisor and it was fantastic! After reading the reviews on le soliel we decided to book for our final night in cusco as it was rated number 1 so we had high expectations. A couple of things to note: admittedly it was a Tuesday night however, it was only my husband and I plus one other family that came a bit later, we thought this strange due to the great feedback. Firstly we decided to order the degustation as we are foodies and like to try lots of different things on the menu. I also generally like to pair a wine or wines with they food which normally a restaurant offering a degustation has an option of doing, I asked the waiter of they had mating wines to which he shook his head and said no. I asked then considering the degustation what single wine might he recommend, again he looked puzzled and said most people who come here choose a red wine... I said ok I will have s glass of red. The red came and it was quite nice though it was chilled which I found odd? The food came quickly which you would expect seeing as they only had 2 tables. It was pleasant though certainly not amazing. I found the first course of pâté and French style bread to be oddly presented as it was a slab of warmed bread which had sweat onto the plate and a spoon of the pâté.... Service was again fine but nothing to write home about, again I would expect them to be attentive due to the lack of customers. The funniest thing I found was when the waiter asked if we wanted a tea or coffee, I asked if they had decaf coffee which they did, he brought me out the box full of nespresso pods??? For a restaurant trying to be high class this was surprising, what was even more surprising was they charged 15 soles for it! One other thing to mention that it is actually quite hard to book as you can't get hold of them via phone during the day, I actually emailed through and Arthur got back to me within a day or so. I also noticed that lots of the reviews were directed towards Arthur though we did not meet him, possibly this may have enhanced the experience? As I can't quite work out why this restaurant has received the reviews it has? I wish I could be a bit more positive and I question whether I am being fussy though my husband and I concur that we thing Le Soleil is trying to be more than it is and certainly charging for it comparing it to other restaurants in cusco.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
bella140481,

After ridding your large comment about your experience with us, I have an impression that your visit at le Soleil had on purpose to mention our competitors name and destroy our reputation. Something tells me that you are related to them and to another very bad critic (your husband?)
:-)) which are coming the same day and use exactly the same procedure for the same dinner...

Our side of story:
- waiter brought to you a glace of young red wine which we serve less than 16'C because of the altitude and its age (nicer to drink): did you mentioned to him that you did not liked the temperature? No; he could easily open another bottle to you with higher temperature; customers eating at the same time had the same wine and found it excellent...
- "service was fine and I would expect them to be attentive"; so the service was or was not ok?
- as a experienced traveller you know that November is a low season in Cusco and if we have 3 tables out of ten we are happy since we offer the quality and not quantity...
- Nespresso has 12 best coffee blends in the world and we are happy only ones in Cusco to offer their products; bringing coffee box to our customers table allows them to choose the preferred blend and in your case you could choose between 3 different decaf versions: what is wrong with it? In your country there is probably a shop of Nespresso so you can buy easily their coffee; in Peru there is none and capsules come from Europe
- Arthur got back to you not a day or so later but 17 mins later! cf mails from the 14th of November
Yes, you could be more positive but I think it must be very difficult when you have a "mission" to damage our reputation. And no, we are not trying to be more than we are: we just try to share our passion for food and service.

Oceanside, New York
“A fun and unique dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been living in Cusco for almost a year and over time have tried out many of the most prominent restaurants in town. I have been suspicious that the ratings on Tripadvisor are a little overblown, but one day my girlfriend and I decided to try out the number one rated restaurant just to give it a shot.

I could not have been more impressed by every aspect of my experience dining at Le Soleil. Although definitely pricey, taken as a whole this restaurant is an excellent value. Every detail exceeded my expectations, from the friendly staff and prompt service to the elegant yet simplistic decor to the delicious cuisine of imported French delicacies. Although I have eaten at other upscale restaurants in the US, the protracted dining experience of being served course after course was really fun and unique. Without fail everything we were served was delicious, and even the more adventurous French delicacies were presented in such a way as to make them more than palatable. I really don´t have a bad thing to say about this restaurant, and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an upscale, elegant dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear David,

Great to hear from you! Thank you for your nice comments about le Soleil; I am proud that we did exceed your expectations and your experience with us was excellent. It was a great pleasure to host you and had a little chat with you and your girlfriend. Thank you as well for your recommendation to other users of Tripadvisor.
I am looking forwrd to hosting you again and as we said, give you more opportunity to try our cuisine and service.

See you soon, my best ragards,

Santa Ana, California
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arthur was a true gentlemen. I inquired in advance if he would accommodate a vegan option. He was more than helpful and even put a vegan option on the menu. The food was delicious- excellently prepared and presented. The whole experience was great and I highly recommend. You won't go wrong.

• Visited October 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for being our first vegan customers and for our little chat ;)) I am happy that you and your partner enjoyed our food and service. We will keep on the menu vegan options and I hope we could offer them to others as well.
Thank you for your recommendaion and please visit us again if one day you come back to Cusco.

muswellbrook
“Pisco Sour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was where we had our first and last meals in Cusco. We tried our first Pisco sours (and a free one during happy hour) and had a great meal on our first night. It was a little expensive by Peruvian standards but about what one would expect to pay in a descent restuarant in Australia. On our last night we had guinea pig and my only regret (yes I've had a few!!!) was it did not come whole but resembled kentucky fried chicken. Definitely something you have to experience. The staff were mega helpful and friendly.

Visited April 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear dusky3006,

Thank you for nice words you put under our profile. I am affraid that you have been to an other restaurant since all details you mentionned do not correspond to our proposal cf we do not serve pisco sour nor cuy. Sorry for that and I hope you can correct your comment and address to the right restaurant.