“A fun and unique dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 405 restaurants in Cusco
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: True 100% French traditional gourmet food and wine; perfect place for a romantic and/or special occasion meal; OPEN Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 12:30-15:00 & 19:30-22:30 Closed Wednesday. We accept ONLY soles, dolars, euros and Visa; sorry NO MC, Amex nor Diners.
Oceanside, New York
“A fun and unique dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been living in Cusco for almost a year and over time have tried out many of the most prominent restaurants in town. I have been suspicious that the ratings on Tripadvisor are a little overblown, but one day my girlfriend and I decided to try out the number one rated restaurant just to give it a shot.

I could not have been more impressed by every aspect of my experience dining at Le Soleil. Although definitely pricey, taken as a whole this restaurant is an excellent value. Every detail exceeded my expectations, from the friendly staff and prompt service to the elegant yet simplistic decor to the delicious cuisine of imported French delicacies. Although I have eaten at other upscale restaurants in the US, the protracted dining experience of being served course after course was really fun and unique. Without fail everything we were served was delicious, and even the more adventurous French delicacies were presented in such a way as to make them more than palatable. I really don´t have a bad thing to say about this restaurant, and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an upscale, elegant dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear David,

Great to hear from you! Thank you for your nice comments about le Soleil; I am proud that we did exceed your expectations and your experience with us was excellent. It was a great pleasure to host you and had a little chat with you and your girlfriend. Thank you as well for your recommendation to other users of Tripadvisor.
I am looking forwrd to hosting you again and as we said, give you more opportunity to try our cuisine and service.

See you soon, my best ragards,

95% Recommend
Santa Ana, California
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arthur was a true gentlemen. I inquired in advance if he would accommodate a vegan option. He was more than helpful and even put a vegan option on the menu. The food was delicious- excellently prepared and presented. The whole experience was great and I highly recommend. You won't go wrong.

• Visited October 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for being our first vegan customers and for our little chat ;)) I am happy that you and your partner enjoyed our food and service. We will keep on the menu vegan options and I hope we could offer them to others as well.
Thank you for your recommendaion and please visit us again if one day you come back to Cusco.

My best regards,

muswellbrook
“Pisco Sour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was where we had our first and last meals in Cusco. We tried our first Pisco sours (and a free one during happy hour) and had a great meal on our first night. It was a little expensive by Peruvian standards but about what one would expect to pay in a descent restuarant in Australia. On our last night we had guinea pig and my only regret (yes I've had a few!!!) was it did not come whole but resembled kentucky fried chicken. Definitely something you have to experience. The staff were mega helpful and friendly.

Visited April 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear dusky3006,

Thank you for nice words you put under our profile. I am affraid that you have been to an other restaurant since all details you mentionned do not correspond to our proposal cf we do not serve pisco sour nor cuy. Sorry for that and I hope you can correct your comment and address to the right restaurant.

My best regards,

essex,ct
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I sought out Le Soleil after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and what a treat! Our dinner at Le Soleil was unbelievable and everything others had reported. Arthur was a superb host entertaining us with stories of his travels and sharing his love for the area with us. The food was perfectly prepared. My husband had the Table d'hote menu and he was overwhelmed. Best fois gras he ever tasted and he is a seasoned traveler. I enjoyed the risotto which was perfectly prepared. I can't say enough positive things about this restaurant. The service, presentation, food and ambiance were all spot on. I know if we find ourselves back in Cusco we wouldn't go anywhere else. My only regret is I didn't get a chance to enjoy a Nespresso with Arthur due to a touch of altitude sickness but I look forward to sharing one with him on our next visit.

• Visited September 2012
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear sueg159,

Great to hear from you!
Thank you so much for your positve comment about le Soleil. You are very generous in your words and we are so pleased to know that you liked your experience with us. I am sure you know how important is to receive a positive feedback of your work. Myself and all my team, we love when people love us ;)) and this helps us to keep good work on a high level.
Our little discussion was very pleasant for me too, thank you for that!
When you are next time in Cusco please just drop by and we will have a cup of Nespresso together ;)
Looking forward to hosting you again in our restaurant, my best regards,

Antofagasta, Chile
“I nice expirence in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

In a city with excesive focus on local food (in my opinion not so attractive) you can find an european place to eat good food. A nice place, with a good decoration and a warmy service. Food with real french taste and a remarkable quality.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marcinart, Owner at Le Soleil, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Marcello,

Thank you for your visit last Wednesday and thank you for you nice comment about le Soleil. It is always great to receive a positive feedback.
I am happy that your experience with us was pleasant for you: your happy face during all the meal was an excellent compensation for our efforts. We remember how happy you were having the creme brulee ;)) as we said, now you have to come back for the duck and/or other positions from the menu.

Looking forward to hosting you again, my best regards,