“A home away from home! Top notch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cusco
La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco
Calle San Agustin 275, Cusco Cusco_84, Peru   |
Ranked #30 of 143 hotels in Cusco
Denver, Colorado, United States
“A home away from home! Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were at La Lune One Suite Hotel 4 nights during our trip to Peru. The owner, Art, welcomed us with open arms. He did everything he could to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. If we asked if some other service was possible (like a 90 minute massage in our room or a western breakfast prepared especially for us by his chef), his answer always was "Of course!" Art is so engaging and personable. The intimate, quiet, private nature of this "hotel" makes it a gem and a secret you should share with your closet friends who desire comfort and luxury. Very, very special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
marcinart, Owner at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guests,

It is the second time I am responding to this review...

First of all, many thanks for your visit and your stay with us; it was such a pleasure to have you in our house. I am so glad that you liked the concept and your stay.
I love your words intimate, quiet, private... those adjectives perfectly describe my concept, thank you for that.
I loved our morning discussions and your good humor; when I see happy customers, I am happy.
All my team says hello and we do hope see you one more time in Cusco and of course in La Lune.

My very best regards to three of you!

ps
I will talk about Paris in our private mails

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here in late Nov 2012 and can endorse the favourable comments. We had a one bedroom suite which was comfortable, beautifully furnished and spacious. Bathroom had a great shower.

We ate in the restaurant on 2 evenings, had good quality food, excellent combination of food and good wines and impeccable service.
The hotel is like a rural retreat, with spacious room beautiful grounds and very personable staff.

Yes Arthur makes you feel like family.

A great visit and can highly recommend if visiting Cusco or surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
marcinart, Owner at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Ken,

How nice to hear from you! Thank you very much for such a great review about La Lune; I am very pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant and you recommend our proprety to other travellers.
If, like you say, you felt like family my goal is achieved.
When you come again one day to Peru please visit us again, la Lune is your home in Cusco.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at La Lune 5 nights and I must say that from the moment we entered the property we felt like very special guests at a friend's house. The hotel is just great, beautiful, small, and very intimate and you are the only customers! How unique! The owner, Arthur, is constantly present to help you, to give you advice, to fulfill your needs. There is no reception, no keys, and no hours: you do your own way and you decide when you want to have your meal, massage, drink etc etc. The spa, which is part of the suite, is so nice and we loved the way it was decorated; after massage we could relax in our suite in front of a fire place and have a glass of extra French wine, how romantic! If one day we return to Cusco I will make sure that my booking is confirmed at La Lune.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
marcinart, Owner at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Lélou,

It was a great pleasure to have you as a guest in our One Suite Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us; it seems that you enjoyed our proposal and the way we run our business. You describe very well your stay with us and I thank you for that; thank you for your very positive comment and recomendationto other travellers and readers of TP.
I do really hope to host you again one day in Cusco. Please do not hesitate to visit us again.

My very best regards,

London -Barcelona-Lima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at La Lune with my 9 year-old -son. From the moment we stepped in the door of La Lune, we felt welcome and relaxed. Arthur´s hospitality is courteous yet warm. We felt at home. While my son was relaxing in our spacious suite, watching TV, I was at the bar downstairs chatting away with Arthur. it didn´t feel like a hotel at all, I didn´t feel like a paying guest. All our needs were met, and always treated like a friend. The breakfast was superb (both the service and the actual meal) and so was the dinner at Le Soleil which is essentially the Hotel´s restaurant. I highly recommend La Lune.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
marcinart, Owner at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Madame,

Your review is so nice and gives me more energy to continue our service like this. Thank you very much for choosing La Lune for your stay and thank you for your evaluation and recommendation.
What you describe is exactly how I want our guests to feel: being in a friend's house, relaxed atmosphere, easy to do everything and enjoy as well good food and wine: à propos, I really liked our chat in the bar and this great exchange about our experiences in travelling, thanks for that.
It will be a great pleasure to host you again, please visit us when you come back to Cusco.

My best regards,

Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I hung out with a colleague who was staying at La Lune. I had breakfast and meetings in her suite with friends. The suite was gorgeous, spacious, quiet, and in a great location in Cusco. I was envious. Then there was Artur, the proprietor. He made the experience over the top. Artur was so accommodating, knowledgeable, fun, and went out of his way even with guests of his guests! I really wanted to find a tapestry. Artur took me to the best place and bargained for me. Then there was his restaurant, Le Soleil. The food and ambience was 5 star. I want to go back for more!! I would highly recommend La Lune as a great place to stay and Le Soleil as the best place to eat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
marcinart, Owner at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Anne L,

Thank you so much for your words! friends of my hosts are my friends ;)) it was absolutely fun and pleasure to have you with us: I was so happy to be able to contribute a bit to your wellness during your stay in Cusco. I am glad that you appreciated few moments with your friend in La Lune, when you happy I am happy :))
Please come back for more and feel like home with us: our doors are always open for you!

Old Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Hi there! I was headed to Cusco, Peru on a Charity Challenge venture with my employer. I didn't really want to stay at the lodging designated so I did a bit of research and selected a hotel in Cusco (4 star) where I was a member of their preferred guests. They didn't have a room for me the first night of my 4 night stay so they put me into a hotel called - Le Soleil (the name of the restaurant). I was a bit skeptical because every time I googled Le Soleil it was a restaurant..not a hotel. Then..by chance..as I was looking at the video I saw the name - La Lune - One Suite Hotel. I googled the name, saw that it was a hotel and then got American Express Platinum Service on the line and we called the hotel. We got Mr. Artur Marcinkewicz on the line and the rest of the story is a dream come true! I arrived in Cusco, got to the hotel and was transported into one of the best hotel/stay experiences I've ever had. Now..this.praise does not come easy as my husband only travels 5 star + and he's gotten me quite spoiled! But...from the moment I walked into to the moment I left I truly felt like I was a princess. The service by Mr. Marcinkiewicz and his staff was AMAZING, the room was utterly stunning and the food..in the restaurant..could rival any wonderful restaurant in Paris! I felt like I was staying in a sumptious home with the most amazing attendant services. The decor is extremely tasteful - metro chic but very warm with the touches of the local culture..restful and tranquil. I saw some of the other high end hotels and they were sensory overload...this place put you in a very calm and relaxed state. Think I had some of my best night's sleep there! And...who has a room with a fabulous massage table and an amazing masseuse. We will most defiitely stay here on our return visit to Cusco and really would look forward to seeing Artur again...very soon. He is the penultimate host of hosts!
Colette

Room Tip: There are only two suites and both are absolutely fantastico!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Princess! :)))

What a chance we had to meet you! this overbooking hotel was a great idea :)) seriously, I want to thank you for your nice comments about us! Your stay here was a pleasure for us and serving you and taking care of you was great! I was pleased to know you and our chats were so nice and fun. You are a great person and a such nice customer! I really hope you will come back and stay with us again so we can exchange more about food, wine, travel... Please bring your husband and friend, we'll organize a nice activities around Cusco :))
Thank you again Colette and looking forward to see you soon.

My best regards,

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My senses were given into complete abandon the moment I stepped into the lavish suite of "La Luna - One Suite Hotel". The elegance of the suite washed over my tired self as I used the last bit of energy to ease my battered body into a hot bath. I had just come off the 4-day Inka Trail hike and I was spent. "La Luna" was the perfect solution to my aching muscles.

My host and proprietor Mr. Marcinkiewicz was an exceptionally gracious host, readily available and eager to make my visit to Cusco one I shall not soon forget. I wanted for nothing. The bed was comfortable beyond all expectations. My jacuzzi bath was perfect as was the massage I had the next day. Yes, there was a spa room in my suite and I put it to good use. The decor is pleasing to the eye, the bathroom spacious, the double shower pulsating and the service was impeccable. I see no reason to stay anywhere else the next time I visit Cusco.

Cusco itself pulsated with excitement, Macchu Pichu overwhelmed my sense of history and "La Luna" cradled my person and made me whole again. I have already recommended this hotel and the adjoining restaurant "Le Soleil" to my friends and family and will continue to do so. It was a treat just to be there and it made my time in Cusco that much more valuable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
marcinart, Propietario at La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Estimado Gypsymantraveler,

I am so glad that you liked Peru, Cusco and La Lune One Suite Hotel! I am also happy that your stay here was pleasant and relaxing: I do understand how tourists can be tired after hiking in the mountains. this is why we put all our effort to built a stay package in La Lune. We try to please our customers and serve them in the best way we can! To satisfy you and other passengers is our pleasure, your comments are our price! Thank you for that!
Please be sure that you are welcome any time you come back to Cusco.
Looking forward to this moment,

Arthur Marcinkiewicz

Been to La Lune One Suite Hotel Cusco? Share your experiences!