“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. la Raza 887 | Zona Santa Ana, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #31 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is such a lovely place. Privately operated you feel comfy from the very first moment . The room is spacious and clean. Towels are changed on request. The bed is good too. The breakfast is continental and included . On the top of the building u have a room for breakfast . Here u have a wonderful view about Cuzco.

When we were here, we visited Machu Picchu. Pickup was at 3:30am on Christmas Day. Surprisingly even one of the staff was up with us. She gave great support in the middle of the night, because the bus was belated by 50'.

The only disadvantage of this hotel is between the location and the city center. 208 steps u have to go! Not easy on a height of 3500m. Anyhow , you also can take a taxi...

Highly recommended !

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The couple that runs this hotel are just the sweetest people ever! I arrived late on a Sunday and couldn't find anywhere to eat. So the lady called a friend and arranged to have dinner delivered to my room! It was delicious and inexpensive too. The room is very clean and comfortable, and I think I had the best view available :-) WiFi is good, coca tea is available 24 hours. It's a good 15 minute walk to downtown but they'll help you find your way there, and it's quite a lovely walk too. They were also able to arrange a taxi to pick me up from the airport and take me straight to the hotel for only $8! A steal considering how far the hotel is from the airport and that I don't speak Spanish so I didn't have to bother with a taxi trying to figure out where I was going.

It is a little noisy, especially when people go up and down the stairs. But just bring earplugs and you should be set!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The rooms are good and very clean, hot showers any time of the day. The location is great, with a beautiful view of Cusco, although the street is a bit noisy (like any street in Cusco!). Prefer rooms that don't have a window to the front street.

But what sets it apart is the friendly people that really care about you. In my case my suitcase didn't arrive in my flight to Lima and Sonia was on the phone with Lan everyday until the suitcase was delivered.

Recommended

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the Hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

The hotel is a good ten minute hike up the hill from the old town, and a very steep one at that. But the view from the top is good, the price is ok and there are several collectivos that take you very close or only 1.50 sols. The hotel itself is clean and pleasant, despite a few minor maintenance issues that could be very easily fixed, but the owner hasn't bothered. But the real value of this hotel is in the managers, Raoul and Sonia. They are a marvellously helpful, friendly couple, and nothing was too much trouble for them, from giving advice on transport, ordering taxis, storing bags, helping us move rooms etc. They made the place 100% worth returning.

Room Tip: Choose the ones with a view over the town. 304 and 404 have one double bed. 502 is the best, with ac...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel immensely. It is a bed and breakfast type, very small and cozy. The stuff is uber friendly, they took very good care of me. I had a room with a great view, breakfast was nice, prepared with love and care. On a day I had to live the hotel before breakfast started, they gave me a sandwich to take with me. I see that some people left less that great reviews because the hotel is on the hill. Well, it is on the hill. That's the way it is. If you are not physically fit or don't want to take a taxi, please don't book with them. I personally enjoyed going up the steps from the center every day. I considered it to be my workout for the day. I loved the place!

Room Tip: There are rooms with a view and rooms without the view. If this is important for you, request your r...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I think this small family run b&b offers a great value for your money in Cusco (as well as a very nice city view). The staff is very helpful and takes care of the difficult task of dealing with local taxis. We had to book a cab at a very strange hour (3 am) because we needed to catch the train to Machu Picchu at Ollantaytambo train station (about 2 hours ride from Cusco). The staff arranged everything for us (even a fare price). The breakfast is not bad...they offer just the very basic stuff like orange juice, tea, coffee, cereal, toast and the view from the restaurant is unique. The only downside of this hotel is that is located a bit far form the city centre (20 min to 25 min depending on your own pace). Moreover, as the Mirador Santa Ana is located uphill, which offers great views, you will suffer when returning to the property from downtown (yes, it is very challenging task indeed as you need to deal with altitude). Anyway, I would definitely recommend this b&b if you need a clean and affordable place to sleep in Cusco.

Room Tip: Let the staff know when you will arrive to the property...you will need to arrange late check-in sin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Staying here is a little bit like staying with loving relatives. The staff took such exceptional care of us the entire time. We had issues with our flights getting in, but they worked with us around our stay there and in Machu Pichu, and our flight out was very early in the morning, but they still gave us a lift to the airport, even at 3:30 AM. In addition, at one point I was feeling under the weather, and the staff worked to make me feel better.

There is not a large variety of food for breakfast, but it is very well prepared. Eggs, fresh bread, butter, and jam with fresh juice and coffee/tea every morning is a great way to start, not to mention the wonderful view from the breakfast area.

The room was a nice size, the furniture in good condition, and it was very clean.

The only negatives that I have are:
The pillows could have been more comfortable
It is a bit of a walk from the Plaza de Armas (about 10 minutes walking downhill) and a 4-5 solae cab back up the hill.

However, the positives, especially the staff and the price, greatly outweigh the negatives. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Cuzco.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor to get a wonderful view of the city!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mirador de Santa Ana? Share your experiences!