“A few nights rest in Cusco” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Huaynapata

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cusco
Hostal Huaynapata
You added Hostal Huaynapata to your Saves list
Calle Huaynapata 369, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #89 of 245 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Phoenix, Arizona
“A few nights rest in Cusco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I arrived in Cusco to find that my reserved hotel room had been given away. In a panic, I explored several other locations until I found Hostal Huaynapata. Luis, an employee, graciously showed me two choices for a room. He made me tea and helped me with my luggage. My room was clean, the staff quite helpful, and the hostal was within walking distance to most of Cusco's main areas.

Breakfast in the morning consisted of coffee, juices, milk or tea and bread, granola, cheese, meats and fruit. There is tea and coffee available all day, as well as fresh fruit. I had hot water every day, not always available in other hotels, and a clean room when I returned from exploring.

Another kind employee, helped me carry all my luggage to Plaza San Blas when my taxi driver became lost. As a single female traveler, this was so helpful! Throughout my stay I felt secure with an honest and helpful staff. I highly recommend staying at Hostal Huaynapata.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for two nights after coming in from Bolivia. The room was clean, the beds were comfy and the breakfast was ample (eggs, bread, juice, fruit and hot drinks). We had an ensuite room, the shower was nice and hot and we also had a heater in the room which worked (bonus for Cuzco). The WIFI was also very good and there is a computer for guest use in reception. It is pricey for a backpackers budget but if you need some comfort its a good option for a first night and then change to a cheaper option. Secure and staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Try and get a discount if staying more nights.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good location just few minutes from the Plaza del armas and of many restaurants!

The hostal has a delicious breakfast, with juices, eggs, tea.... laundry service, cable tv, king size bed very confortable and hot water to take a shower. There is luggage room free.

Your front desk is very loved and helpfull.

We enjoyed!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

we slept in this place for about 7 nights, all the time we had hot water, hot room and very bid and comfi bed, the breakfast was nice also, 24 hr of free wifi . quite place but very close to the center. if we had more nights we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Menen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I can not understand the person from Cartagena, the hotel is so fine to me.
I have been staying here now since August 11th and everything is spotless with a very attentive service provided by the ladies / girls who work in the hotel.
The two of us take each day at least one shower and the water is always hot, you always need to add cold water.
Breakfast is always delicious and consists of eggs, coffee / tea / hot chocolate, sandwiches, butter, jam and fresh fruit salad.
Sometimes I eat too much breakfast that one hour later I need to take Andrews Salt.
Very important to us, complete quietness at night and only two blocks from the plaza de armas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cartagena, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We arrived in Cusco early in the morning and while they had no room available at that time by 10:30 they had a nice room with a kingsize bed.
The hostel promised hot water, essential in Cusco but 3 days later we finally received more than a 2 min. trickle. The room had windows on 2 sides that opened into a courtyard(sort of) and the lights were left on all night which although there were curtains on the windows, they were translucent so sleep was disturbed.
Breakfast was rolls, butter & mermelada although a full American breakfast was what was promised when booked by Hostel Los Andes..
Would I recommend this place, only if there was nothing else available and believe me there are plenty places available close by..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Huaynapata? Share your experiences!