“Machu Picchu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inti Sun Trek

Inti Sun Trek
Calle Triunfo 392 Office 209 on the Second floor | Centro Artesanal Arte Inka, Cusco, Peru
+51 996 734 343
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 118 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are experts specializing in a variety of small group treks operating from the ancient city of Cusco, Peru. We are one of only a few companies that offer the once in a lifetime trek to the beautiful ancient city of Machu Picchu in a small group setting,but we also are capable of handling large groups and organizations.If you are planning a trip to Machu Picchu with a large group, organization, or family, Inti Sun Trek will be able to expertly handle all of your needs
Philly
4 attraction reviews
“Machu Picchu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

did the Machu Picchu trek with Inti Sun Trek in Sep 2013. They helped me cross an item on my bucket list.

At first, I was a little skeptical because it was a new company and the deposit was requested via Western Union only.

But Jesus was great. I bugged him with so many questions and he was prompt in responding. As a single female traveler, I was also a bit nervous on the trip. But Jesus made me feel comfortable doing the trek alone.

When I arrived with Cuzco, I met Jesus and he made sure that I had everything I needed for the trek. I forgot to bring bug spray and I was so glad that he made sure I had some! Those pesky bugs.

My guide was Alfredo. He was competent and was flexible in letting me finish the trek early. One thing that was not great was that I was a bit left out as the other traveler in my trip were Spanish-speakers.

Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Unbelievably Excellent for a Group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were a group of 22 Canadian Scouts aged 13 to adult travelling to Peru for some community development work and travel and we hoped to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. After considering several options through Canadian travel agents it was recommended our group consider working directly with a Peruvian trek provider. Several top-quality companies were found through TripAdvisor, Inti Sun Trek among them. One by one, though, they began to drop from the selection list, as large group travel is not something every company can/will do. Jesus from Inti Sun Trek was an exception. Not only did he immediately propose breaking our large group into three smaller hiking groups, but his price beat his competition. For the next few months he was in constant contact: obtaining information, answering questions and providing advice. His timing for buying trail tickets was impeccable, because the supply began to dry up the following week. As the travel date drew near he checked and double-checked our personal information, confirmed our physical training program, supplied a packing list and diligently arranged some travel for some family members meeting us at destination.

On the trail itself Jesus and his company were brilliant. Our three groups hiked more or less independently but rejoined at lunch and at the end of the day. The campsites selected were as good/better than any others on the trail. Everyone ate in a giant dining tent made from two already large tents. Food quality was excellent and there was always something specially prepared for our one Vegetarian. Carlos and Alfredro, two of his guides, were stellar in their knowledge, dedication and interest in our well-being. Further, both had a number of physical games for the group to play during breaks on the trail (who could have known leapfrog and arm wrestling could be so much fun?). Unbelievably, Jesus, Carlos and Alfredo even liked Canadian jokes!

Most tellingly, when one of our group had some asthma problems on Day 1, Jesus worked diligently to ensure the member was rested and able to continue the trek. The following day the personal backpack went with a porter and Jesus set a slow, steady pace - with lots of short rests and water breaks - that enabled the Scout to crest the pass only 20 minutes behind the lead members of our group. Had Jesus not displayed quiet confidence, knowledge and leadership abilities, one member of our team might have missed out on a terrific Inca Trail experience.

The final item is the porters. They are indeed amazing men and Inti Sun Trek works hard for their welfare. Tipping conventions, which can sometimes be difficult to decode, are laid out so everyone goes home happy.

In summary, if you are planning a group trek you can be assured Inti Sun Trek will provide you with an absolutely fabulous experience. Jesus and his company have our highest recommendation and our very best wishes for continued success.

Been there, done that, received a dandy Inti Sun Trek "I hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu" T-shirt.

Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Inca trail to Machu Picchu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our group experience with Inti Sun Trek was amazing!

The briefing and packing list were exact and precise. They made sure we packed everything we would use. The trek itself was magical, the guides very knowledgeable and caring for the clients. We learned a lot about the history of the trails and the Incas. The guides let us take frequent stops to catch our breaths, take in the views and take lots of pictures. We got to rent trekking poles, which I would recommend to anyone! The guides were funny, upbeat, very encouraging and fun to talk to. Our guide even played the Beatles on his flute at breaks!

Each lunch, the eating tent was already set up and the food ready to eat. The food was high in carbs, which was great. The meals were always 6 courses+, usually starting with a soup, then vegetables, followed by meat, potatoes, rice etc, always ending with dessert. Once we were done eating, we would fill up our water bottles and head off to hike until our next camping spot. The tents and air mats (which were both in excellent condition) were already set up, ready for us to lay down and take our packs off. As soon as you get to the site, we would have tea hour (hot chocolate, insta-coffee, tea with crackers, jam and popcorn).

An hour or so later we would have dinner, which would be very similar to lunch. The food was amazing, and to think that they made this at camp, they deserve a gold star. We dined like royalty. They even accommodated to our one group member who was vegetarian. Also, they made us a cake the last night - how they made it lies a mystery to me, but it was very nicely decorated and tasted great, a nice touch.

As for the baños, they were all squat toilets, a few where you would have to pay (along the trail). The camp sites had flushing squat toilets, which was a tad bit better then the dry ones. There were no showers, except for the third camp site (ice cold water). This was exactly what Inti Sun Trek told us to expect.

Another nice touch was our group meeting all of our porters. We introduced ourselves and so did they - it was very interesting.

All in all, we were treated like royalty, ate fancier food then we would at home and had an overall great time. 5 stars.

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“No better company on the Salkantay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had the most amazing time on our 5 day Salkantay trek. We were lucky enough to have Jesus as our guide and he was so knowledgable and friendly. He really cared about our experience and we learnt so much about the history of the Incas and the region, just as we´d hoped. Compared to the other groups we saw on the trail, Inti Sun was definitely the best. We had outstanding food (Fernando made amazing soups and gave us popcorn every afternoon for a snack!), the equipment was excellent and they were able to set up camp anywhere with a kitchen and even toilet tent. This was much appreciated.

The Salkantay trek was unforgettable and every company does the same route more or less, at the end of the day you are paying for an excellent guide, comfortable eating and dining arrangments and good food, Inti Sun Trek delivered on all of these elements! We are so grateful that we went with them! Worth every penny.

One thing to mention, we went with just us two as they couldn´t fill our dates. As a young couple we would have prefered to have more company and socialize a bit more (it makes hiking more enjoyable in our experience), so a two person group might be a good fit for some but we wished we had gone a day later to be with more people. That being said, a two person group also has lots of perks and we were so thankful that Inti Sun accomodated us with no extra cost.

All in all it was the best experience we could have hoped for. Book with Inti Sun Trek!

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Thank You, Inti Sun Trek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I (along with my brother and sister in law) just returned from the four day Inca Trail and I cannot recommend Inti Sun Trek enough! From the early planning stages to our arrival back in Cusco, everyone with Inti Sun was amazing. Jesus was always prompt in responding to emails and was very proactive in ensuring all the details were squared away.

When we arrived in Cusco Jesus set helped set us up with a tour of the Sacred Valley as well as a private tour to some of the lesser visited ruins. With so many tour companies through Cusco and not knowing who to go with, having Jesus help us set these things up was very much appreciated.

Our guide, Alfredo, was awesome. He had an impressive knowledge of the flora and fauna as well as all the history behind the ruins that we passed. He did a great job of keeping us motivated without ever being pushy – even when my husband was really sick on the second day. It was definitely fun just hanging out and chatting with Alfredo throughout the trek.

The food that our chef, Urbano, cooked throughout the trek was delicious! I was so impressed by what he could do out on the trail. The food we had on our trek was actually better than any of the food that we had in the restaurants in Cusco. My husband has Celiac and cannot eat gluten – prior to leaving we were a little concerned about what his food options would be, but those fears were put to rest immediately. If there was wheat in the meal, Urbano always had a comparable alternative that was Gluten Free and just as delicious. It was very obvious that Urbano and all of the porters take a lot of pride in what they do. They work incredibly hard but always seem to have a smile on their faces. All of their hard work definitely allowed us to have an unforgettable experience and I’m so grateful for everything they do.

I would highly recommend Inti Sun Trek to anyone looking for a trekking company in Cusco. They really have all of the details nailed down and we felt like we were in great hands throughout the process.

Visited July 2013