I have a number of reasons for scoring this hotel badly:
1) there were renovations going on whilst I was there...which I understand the need for; however having drilling and hammering going on until 18.30 in the evening after a long day walking round the city was awful.
2) the food quality was substandard; and this was not down to the quality of raw produce, as having eaten in other restaurants in Cusco, they were all superb. When I came down to Breakfast at 7.30 the "hot breakfast" (Scrambled eggs) was cold and the glass orange juice jug had a cracked spout, which is very unhealthy.
The rooms are rather poky, however for a 3-star, I cannot complain too vehemently.
The staff did try to bridge gaps by being helpful...however the two points above nailed it for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a few steps from the historic and financial center of Cusco. We are located in front of the Temple of the Sun “Koricancha” and just four blocks from the Main Square. Los Portales Cusco Hotel is your best choice to enjoy the archaeological Capital of America or do business on El Sol Avenue, the main street passing through downtown. Los Portales Cusco is a comfortable hotel with services suitable to the needs of the modern traveler. Our restaurant offers a complete breakfast buffet and a selective menu of national and international food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your LP Hotel Cusco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.