“A special thanks to Danny M. He was very helpful and delightful. His english is great and he even shared some spanish with me, !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LP Hotel Cusco

Save Saved
You added LP Hotel Cusco to your Saves list
LP Hotel Cusco
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. El Sol 602, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #22 of 143 hotels in Cusco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very inviting. I enjoyed my stay very much!!!! The rooms were beautiful and relaxing. Peru will always have a special place in my heart!! I am happy to of had the experience at your property. It is a trip I will never forget!!

Gracias por todo

• Stayed March 2013
Zrodriguez, Gerente at LP Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your excellent comment about Los Portales Hotel and for the recommendation about Danny. We hope to have you again with us very soon.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I arrive to Cusco tired, thirsty and tired. The staff made check in so easy for us. They brought our bags to our room, gave us some tea and let us relax for a bit while they took care of everything. We checked in to our room and promptly took naps. The beds were comfortable and the room overlooked the street but was quiet.
We had room service and breakfast here- both were delicious and we had no complaints. The staff was always wonderful and smiling and ready to help us with anything we needed.
It was easy to walk to all of the major sites and to the main square. The area was safe and we had no problems navigating around the hotel. Great property!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Zrodriguez, Gerente at LP Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

We greatly appreciate your great opinion regarding our Hotel.
Looking forward to your early return to Cusco, to be at your disposal.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Los Portales is a great place to stay if you're looking for reasonably priced rooms not too far from all the goings-on in Cusco. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our week-long holiday and nothing was too much of a problem for them. The one complaint I did have was that the Wi-Fi connection in the room was less reliable than Frank Spencer on his first day in a new job - extremely frustrating when you're trying to do some work when you travel.

All in all, a highly recommended place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ZuleikaRodriguez, Gerente at LP Hotel Cusco, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest.

Thank you for the good comment about our hotel, we regret that you had inconvennientes with the WI-FI also is to inform you that already solve the system after our maintenance.

We hope you are back and you can have a better experience with us.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First, ignore the swimming pool rating; there is no pool but (Trip Advisor: fix this!) having ticked one circle it doesn't allow one to delete it.) Los Portales was an ideal hotel for us: Diverse clientele --we avoid "accidental tourist" hotels when travelling abroad--friendly, helpful staff, and excellent buffet breakfast. The urn with fresh--and frequently brewed--coca tea is visible from reception; it really helps in dealing with altitude. We didn't need oxygen but know it is available. The staff is friendly and helpful; English is spoken. The lounge has a large screen TV and several computers; internet service is free and high-speed. Our room on the 3rd floor faced the interior courtyard /atrium and we heard noise from the ground floor once or twice but it was not enough to keep up awake. The hotel is walking distance from the Plaza de Armas (central square) and many points of interest. It is also on a main street so it is easy to grab a cab. If you are going to Machu Picchu, the hotel will store your bags in a secure room while you are gone. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Cusco.

Room Tip: I would ask for an interior room because the street noise it likely to be louder and more sustained...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your excellent comment about Los Portales Hotel and for the recommendation about the acoustic isolation in the third floor, which we already fixed.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was arrange by our Machu Pichu trekking travel agency.
Very welcoming lobby with hot tea round the clock. Two PC next room with comfortable sofas and nice decoration make this hotel a rare find in Cusco.
Modern elevator with spiral staircase surround it make it quite unique.
Friendly staff made us feel at home.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the street, as the hotel is right at the street front and can be noisy in the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your wonderful words about Los Portales and we hope to have you again with us very soon.

Best Regards,
Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, short walk to plaza de armas and the breakfast buffet was excellent Also, is located close distance to many other businesses, shopping and convenience stores.

The only complaint I had is that I when I arrived at check in, the staff needed the andean entry card (that document the give you at the airport when you arrive from international flights). I didn't know that it was going to be needed and I left it in Lima at my friends house I didn't want to lose it travelling to cusco, machu pichu etc). To make the long story short they wanted to charge additional fees (tax) because I didn't have this card. I said, but look at my passport stamp is from 4 days ago when I arrived in Peru but they didn't care. My Peruvian friend was with me and she had her Peruvian National DNI which according to hotel staff there was no difference. Well, after negotiating we agreed to meet in the middle and I was going to end up paying half of tax amount. Next morning at check out, the same check in employee wasn't there. I ended up paying the extra tax in it entirely and they said is because your Peruvian friend was in the reservation and they charge that fee to nationals. I mean come on, now they changed the story on me. I feel they only wanted to charge me more.

If it wasn't for that little detail I would've give them a 5 star.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your excellent comment and for having stayed with us.

The Andean Migration Card it is a requirement according to law.

McHenry, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here before and after our trip to Machu Piccu. We all had altitude difficulties the first day; Coca tea and food helped, oxygen too for my wife. Very extensive breakfast buffet, including puffed kiwichia. We had one room facing the street, another facing the pretty alleyway in back. Room has smoke detector, minibar, desk with lamp and wifi, chair, flatscreen tv, closet, safe, phone, and mirror (look in the closet). It does not have a safe, end table, or sprinkler. Pretty close to walk to the main square, or to shopping, and much quieter.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for your excellent comment and for having stayed with us.

We hope to have you again, very soon at Los Portales Hotel.

Best regards,

Been to LP Hotel Cusco? Share your experiences!