“Incredible Adventure! Outstanding Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Machu Travel Peru Day Tours

Machu Travel Peru Day Tours
Urb. Los Nogales, Jr. Pachacamac S - 17 - DPT. 102 | San Sebastian- Cusco, Cusco 084, Peru
+51-84-276737
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 383 Tours & Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Machu Travel Peru is passionate professional team that works and lives in the very heart of Cusco, ancient capital of the Incan empire and from our beloved city we develop and design fully customized luxury travel experiences in order to make dreams come true. Our team has specially created a fine line of travel experiences that we call: Luxury Travel Peru.Once you decided to be part of one of our tailor-made tours, you will be part of a completely personalized experience through stunning destinations, all assisted by a flawless logistics and first-class services that will orchestrate the travel of your dreams.Machu Travel Peru invites you to be part of a once-in-a-lifetime luxurious experience, discover with us the wonders of our best destinations in Peru.
“Incredible Adventure! Outstanding Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Machu Travel Peru did an awesome job of ensuring my family had a wonderful, SAFE, trip to Peru!! We have never been to S. America, and were skeptical of traveling on a whim. Jhonatan Huacac guided us by email all the way from setting up the trip to having the best vacation of our lives. We traveled with my wife and three teenage children (12-14-16) mid-June, which seemed to be the best for weather and tourist density. Our package was the Machu Pichu and Lake Titicaca tour. We decided to travel a day early and spend an extra day in Lima (mistake). We should have spent the extra day in Cusco. Machu Travel Peru arranged all transfers, meetings, tickets and hotels without a hitch. We were always met and guided to the next adventure.
The one thing we loved about Machu Travel Peru was the feeling of being on an individual adventure, and not a "tagged sheep" in one of the larger Gate 1-Travel tour groups that we saw in Peru. There was a personal touch to Machu Travel Peru, almost as if your brother or sister was showing you around their home town...did I saw we felt safe the entire time!
Our trip started by flying into Lima, where we were met at 2 AM by Carlos and Joel...funny guys who literally know everybody at the Airport...security, gate agents, etc. Our transfer in and out of Lima was like being a rock star. We explored Lima on Day 1 by ourselves using Hotel Taxis (the JW Marriott was first rate!). Day two was handled by Lima Vision Bus Tours...this was one "shared tour" during the whole trip. Day 3 we flew to Cusco and was met by Jhonatan and his driver....he escorted us to the JW Marriott in Cusco and received a full briefing on the next 7 days. Jhonatan left no stone unturned on his briefing and we were fully prepared!
Highlights of the rest of the trip: Personal tours by Rosa in Cusco and Esmeralda in Machu Pichu were FIRST RATE! Both women were outstanding in knowledge and English Language. These were private tours by passionate women who gave my family the best view of Peru that you only read about in books: Inca Ruins, Alpaca farms, city tours...unbelievable. Ask for them! We tipped them and the drivers well since they went out of their way to show us things not on the itinerary, again remember the comment about your brother or sister giving you a tour!! Out trip to Puno was the gem of the trip...Lake Titicaca and the Uros islands were amazing. The boat trip to Taquille Island and spending the day and lunch with a native Peruvian are memories that my I-Phone kids actually turned their phone off for.
I could write a book on the other pluses of the trip. Things I would advise you on:
1) Use Machu Travel Peru...I am a believer.
2) Spend less time in Lima, more time in Cusco. Stay at the 5-star hotels...good sleep (you'll need it), great food and a piece of comfort at the end of a long tiring day.
3) Spend two-days in Aguas Calientes & Machu Pichu. We climbed Wayna Pichu as part of the Machu Pichu tour and were hot, smelly and exhausted at the end of the day...and caught the train back to Cusco that night (same day). It was almost too much for the kids!
4) We were not expecting a 10-hour bus trip from Cusco to Puno...it was magnificent. You get to see Peru outside of the tourist cities an see some amazing culture...first rate bus, outstanding stop at a restaurant in the Andes at 12,000 feet....again, my I-phone kids loved it.
5) Did not expect the 2-hour boat ride to Tequille Island on Lake Titicaca....a wonderful experience that my kids talk about as much as Machu Pichu.
I would be delighted to answer any questions for you in regards to our Family Vacation with Machu Travel Peru. It was not cheap, but the memories and experiences were worth every penny....and I feel like I have a new family in Peru with Jhonatan, Rosa, Esmeralda and the rest of their team.
Good luck and have fun!

Visited June 2014
Cristhian P, Director General at Machu Travel Peru Day Tours, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Richard Harris,

This is MACHU TRAVEL PERU team and just want to say thanks due to your excellent review you pubiished about your incredible trip we created along your visit to Machu Picchu and Titicaca Lake; we are also so proud of our staff who took care of you and allowed you to have a memorable experience in each destination you have visited in Peru. We're sure you will share your experiences and memories with all your family members and friends who are thinking to come to Peru and choose our company as the best option in Peru. Hopefully, you will come back to Peru again where your family will be waiting you with wide hugs.

Best regards from Peru,

Your family: MACHU TRAVEL PERU

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Well organized and well priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

You can count on Machu Travel Peru tour company to follow thru on all the details. Your tour will be well planned and the team will make sure that your expectations are met. Even if the train is delayed 2 hours late into the night, you can be confident that someone will be there to meet you at the station when you finally arrive! The accommodations are nice, the spanish speaking guides are wonderful, and I imagine the english speaking guides are just as well prepared. We are three mature women traveling together and Machu Travel Peru made sure that we had an unforgettable experience.

Visited May 2014
Cristhian P, Manager at Machu Travel Peru Day Tours, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Hello Sue, this is Jhonatan HC from MACHU TRAVEL PERU.
Thank you so much for your terrific comment you did in favor of our tour company which always give our clients an efficient and personalized services as they have planned their trips. In our service style does not exist schedules because nobody knows what's going to happen, so there will always be someone of MACHU TRAVEL to assist anywhere. Therefore, our service is always organized even though natural and social problems happened without reasons....

Thank you so much and hopefully you come back soon...
Telford, United Kingdom
“An Amazing and Adventurous time in Peru.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After seeing the excellent reviews for Machu Travel Peru I decided to use their services for my trip. This was a wise decision as thanks to this firm I had an amazing time in Peru. I only had a week off but thanks to Jhonatan Huacac from Machu Travel Peru, he tailor-made me and organised me an unforgettable 7 day all inclusive package and packed in everything I wanted to do within that time. I got to do and see everything I wanted to including the Nazca Lines, the many other exciting and jaw dropping attractions around Cusco and other places and of course the Jewel of Peru...the breath-taking Machu Pichu. The chosen Tour Guides by this company were also excellent and knowledgeable and very friendly and fun.

Thanks to Jhonatan 's proactive arrangement management everything went very smoothly and seamlessly. This included all the complex stuff like hotel bookings, Taxi pickups/drop-offs, internal flights and coach trips and the whole itinerary programme. On one occasion there was a small delay in me being picked up but that was soon rectified within minutes of a phone call. His Customer Service support was excellent and he ensured that everything went as smooth as clockwork during the whole amazing and memorable seven days. I would highly recommend Machu Travel Peru without a second thought to anyone who wants to travel to South America! Thankyou.

Visited June 2014
“A unique family vacation (an adventure in Peru)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

After reading multiple reviews, and researching for our visit to Peru we decided to book our trip with Machu Travel Peru. Our expectations were high, but the trip that the team at Machu Travel Peru planned with us gave our family a unique adventure in this wonderful country.

Upon arriving at the airport in Cusco, Jonathan and the crew was awaiting us with a very safe, comfortable vehicle to transport us to the Sacred Valley. Our driver was Joel. He was experienced, and made our trip very comfortable. The hotel was perfect, and allowed us a great point from which to journey to the surrounding areas. Our guide for the trip was Nadia, an intelligent local young lady who was proud to share with us the sights and culture of Peru. Nadia told us stories about the sites we visited, and helped us understand the local people. The team at Machu Travel had planned for us to spend an afternoon with a local family. I have to say that this was a unique experience which gave my children a lot of insight as to how people live and work the land in this part of the world. We dressed in traditional clothes, and helped dig out potatoes in the fields, and the ladies of the house gave us a lesson on how to process the alpaca wool. The kids had a blast.

We then moved on to Aguas Calientes and Machu Pichu were again Nadia showed us the local sights. Machu Pichu was incredible, and Nadia took us to the best spots in the sacred city. The hotel was an eco hotel, and I have to say that I've never seen so many hummingbirds in one place. We then moved to Cusco for the end of our trip and Joel and Nadia were there to guide us in the city. They showed us around so we could see the majestic views from the Inka ruins, and spent time with us in the beautiful cathedral giving us the inside story to many of the works in the cathedral. I have to say that Machu Travel exceeded all of my expectations. They helped me plan a unique vacation with my family. All of our arrangements were perfect, and we and felt safe while traveling in this great country. I recommend them hands down. Ask for Nadia and Joel. They are wonderful local people who were happy to share their country with us, and by the end of the trip they felt like an old friend showing us around town.

Kansas City, Kansas
“We had a really good time in Peru.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

A good travel company picks you up at the airport, hands you an itinerary, and sends you on your way. A great travel company pays attention to details: Is there Wi-Fi in your hotel room? Do you have good seats on your bus, train and plane? Do you know how much to tip and when? Have you brought the right clothes? Are the hotels better than the five-stars advertised? Can your guides actually speak English? And does someone actually answer the phone if there is a problem with your schedule?
Machu Travel Peru does a great job during the whole traveling experience, from the personal phone calls when initially planning your trip to the final follow-up when you return home, wanting to make sure that you had the best experience possible. I?ve used several travel companies over the years. Machu Travel Peru is one of the best. You won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2014