“Simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Intense Peru - Day Tours

Intense Peru - Day Tours
Urb. Magisterial A-3 Humberto Vidal Unda Dpto. 601 | Magisterial 2da Etapa, Cusco, Peru
+51 994 008 833
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 383 Tours & Activities in Cusco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Intense Peru is an online travel agency and tour operator with a vast experience designing – especially for you – the most unforgettable trips to Peru. Our highly qualified personnel will offer you an original and exclusive travel experience in a country full of traditions and richness. We will share with you the incredible experience of visiting Peru!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
North Carolina
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We looked at many different tour operators for this trip. We went back and forth, but finally settled on Intense Peru. Wow, we are glad we did!

Intense Peru arranged our tours, transfers, and transportation during our recent trip to Peru. We had nothing but a wonderful experience working with them. I was initially impressed with how quickly Luis and Sofia would respond to my questions. When I wanted to talk further, I could easily Skype them to discuss. They prepared a clean, organized proposal and booking itinerary. Their prices were very competitive.

Once in Peru, we were pleasantly surprised with the quality and attentiveness of our guides. Our absolute favorite was Jimmy for the Cusco/Sacred Valley tours. In addition to being a knowledgeable and passionate guide, he showed himself to be an extremely caring person when I became ill during one of the tours. He went out of his way to ensure I was safe and comfortable throughout the trip.

When issues or questions arose in Peru, we felt that we could easily reach out to Intense Peru for assistance or guidance.

**Side note: Be careful! I had not previously noticed this on Trip Advisor, but when we were looking for Peru tour operators, there seemed to be several that had been "spammed" to the top of the list. Be sure to read the reviews to make sure they sound legitimate! Intense Peru is one of the legitimate operators.**

Visited June 2014
IntensePeru07, Owner at Intense Peru - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear John,

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

I am glad to hear it all worked out as you and your wife expected. Jimmy is one of our best tour guides; I will share your review with him.

Best wishes,

New York City, New York
“Attentive Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We meant to congratulate Intense Peru on the excellent service provided for our trip to Peru. We had a group of four people to visit Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Islands of Lake Titicaca and Lima for 11 days / 10 nights. Overall, We felt very grateful to have the wonderful experience. Besides the weather turned out to be what we had hoped for, we were very pleased with the private tour guides that Intense Peru arranged for us.

Particularly, I’d like to point out that Luis Serrano in the office did a very good job to make attentive arrangements according to our needs. I would say Holger and Javier in the field made a very good team to show us around in and out of the Sacred Valley and Cusco area. In the site of Machu Picchu, Holger reassured us and led us through a better route (which helped me feel less anxious due to a phobia about the height). Also, Sonia showed her professional manner and gave us a vivid introduction of Lima. It was a short city tour but very colorful and memorable.

Keep up the good work!

Visited May 2014
IntensePeru07, Propietario at Intense Peru - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Juliet,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I am happy to hear that your uncle, wife, you and your husband enjoyed your trip to Peru in private service. Javier is one of the best driver in Cusco and Holger and Sonia are one of our best tour guides in Cusco and Lima, respectivaely. I am glad they were available to assist you.

We hope to assist more of your referrals with their travel needs in Peru and Bolivia in the future!

My most since wishes to you and you uncle,

New York City, New York
“Not the sort of tour I was expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Intense Peru was an interesting company to work with. To begin with, I will say that the customer service was excellent. Our customer service representative, Luis, was very helpful. He answered numerous questions in detail and very promptly and helped us with the organization of the tour. When we had trouble during our tour due to poor weather conditions, they were very helpful in talking to us about it and refunding our payment for that activity. But that's where the positive aspects of Intense Peru ended.

We were emailed an itinerary and given instructions to do certain things, but the whole planning of the itinerary was inherently flawed. The timings of bus rides and activities were either too spread out or too close together, which led to us having nothing to do for 5-6 hours in a day, or having less than 30 minutes to get from place to the other. Additionally, when organizing a tour, the least they could do is organize transport from one location to the other - but no, we were required to "transfer on your own" from point A to point B which was just a pain. When I am paying a significant sum of money for a tour, I expect it to be organized in a way which requires me to just land up at the place and not worry about finding cabs, looking for bus tickets, worrying about missing activities or anything else.

Visited May 2014
IntensePeru07, Propietario at Intense Peru - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Sidharth,

Thank you for your feedback. However, It is very important that other travelers become aware of the following aspects of your trip:

1. Luis (Travel Advisor) sent your travel companion on Apr-01 at 7:16PM the first email with 2 quotes where he indicates “Please find attached our best indicative quote and recommendation for your trip itinerary to Paracas / Nazca. You can also take the private transportation service instead of the buses but due to you are only 2 people it will be more expensive.” And you or your travel companion never requested to see how much it was; therefore, we concluded you were not interested in this upgrade. Private transportation always improves your travel experience in terms of time flexibility and quality of transportation.
2. Since his email sent on Apr-01, both quotes detailed the times of commercial buses, that transfers between bus station and hotel in Paracas were not included, and the things to do in every place, considering the limited bus services offered by the one bus company we would only offer in that area (see reasons on next item).
3. Cruz del Sur is one of the 2 best companies of commercial bus transportation in the country, and Cruz del Sur has more options of bus services than Oltursa. Unfortunately, we have no control when buses are delayed.
4. We do not work with buggie ride operators in the Huacachina Area because there were accidents in the past that caused the lives of a few travelers. Also, I personally experienced both areas (Ica and Paracas) and I prefer the buggie ride overlooking the Paracas Bay area and the quality of that operator.
5. We carefully analyze the buses’ departure and arrival times to design the itinerary sent; therefore, the information sent was based on our best recommendation considering the limited bus services available at the time of booking. You did not visit a Pisco or Wine Hacienda which would have fulfilled your time in the Ica area.
6. Luis received your companion’s green light to start making the corresponding reservations provided in his last quote sent on Apr-21 at 9:51AM on the understanding that you agreed what we were offering; this is, we were not including taxis or transfers from the bus stations to your hotel in each destination because of lack of good vendors.
7. I talked to the operators of buggie ride and the Nazca Lines Overflight and both activities took place as scheduled.
8. Finally, I was personally on top of things that weekend to make your trip to the Ica Region run as smoothly as possible.

Best wishes,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I used Intense Peru for a group trip for nine people to Machu Picchu and the Amazon. We chose Intense Peru because of the competitive price and the quality of the lodgings. We also liked that it was a locally owned company with headquarters in Peru. Overall, our group had a great experience, and we were really pleased with the service we received from the company.

The best parts of the trip were our two guides: Luis at Refugio Amazonas and Jimmy for Cusco and Machu Picchu. Both guides were fluent in English and incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and kind. Their enthusiasm and interest in the area was contagious.

Also, the hotels the tour company picked were really beautiful. When one of the hotels on the itinerary was not available, the company gave us a free upgrade at another hotel.

Everything was so great that we wish we had more time, and we're already talking about what we'd want to do next time! I'd recommend Intense Peru to anyone I know who's coming to Peru.

Dear Ramona,

Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience with other travelers!

I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Peru. The travel quality is higher in private service; therefore and considering the size of your group, we decided to offer you a trip in the Cusco area in private service than in shared/group service as the price is the same with us.

You can always come back to Peru and Bolivia to visit Paracas & Nazca Lines, Arequipa & Colca Canyon, Puno & Lake Ticaca, Sun Island in the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca, La Paz & the Moon Valley and Uyuni Salt Flats.

We look forward to assisting you again and/or any of your referrals.

Best regards,

Arlington, Virginia
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Intense Peru was a great company to work with. They booked us a 3 day stay in Cuzco which included a Cuzco city tour, Sacred Valley tour and Machu Picchu. They also took care of all hotel accommodations, flights, hotel to airport transfers and every single tour (in English!). Every tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and super friendly. Since Intense Peru took care of every single detail, we were able to just enjoy our stay and not have to worry about a thing! Thank you for all the help and making this an unforgettable trip!

Visited May 2014
IntensePeru07, Propietario at Intense Peru - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Nataliya,

Thank you very much for your support in sharing your travel experience with other travelers around the globe!

I am glad to know the Intense Peru Team contributed to a memorable trip to Peru. I hope to assist you again in the future as Peru has a lot to offer such as Paracas & Nazca Lines, Arequipa & Colca Canyon, Puno & Lake Titicaca, jungle program. And we are now offering Bolivia (Sun Island & Lake Titicaca, La Paz & Moon Valley and Uyuni Salt Flats).

Kind regards,