This is a boutique place with heaps of character. We loved the little courtyard and open fire off reception for sitting in front of on our return after dinner. It was handy having coca and mint tea at reception and the staff were friendly and helpful
We booked a superior double room which was very spacious and quiet; 203 upstairs on our first stay and 101 on the ground floor for our second stay. The bathroom had lovely toiletries but the plug didn't work in the first room and the shower did not drain away properly in the second. We needed help with the safe in the first room due to outdated instructions and gave up on the TV in the second. The sockets and brackets were loose. We found we had just enough bedding for the temperature, it would have been insufficient if the weather was colder.
Breakfast was good for a hotel of this size, decent coffee, cereals, fresh fruit and juices and a few cooked items.
The location is perfect - a 10 minute stroll to the main plaza and shopping area. There is also a Laundromat across the road.
There was a general strike on the day we were leaving and the receptionist was very helpful getting us a taxi to take us to the airport before the roads were blockaded.
Despite the quibbles this is a great place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi Hotel
- Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi Hotel Cusco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Cusco is located in what used to be an elegant colonial residence.Throughout the hotel you’ll find a charming contrast between this imperial city’s rich history and modern convenience and comfort. Our spacious rooms are an invitation to rest, offering the ideal place to refuel and start a new day of exploration and discovery. As was characteristic in large colonial residences, our hotel has two interior patios where our guests can relax during a sunny afternoon or enjoy a soft breeze at the end of the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.