My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, and returned a day later for another night.
From the moment we arrived at this hotel, we felt completely at home.
We were checked in very quickly, and shown to our rooms, where we stayed for the rest of the afternoon due to the altitude. There is always a never-ending supply of coca tea in reception to help alleviate the effects of altitude sickness, and one member of staff even made up a large flask for us to take to our room.
The rooms were great, with a massive king size bed, exposed brick wall, great shower, great toiletries and 2 free bottles of water (replenished daily).
Most of the rooms are located around a two small courtyards, which has a couple of tables and chairs set up, perfect for a cigarette.
Breakfast was supplied every morning, consisting of fresh bread rolls, ham, cheese, eggs, bacon, spinach pie (you have to try it, its lovely), with numerous other items, and cake, all made fresh, and all tasted lovely.
The staff at the Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi were amazing, everyone was extremely polite, and when one of our group discovered their TV wasn't working, it was replaced 20 minutes later. WiFi is also included, but there are some black spots where the signal drops,
We checked out for a night to go to Macchu Picchu, and the hotel kept our main luggage for us. Approaching the hotel in the taxi one night later, we all thought that we had come back home and when we got to reception all our paperwork had already been filled in by reception, all we had to do was sign it, and our bags were already in our rooms - absolute impeccable service.
The hotel is located around a 10 minute, very slow stroll to the Plaza de Armas, where most of the restaurants are located, but far enough so the noise doesn't affect your sleep.
If I were to return to Cusco, and I will, the Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi is the only place that I would stay!!
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi Hotel
- Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi Hotel Cusco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Cusco is located in what used to be an elegant colonial residence.Throughout the hotel you’ll find a charming contrast between this imperial city’s rich history and modern convenience and comfort. Our spacious rooms are an invitation to rest, offering the ideal place to refuel and start a new day of exploration and discovery. As was characteristic in large colonial residences, our hotel has two interior patios where our guests can relax during a sunny afternoon or enjoy a soft breeze at the end of the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tierra Viva Cusco Saphi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.