Nowadays, that I'm a travelholic I always take in consideration T.A. reviews to have a better idea of what expect in an accomodation. I check good and bad reviews out as well pictures.
That's precisely what I did when we decided to visit Machu-Pichu and being Cuzco the base to perform such visit, I looked for a real Peruvian hotel and to be really honest we were VERY happy with our choise!!!.
I tried this property because I liked at first two main points: LOCATION & PRICE.
Location: you're close to EVERYTHING while in Cuzco despite It's not a very large city, but having main attractions just meters away helps you to use your sightseeing time even better!. Just keep in mind that hotel is located around 40 meters from main square in a little street (sweden street) that goes up little bit, so walking to come and go from the hotel could be a little tired. To us it worked perfectly OK becuase we want it to do some excersice when sightseeing.
Price: we paid $100 USD (no tax for foreigners, just save the entry paper when arriving to Peru) for a very nice accomodation including breakfast. It might not be neiter cheap nor expensive, but I felt really confortable for what we got.
Then, eventhough you read it and imagine it, you HAVE TO FEEL IT... to believe it. What I'm talking about? SERVICE!!!!. Its amazing the level of service of this hotel... I think in general Peruvians are such a nice people, but in this hotel we felt CARED of every detail we looked for & asked to. Hotel offers free transfer to or from the Airport (just one way - you choose) and since we got to Cusco airport, there was a nice gentleman waiting for us (party of two) with a sign with my name. He drove us and gave us hightlights of the city.
When we got to the hotel, we were greeted very warm by a nice recepcionist guy (I totally forgot his name but He's in one of the pictures I loaded) and since that moment we both felt as part of the family. He explained to us about feeling bad because of the hight (3,300 meters above the sea level) and gave us usefuel tips, from eating to trying to rest earlier. He also mentioned If we got sick oxygen would be provided to feel better.... fortunately we did not use because our 1st day in Cusco was really relax to avoid it. All staff was very helpful and care about you.
We spent 3 nights there and everyday was nice. There is WIFI for free all over the hotel and connection is strenght enough all the time. Ammenities of the bathroom were lovely. It's called "Andina aromaterapia" and lotion, shampoo and soup smelled LOVELY!!!. They provide free computers to print your boarding passes, umbrellas (you never know in Cusco!) tips for dinning, main turistic attractions and places for shopping.
They also arrange our taxi (really cheap) to get us back to the airport and help us with our lugagge.
In general I did not find any down point in our stay and that's the reason I highly recommend to you give it a try and feel it by yourself...
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza Hotel
- Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza Hotel Cusco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza owes its name to the nearby “Plaza de Armas” of Cuzco. It is located only 15 meters from the square via a cobblestone street which separates downtown from the beautiful colonial house in which this stunning hotel is located.Steeped in history, this colonial house once served as home to the family of the Spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro.This beautiful historic building has 20 comfortable rooms and a rest area consisting of a dream patio with wood veneers, illuminated by a beautiful dome that captures the most beautiful sunrises of Cuzco offering magical nights of relaxation.Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza offers a place to rest, and is the ideal place to start and recover from the wonders of a day exploring the magical city of Cusco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.