“Great location and rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 147 Hotels in Cusco
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location and rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed in the deluxe queen bedroom and the suite and it was both great except for the room 401 because it could a little loud since its in the same floor as the reception area. But fantastic service, when we need medical atttention they assisted us promptly. Very sumptous buffet breakfast! The carrot bread was to die for. We stayed there for 5 days. They even let us check out for a later time. Thank you again!

Room Tip: suite and just not room 401!everything else should be fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Visit didn't start or end well. We had organised a free transfer from the bus station to the hotel on arrival. Arrived after 12 hours on the bus overnight, tired and a bit grumpy to find noone there. Since bus arrived a little early, we waited and gave them the benefit of the doubt. At the point there was only 1 taxi left, our only other option, I called the hotel and was told they didn't have a transfer booked, I should pay for the taxi myself and they would give me a free transfer on my leaving the hotel. Once I arrived at the hotel I could see from the booking that they did have my transfer booked and asked what had gone wrong. At this point I was lied to a second time and told that a car was there if a bit late and I had not seen them. At this point I asked to speak to the manager who got on the phone as it was 7am, apologised profusely and offered a free breakfast. Made the point the most upsetting part was the lying rather than the failure in pick up.

Hotel itself is definitely well located only a short minute walk to the main plaza. There is a business centre of 3 computers and a rare printer to use as much as you want. The rooms are ok. Breakfast is ok, although there is generally only one member of staff who is stretched to refill, clear tables and wash dishes so it can take too long for refills.

Our first room was on the ground floor with a window onto a courtyard which meant we couldn't open it so it was stuffy. We were next to a fountain which was turned on at 7.15am each morning, was very loud and woke me up. Unnecessary and annoying.

We went off to the Sacred Valley and returned to Cusco and the hotel (pre booked unfortunately) and were met with 4 completely different members of staff who fussed over us and offered a choice of 3 different rooms. I wondered if I had been too harsh as they were clearly now trying to make up for things. I chose a room where I could open the window and found it much better.

Unfortunately all this hard work was ruined on our departure. Checking out early in the morning I was met at the reception desk by the 2 members of staff who had checked us in and lied on the first arrival. All seemed OK and was given a free transfer to the bus station. However during the transfer the hotel (the porter specifically) called the driver asking to speak to me and accused me of stealing the alpaca blanket from the room. I had in fact, as you usually do, just folded it and put it away somewhere (I don't remember where but there weren't many places to put things so think it went in the wardrobe). I told them I hadn't taken anything and it was in the room. Conversation worsened from there as they just kept repeating it wasn't there. I trust from the fact I haven't heard anything since that it was found in the room, shame I wasn't sent an apology.

Overall with the exception of Elias (who organised faultless a taxi back from Sacred Valley), it was a really unpleasant experience. Being lied to and accused of stealing is not just poor service, it is terrible and still upsets me now to think about it. Stay somewhere else, there are lots of hotels in Cusco.

Room Tip: If you do go (I don't recommend it), choose a room away from the fountains and where you can ope...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear JZKTA,

I cannot explain how sorry we are for the unpleasant experience that you had during your stay at Tierra Viva.

What you have written in your comment is unacceptable and I can assure you that is not our standard of service and that it will not happen again.

It is the first time that something like that happened to us and we strongly apologize for that.

I personally sent you an email on the 18th of November apologizing for what has happened, but apparently you have not received it.

Once again, we strongly apologize and we hope that you can give us the opportunity of serving you again in the future and show you the excellent service that Tierra Viva always give to its travelers.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We chose this hotel primarily for it's location (near Plaza de Armas).
We had a pleasant stay overall. The breakfast was decent and they provided a free taxi to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would note that the hotel is near a few dance clubs on Plaza de Armas. On our way back to the hotel at night we we're bombarded with flyers and aggressive requests to come check out the clubs. Pretty annoying, but nothing serious.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Pete R,

Thank you for your excellent comment and we hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

desktop
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and we wished we could have stayed longer if they would have had place for us. The place is cozy, decorated with excellent taste in the common areas, and the rooms, comfortable, clean and above all suprb service 24 hrs. The location is perfect, the buffet breakfast rich and tasty and the settings in all the floors was perfect. With no hesitation and much enthusiasm we ecomemnd this place. Yoav and Braha from Jerusalem

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TriptoSa,

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel and for having at Tierra Viva.

It is a great pleasure for us that you enjoyed that much your stay at Tierra Viva.

We hope to have you again with us very soon.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hotel is very well located just a few blocks away from Plaza de Armas. It is new and nicely decorated with very nice room and bathroom. The staff is very friendly and helpful. All in all we really enjoyed our stay here before and after the inca trail. Our only concern is that there is a quite noisy discoteque nearby, so you can hear some noise in the room late at night.

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed one night here on our way to Aguas Calientes. The whole experience was very professional and friendly from booking to checkout. Our airport pickup was included in our extremely reasonable room rate and so was our breakfast. The hotel itself was modern and clean and had a charming open space downstairs with a fireplace giving the place a cozy feel. There are two Tierra Viva hotels in Cuzco...definitely stay at the one just off Cusco Plaza.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TierraViva01, Director General at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Jsun79,

Thank for your excellent comment and for recommending our hotel to all the travelers.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The rooms are small, but quite and very nice. I had a very comfortable bed and good strong shower. Perfect after long hikes through the ruins or the city. It is a stones throw from the Plaza which is a real treat. Great sights, tours and restaurants all in walking distance. Nice breakfast and beautiful area to sit and eat. The staff was super. They helped me book a driver to tour the ruins all day at a very reasonable price. The building is a historic, old colonial house. Very well designed and maintained. I did find myself wishing the hotel had some kind of restaurant or bar in the evenings. I had a very pleasant stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear TravelandCoffe,

Thank for your excellent comment and for having stayed with us.

We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again, at Tierra Viva, very soon.

Tierra Viva Hotels

Been to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza? Share your experiences!