“The BEST customer service I've ever experienced in my RTW trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 386 Tours & Activities in Cusco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: South Adventure Peru ToursOur travel agency ,based in Cusco, established in 2006 by Peruvian partnership with the aim of providing tourists with an unforgettable service using native knowledge and local people. Our Company of South Adventure Peru Tour operator located in the heart of Cusco, the historic capital of the Inca Empire. Over the years we have built up a professional team of guides, cooks, porters and horsemen as well as excellent camping equipment. You’ll find that trekking with a guide who knows and loves the country will help educate you about Peru’s amazing history and culture, providing you with an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Our company emphasis is on providing a personal service and ensuring that everyone in the group returns satisfied.
“The BEST customer service I've ever experienced in my RTW trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015

CLIENT'S INTEREST ALWAYS FIRST!! They make you feel so important from the moment you walk into their office till the moment you end the tour. In my years of travels and engaging tour operators, they are the only one who makes me feel pampered as a traveller.

PROS: They go all out to ensure you are comfortable. All necessary information and instructions were given in a detailed briefing the day before I departed for Sacred Valley + Machu Picchu. Despite of a small hiccup in the morning of the Machu Picchu tour, they were available at 5am to quickly rectify the issue and ensured I know what to expect and do via a courtesy call. Their lunches are all above average vs the rest of the tour groups I've met. The accommodation they arranged, Eco Machu Picchu Pueblo, was most excellent and had a really good night rest before my MP hike. MOST IMPRESSIVE of all, Rueben, Issac and their team decided to "make it up to me" as a result of the small hiccup (which I don't think is really their fault), they offered to send me to the airport at their own expense.

CONS: Cant really think of one. They made my Cusco experience too good to even fathom a negative side to date.

Fellow travellers, I've searched hard through Tripadvisor for a good tour agency to ensure my MP experience was wonderful, and South Adventure made it a 6-Star experience for me. Save the time and book them today!

“Very prompt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

I was very happy with the timely responses from Ruben and his team from the beginning of the planning stages and throughout the 2 week tour. We traveled from Lima to Cusco, through the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, to Lake Titicaca, and onto a jungle tour out of Puerto Maldonado. Our guide out of Cusco, Vigilio, was very knowledgable and helpful. All our transfers were taken care of, we never had to wait for a ride. It was a comfort to arrive in Cusco (we came into the city 3 times) and have Issac waiting for us, it felt like coming home. It was a fascinating trip.

Hong Kong, China
57 attraction reviews
“I have a Safe and Happy Solo 7D6N Tour in Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

I left my home town alone for 11 days for Peru during Easter holiday and had a 7D6N tour with this company for Cusco, Sacred Vally, Machu Picchu, Puno etc. These are the LIKES:

(1) I started to search online and choose the local tour agency only 1.5 month in advance. I was firstly rejected by another agency for they do not accept solo customer. Another agency gave no response. I then approached this South Adventure Peru Tours which accepted me. I was so happy and immediately fixed my choice.

(2) Emails with Ruben (the boss) or their team are efficient as their responses are prompt (though due to 13 hrs difference, I always crawled out of my bed at midnight to respond to their feedback or make further queries)

(3) After confirming my tour with them, I said I was however unable to make the deposit payment immediately as I would be out of town for a couple of days. I could only pay the deposit after I returned to my home town but I asked them to start the arrangement and booking forthwith. As I was given to understand and I do believe, this agency did start to arrange the tour/make booking for me BEFORE I paid anything!! This is amazing to me in this practical commerical world! I am grateful and appreciate so much their trust on me who is an untraceable stranger!!

(4) After I paid the deposit and they had arranged everything for me, I asked them to change the date of the tour due to an unexpected re-scheduling in my work. They again responded quickly and I confirmed the revised price and new itinerary quickly and everything was re-booked quickly.

(5) During the tour, I sometimes had a one-to-one private guide and was with group for most of the time. This agency showed care to me and after each "subcontracted" tour their staff asked me (by telephone calls to hotel room or in person) how the tour was in order to make sure I felt good of everything.

(6) To me, the price is good and the hotels, vehicles arranged are decent at ok and safe location.

These are the IMPERFECTIONS:

(A) The subcontracted guide and agency at Machu Picchu ("MP") is no good. Things are messy. In the evening before the visit at MP, a guide ("Guide No.1") had a brief meeting with me at my hotel lobby in Aguas Calientes. My schedule should be taking the first 5:30am bus to MP but he said he would meet me at the bus stop at 7am. So, obviously this Guide No.1 was not the right person for my time slot. He said I could still take the 5:30am bus, entered into MP first on my own and then came out to meet him at 7:30am outside the MP entrance as the MP ticket is multi-entry. I found this suggestion silly and upon my request, Guide No.1 called up his colleague for help and I was then transferred to Guide No.2. On the next day, as agreed, I took the 5:30am bus to MP on my own and met Guide No.2 at 6:30am outside MP entrance. When I approached Guide No.2 and introduced myself, Guide No.2 was indifferent and not welcoming. My name was not on his guest list and he appeared not knowing my being transfer to his group. When I asked him if he knew my transfer, he answered "maybe" in a frivolous manner. Anyway, after half an hour of waiting outside the MP entrance without clear direction from Guide No. 2, I was again transferred to another group with solely English speaking guests guided by Guide No. 3. As usual, MP was full of tourists. At one point, a few guests (about 6) of my group and I who were following at the rear got lost as Guide No.3 with others had entered into a terrace, couldn't see from the stair juncture. Luckily we finally found them out.

Overall, I had a very good time in Peru and still highly recommend this South Adventure Peru Tours. When they were told by me about the Machu Picchu experience, they showed sincere apology and surprise as they said this's the first time bad comment as such. I believe and I hope this is just a separate incident.

sydney
9 attraction reviews
“SUperb personalized attention made all the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

Ruben and Tatiana run a very good operation. They gave us superb personalized attention and cared for our experience the whole way. Jorge (Coco) was our guide for the 2 day Sacred Valley tour. He is very knowledgeable and made a big difference in us understanding and enjoying all the places we visited. Ruben and Tatiana even drove us to the airport 2 days later which he did not have to. Definitely a great was to have appositive experience in this wonderful part of the world

Twin Cities
11 attraction reviews
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

This company is family owned. We sent them (via email) our proposed itinerary, they sent us some suggestions for changes. When it was all decided, they made everything happen. They made the arrangements for the transportation (other than air), hotels, transfers, and guides. Our guides were helpful, knowledgeable, and interesting. We got much more out of our experience than we would have on our own.
We visited Macchu Pichu, Cusco, Lake Titticacca, and the Nasca lines. It would have taken a lot of time to make the arrangements, and I'm sure we wouldn't have chosen as well. They had a good price, and the money spent was well worth it.