“Very helpful and well organized” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Av Infancia 548, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #28 of 275 Cusco B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pleasanton
“Very helpful and well organized”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Mercedes, succeeded to organize complex and intense itinerary for us in Cusco and Machu Picchu. She (drivers she provided us with) were always in time as we agreed. Driver was very careful, thoughtful and always showed places to make great pictures. Mercedes were very helpful in describing where is better to go for shopping or sight seeing. Apartment was clean. They also serve simple but delicious breakfast. I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Mercedes was very helpful with the barrage of questions I had asked before arriving. Immediately after reaching, we were served a nice hot cup of coca tea. All the arrangements for transportation were taken care of nicely. The room was spacious and had continuous hot water. Breakfast was tasty too. All in all, Mercedes and her staff provided a very personal touch to our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Beroun, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Clean, tidy rooms ( we stayed in 3diffrent rooms), but the shower didnt work well too cold or too hot. Breakfast basic, but fine. I really appriciate the attitude of the staff - friendly, helpful and when we were stucked on road it was no problem rang the bell at 2am and they let us in. Well situated. good WIFI

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are a family of 8 and we all loved this place. We had 3 rooms for 2 nights then kept one room for 25 dollars while we were away in Machu Picchu, then came back to 2 rooms. Hot water not reliable but breakfast fine, rooms clean and comfy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff were incredibly friendly. Our bus arrived at 5.30 in the morning; nonetheless we were let into our room and had breakfast too.

It's very basic, but it's a hostel. And the aforementioned friendliness is so much better than the lack of service I've had in many chain hostels.

Furthermore, I didn't have to pay for luggage storage whilst we went on a 4 day trek.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel has no reception area, it depends on the doorbell to inform the staff who live there to open door for the quests to enter the hotel, and all quests are also been informed at every doorbell ring.

It was hard to get hot shower, no hot water at faucet so I was forced to use cold water to wash hands and brush teeth.

There is no place to hang my clothes, neither bedroom nor bathroom. I placed both my clean clothes and dirty clothes on top of toilet water tank in order to take shower.

Single chair in the room, I have to move my clothes to the bed to sit or move my clothes to the chair to sleep, there was no any hanger to hang my clothes.

The room is surrounded by closed glass windows, no place to open it. No AC in the room so you have to know how to survive during hot summer time.

Poor location and far from major attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. You get all of the value for your money. The hostess is really friendly and makes sure you are comfortable. The room is very clean and the room service never failed. I felt very secure during my stay at Casa de Mama. The hotel is located 25 minutes from the city center by foot but by taxi it will take 5 to 10 minutes to get there, depending on traffic. I personally prefer to walk when I go to a new place in order to get to know the city. Around a quarter of a mile from the hotel there you can reach the Avenida del Sol which will take you directly to the city center passing by many monuments, restaurants, bars, markets, among other attractions. I walked around the city by myself during daytime, nighttime, and very early in the morning (few hours before sunrise). There were always people around and it felt very safe to do so. Cusco is just a very safe city. The hotel is also located close to the Wanchaq station (1/4 mile), which was the station from where my bus departed to Machu Picchu. Overall, I give this hotel the highest rating and would stay there again if I ever returned to Cusco.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Casa de Mama Cusco - 2? Share your experiences!