“Great People, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Pacha Hotel Museo to your Saves list
Pacha Hotel Museo
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Avenida de la Cultura 220, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #57 of 242 Cusco B&B and Inns
“Great People, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I sent an email request to book a room the night before me and my family were to arrive in Cusco and Jose replied immediately with a confirmation.

When we arrived late at night we were greeted by Jose's parents (I think), who were very warm and welcoming.

As we were travelling with a child we were given a matrimonial room (4 beds) and because it was the off season we got the room for $45 USD per night which I thought was fair. The room had hot water and was cleaned daily during our 3-night stay. The wi-fi connection was similar to most places I've stayed at in Peru (i.e. spotty), but downstairs in the lobby was a computer for guests to use that had a solid connection. Breakfast included the standard Peruvian fair of bread, jam, cheese and ham (if requested), coffee, tea, and juice.

Pacha Hotel Museo is about a 15-minute walk to the Plaza de Armas, but along the way you'll find some of the higher-end shops and also handicrafts shops that are more reasonably priced than the handicraft market. Speaking of which, if you walk in the opposite direction, the Central Handicraft Market is about 10 minutes away.

The best aspect of Pacha Hotel Museo is Jose, his family, and the staff (especially Elena and Tony who can help those who speak English), as they are super friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and will also assist you in any way they can.

• Stayed January 2013
Jose_Mellado, Owner at Pacha Hotel Museo, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks a lot for your words, recomendation and for your confidence in us.

Regards to your beautifull family.

Jose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was secure in the fact that you had to ring a doorbell to get in to the place near the town square but after buying a few trinkets that were stolen from my room... Lets just say I wouldn't stay there again. The management wasn't sympathetic ( if not involved).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Jose_Mellado, General Manager at Pacha Hotel Museo, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hello mrhesprich,
I don't understand, Do you await one year to write your complain? Because you write your review on January 2013 but supposedly you stay on February 2012? Is rare because we don´t have complains on February 2012.
Please could you write your full name, and when was your check in?.
I await your answer.
I´m the manager and I ever stay in the hotel. My priority is to avoid problems and if there are any, fix it immediately.
JOSE MELLADO
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've stayed her for 3 days in a row. Staffs were super friendly. I highly recommend it!
The hotel was closely located to the plaza. I stayed at the 3rd floor of hotel and room were clean. However, it was a bit hard to catch internet at the room. Other than that, I was satisfied staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank a lot for your recomendation.

Regards
Jose Mellado
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The staff here are very helpful. We stayed for a week and by the end they felt like family.

I was initially a little unhappy with the hotel as it has seen better (and in parts cleaner) days, but the service won me over.

We had a large room with a warm carpet and a very comfortable bed. There was a satellite TV in the room and although we could not initially get the wi-fi working, we did in the end. The location is out of the way, but fine and safe. I actually preferred being located here to being in some of the more touristy areas, as there were less touts and it gives you a break from full on Cusco.

They gave a friendly welcome; helped with queries; asked after our well being; supported us with cab fares and drivers; and did not mind what we needed. This was nice.

I think if you come knowing what to expect then it will be fine - it is not a flashy hotel and they do need to get a new cleaner, but these are good people who will look after you.

Room Tip: Higher up have carpets which keeps you warmer. They are also further away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks a lot for your review.

Regards,

José Mellado
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very first moment was not ideal: our reservation from 7 months could not be found in the system. But since I have a print out copy, it was honored. We got a second room floor and the floor was wood parquet. Very spacious. Clean.

Hotel is not exactly walking distance from Plaza Armas but since Cusco is compact, taxi is no problem at 4 soles.

Staff were very courteous. Highly recommended. Will go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for you recomendation and your nice words.

Regards.

Jose Mellado
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Pacha Hotel Museo for 3 nights, made our way to Machu Picchu for 2 nights, and a final night back in Cusco (Hotel Pachan) before leaving for Lima. This is a family owned hotel, currently being run by Jose (son of the founder). We sent out our request for room bookings really late and Jose’s responses were very fast.

As we did not really plan our trip, we told him that we were flying in to Lima (from Buenos Aires), and would simply get the next flight out to Cusco by buying air tickets from the airport direct. The hotel currently offers free transport from Cusco airport to the hotel, and we told him via email that we would make our own way to the hotel as we did not know what time our flight from Lima would be. He could have simply agreed to let us make our own way to the hotel, but he wrote back to tell us to call him when we reached Cusco airport so that he could pick us up (the airport is about 15 min away). We were very impressed with his service and promptness! Note: we had already paid 50% for the hotel, so he knew that we were definitely coming, and there was no real need for him to 'insist' on picking us up from the airport.

Many of our decisions on tours were organised last minute (1 - 2 days before). Jose and his staff always came through for us. He even assisted with getting our tour passes and changing our USD to Soles - by walking us to where we could get these transactions done.

When we asked him for recommendations on food, he also came though! We asked for a place where *locals* ate at, (we did NOT want a touristy place)... and he recommended La Cusquenita Tradicional Pikanteria - a must eat-at place! See my review on this.

Stayed Sept 2012, traveled with a friend.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor has carpeting - great during winter. The 2nd floor has lovely wooden flooring - probab...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jose_Mellado, Owner at Pacha Hotel Museo, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Hello Shoba Chandran

Thanks for your nice words, You tell me you will return to Cusco in two years. Ok I await 2 or 3 years and I breed some guinea pigs (cuy) and chickens to will cook with you.

Bye
Saigon, null, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was travelling with a friend and we stayed here for overall 3 nights.

We flew into Cusco from Lima. We wanted to visit Manchu Pichuu (MP) as the main highlight of our trip in Peru. However, our schedule was very tight and we didn't really plan our trip to MP well in advance. Just a few days before we arrive in Cusco, we wrote to Jose to ask about the accomodation and also sought his help to buy our train tickets and the entrance tickets to MP. He responded to our flurry of questions promptly all within a day with a detail breakdown of the actual prices of the hotel room, train and entrance tickets and the nominal service charge (to buy entrance and train tickets to MP). We were more than happy as it saved us from all the hassle to sort out the travel arrangements to MP.

The hotel is very close to main part of the town. The room we stayed in is comfortable and clean. For us, more importantly, it has a reliable hot shower. During our stay, the room can be a little cold at night but the portable heater were brought into our room very quickly upon our request. The hotel doesn't have elevators/lifts but the staff were always there to help us out with the heavy luggage. Jose and his staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall, we have a very pleasant stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Soh Wee Keong

Thanks a lot for your recommendation and one day I will visit your country and ate exotic food, like you ate "cuy al horno" in Cusqueñita Pikanteria (restaurant).

Been to Pacha Hotel Museo? Share your experiences!