“Very good hotel with professional service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #20 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
London, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel with professional service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 days only but can feel the passion and quality of service of hotel. All staffs are nice and professional. They consider every detail for you so you don't really need to worry about anything after the tired tour of Machu Picchu.

It is located in San Blas with walking distance, around 5-10 minutes. But we feel a bit tired because of high attitude and it is uphill when you come back from the main plaza, but still acceptable. You can take taxi as well.

We had a room with balcony with good view of Cusco. Since it was winter time in Peru so was a bit cold and temperature was down to nearly 0 degree at night. No central heating (I guess heating is a luxury in Peru since the hotel we stayed in Lima only has A/C as well) but hotel provided portable heater. Although still bit cold for my wife but good enough.

Only one thing is that the room we stayed had some blocking issue in the toilet that the water pressure seems too low so the toilet wasn't fully functioning. It was kind of inconvenient and even though the staff tried thier best but still not fully resolved. Maybe the management can look at this issue.

In general it is a good choice in Cusco as the neighborhood area is quiet and overall facilities are nice. The value of the hotel is absolutely excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I cannot say enough
good things about this hotel. We stayed five nights and were so sorry to leave. The staff are really professional and nothing is too much trouble. For example, we broke our stay to go to Machu
Picchu overnight. When we got back, our room was waiting for us with our bags already there and everything perfect. They arranged taxis, stored our valuables and did our laundry for us. Breakfast is gorgeous - fresh juice, breads and fruits in the lovely lobby. The rooms are spotless, very modern, great bathrooms and comfortable
beds. And free wi-fi! This place is a gem. I wish I could live there!

• Stayed August 2010
FL, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed at the Encantada for 3 nights before and 1 night after our trek. The staff at this hotel is absolutely the most helpful and friendly staff that you can imagine, a terrific place to stay in Cusco.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights with another couple prior to our Macchu Picchu excursion. Left most of our luggage there and then returned for 2 more nights. Located on a quiet street and within walking distance of everything. Also, close to the Inca Ruins...within walking distance!T he staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The lobby is open and airy and you can enjoy the fireplace in the evening. The owners have a 5 Star Restaurant at 2 Star prices. I strongly recommend eating there at least one night! Also

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Friant, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a total of three nights and hiked the Inca Trail with the hotel's owner, Marco, as guide. Marco and his wife, Nicole, are extremely knowledgeable not only about the city of Cusco itself, but about all the history, traditions, flora, fawna, and hiking trails of Peru.

When we arrived in Cusco, our bags with all our gear didn't arrive with us! Marco was very proactive in helping us acquire the gear we needed locally to make it on the trail. The best part was that Nicole relentlessly tracked down our lost luggage and aranged to have it delivered to us on the trail via mule!

I would highly recommend Encantada as your center in Cusco. It's within walking distance of almost everything and the ambiance brings comfort to the weariest of travellers.

• Stayed June 2010
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

The staff was exceptional in every way, despite some minor issues with our reservation ( it is always difficult to make plans from halfway across the world ) they went above and beyond to solve the problem and make our stay a truly wonderful experience. The location is easy walking distance to downtown plaza - yet far enough away to be quiet. The Hotel itself is truly beautiful, wonderfully decorated and maintained, a classic boutique hotel. I really want to say again how great we were treated by everyone on the staff - it was an exceptional experience and we truly appreciated all they did to make our stay a perfect one.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This hotel was chosen for us by Llama Path who planned our entire Peru itinerary. The staff were incredible!!! I ended up getting VERY sick while I was in Cusco and they helped my husband to a pharmacy and told him what types of fluids to get for me. My family ended up having to do the Inca Trail with Llama Path and leaving their sick mom behind. The staff promised my husband they would look after me, and they did! I will never forget them or their caring mannerisms. The hotel is located up a little hill over looking the town, which is beautiful at night. The breakfast is wonderful, and there is always tea and coffee available. We also were able to get our clothes washed and I've never had such perfectly folded clothes in all my life!
As soon as I walked into the hotel I just "felt comfortable". I can't praise them enough. and I'm so glad that if I was to get ill anywhere, it was there and in the most comfortable bed and duvet we had the entire trip!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Encantada Casa Botique Spa? Share your experiences!