“Probably better options in Cusco for the price, though comfortable with good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amerinka Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amerinka Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Amerinka Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marques street Nro 272, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Things didn't get off to the best start here when the transfer from the train station that I had pre-arranged with the hotel didn't show up, then they seemed to have no record of my room booking either when I did finally make it to the hotel. In fairness they gave me a discount off the room rate when I checked out to compensate. The staff were, on the whole, very friendly and helpful, the location was really good, just off the Plaza de Armas, the hotel looked quite plush and my room was warm and comfortable, with an extra heater to fend off those chilly Cusco nights. However a few things about the room weren't great - the rug on the floor was absolutely covered in hair and dirt, which unfortunately transferred into my bed via my feet! I swapped to a different room on my 2nd day and the rug in there was filthy too, so maybe they need a better vacuum cleaner. The rooms had internal facing windows, overlooking the corridor and stairwell, plus a large glass pane above the door with no curtain or blind so the room got really light very early in the morning, which wasn't ideal. In the first room the bathroom had a really bad layout, the toilet and sink were crammed togther in a tiny space so you were pretty much sitting underneath the sink when using the toilet, yet the huge shower could comfortably have fitted about 15 people in it! Very strange. The bathroom in the 2nd room had a better layout. I moved rooms because the TV in the first room didn't work and there was some important sport that I wanted to catch on TV on the 2nd day, but having moving rooms, the TV in the 2nd room didn't work either! The breakfast was ok, though the dining room looked like it was laid out for a huge breakfast buffet, with loads of plates, glasses, hot plates, pancake frying plates, toaster etc, but none had any food on them on either day that I was there, instead I was just brought a couple of small plates of a selection of cold food. I was also offered eggs though unfortunately I don't eat them. From the dining room you looked down a large open stairwell to the ground floor which seemed to be some sort of abandoned shpping centre, with closed up empty shops and equipment lying around. I didn't see any other guests the whole time I was there except for 7am on the Sunday morning when a large group of people who seemed to have just arrived were arguing with a hotel employee about room prices right outside my room. This was very loud and woke me up, going on for some time, which didn't seem particularly thoughtful of the hotel employee who should have moved the discussion away from guests' rooms. So generally I didn't have a great experience here, especially considering the price, though they had a comments book at reception that was full of glowing reviews from other guests, so maybe it was just me....great location though!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We had been staying at the grossest hostel in Cusco and were on the lookout for something affordable, yet clean. The Amerinka was the first place we walked into and upon taking a look at the place, booked right away! The room was on par with your average hotel and only $65/night. Hot water, clean sheets, friendly service, free internet and a decent continental breakfast (fresh squeezed fruit juices, eggs, toast, cheeses, fresh fruit, coffee tea).

We enjoyed our stay so much we booked for our return to Cusco after the Inca Trail. When we set off, they sent us off with a bagged lunch! The staff kindly stored our luggage while we hiked, and when we came back, everyone remembered our names and placed us in a nicer room at no extra cost! Fran (desk staff) and Robinson, the general manager made us feel right at home. When we needed to make a change to a flight, Robinson very kindly called the airline for us as our Spanish is not so good. All in all, very good experience! Nothing fancy, but affordable, clean and welcoming. Will be back our next trip for sure!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days at the end of March 2009 and it was great! Our son and his girlfriend were married in Calca while we were there and the hotel staff was very helpful in accomodating our wedding plans. The breakfast was good, served in a lovely diniing area. It is perfectly located between Plaza San Francisco and Plaza des Armas...close to everything! The staff was willing to do anything necessary to make our stay as good as possible. (hint: ask for a room off the street)

Been to Amerinka Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!