Hello, I stayed recently (October '09) at Casa Cartagena with my whole family for 04 nights and we all had the best possible experience:
The place: It is really gorgeous. It tastefully combines history and a contemporary flare. The "Casa" has an Inca base/structure made out of amazingly sculped stones, colonial structrues built on top of the Inca stones, modern accents and thoughtfully illumination design throughout.
The "patio": It is so relaxing that I am sure you'll love to spend time there. This big central patio has two levels. The top level is a very secluded area with a small water fountain and nice garden. Perfect for some quiet reading. The stairs that take you to the lower level of the patio have two water fountains on the side that resemble the Inca acqueducts. There is a nice garden in the center of this lower patio and it has a small pond with an illuminated big white ball that reminds you that Cusco was deemed to be the world's belly button by the Incas.There are some tables where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner outdoors. My family spent several hours chating there and contemplating the illuminated Christ statue that sits on top of the hill.
The room: I couldn't ask for more comfort. Very spacious. It also keeps a historic architecture (i.e. high ceilings, original colonial ample floorplan, portions of colonial "frescos" that were kept intact) with lots of modern and confortable furniture and illumination. Our bathroom was very modern, spacious and comfortable.
The spa: such a perfect place to relax after a tiring day. It is great. The indoors jacuzzi has an spectacular view to"San Blas" (artisan district).
The food: "La Chola" restaurant at Casa Cartagena pleasantly surprised us everyday with a good combination of Peruvian tastes and modern cuisine.
The servicepersonnel: It was very friendly and trully personalized. The fact that Casa Cartagena has only 15 rooms allows them to offer such level of personalization. They felt us feel "en casa" (at home).
What else can I say... only that the everyone in our party thought that Casa Cartagena was a destination by its own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cartagena CuscoHigh in the Peruvian Andes lies the historic city of Cuzco, famous for its unique blend of Spanish and Incan cultures. Located just off a tranquil square behind the main plaza of Cuzco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa Cusco emerges after years of restoration, which respected the original design of the historic house, to become one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in the city. Its walls of carved stone, which combines warmth, elegance and perfection, invite you to experience the fascinating magic and traditional mysticism that will transport you through time in this historic Spanish house declared a cultural heritage site of Peru.Its lovely atmosphere was built on an ancient Incan site, occupied by the ruling nobility of that time and from which it takes its name: Casa Cartagena, former property of the local Spanish ruler of Cuzco, Don Fernando Cartagena and Santa Cruz.This luxury hotel in Cuzco is an intimate refuge that has only sixteen spacious and comfortable suites, which perfectly blend the modern with the ancestral and luxury with the historical. The rooms are distributed symmetrically along a spacious patio of your dreams where time is suspended. It is located in the historic center of Cuzco, which was declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site.Recovery from an exhausting trip to Machu Picchu or the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our Qoya Spa will be something truly unequalled. It can be perfectly complemented with a delicious dinner in our restaurant which offers the best of local cuisine, "La bodega de la Chola", where poet Pablo Neruda was inspired and Che Guevara shared bohemian nights; it is considered one of the best restaurants in Cuzco.All of these unique features of Casa Cartagena and our warm and personalized service will make your stay in Cuzco an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casa Cartagena And Spa
- Hotel Casa Cartagena Cusco