“I highly recommend Munaycha” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Munaycha

Munaycha
Carretera Pisaq - Ollantaytambo Huaran - Calca - Valle Sagrado - Cusco, Cusco, Peru
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 259 activities in Cusco
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Mountain Bike, Rafting, Trekking, Sea kayak and more in Sacred Valley, Cusco, Arequipa and Titicaca.
Venice, Italy
5 attraction reviews
“I highly recommend Munaycha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you're interested in a specialized adventure in Peru combined with a cultural experience, and you don't want to travel with the masses, I highly recommend Munaycha. Lets just start with Duilio is a great guy. I spent 10 days with Duilio and it felt like traveling with a good friend. It can be hard to decipher all of the reviews and comments about the multitude of tour operators in Peru. Fortunately, I chose Munaycha because a close friend had a personal experience, and there's no better recommendation. My expectations were surpassed. Our trip was well organized and well outfitted, and Duilio was well prepared for all of the different contingencies. He also took good care of his staff and the horses. But at the end of the day, we learned a lot, ate well, and Duilio just made it fun. I specifically recommend Munaycha for any type of trek, outdoor activity, or any tour around the Sacred Valley, Arequipa or Colca canyon. We did the Salkantay trek, rode mountain bikes between ruins in the Sacred Valley, camped, and hiked and biked in Colca canyon. It was a fantastic vacation made possible by Duilio's personality, knowledge, and experience. Thank you Duilio.

Visited November 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Duilio and his Crew are FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Duilio is an outstanding, fun, easy to get along with guy. We hiked the Andes mountains for 4 nights and 5 days (finishing with macchu pichu and waynapichu). All 3 of our meals were made my two chefs (delicious) and we always had snacks packed for our hikes. Every time we arrived at our campsites (which were beautiful), our tents were already set up, and we had hot water buckets waiting for us to wash up with. We had a portal flushing toilet with a private tent at every campsite (even on lunch breaks). There were 4 fabulous men working hard to set up our breakfast/lunch/dinner tables and tents. We had hot tea or coffee brought to our tents every morning, so we could have a few moments to wake up in our sleeping bags. On all the trails, there was someone following us with a horse, in case you got tired, or couldn't carry your backpack anymore. And the men even brought our duffle bags to lunch, incase we wanted to grab anything that wasn't in our backpacks.

Duilio will literally give you his seat and lunch plate. What a great guy. I had an absolutely phenomenal experience. Couldn't recommend Duilio and his team enough. I wish Duilio was my personal tour guide for all of my future experiences in all the countries I want to visit. He makes you feel like you are hiking with your brother/best friend.

You MUST MUST MUST trek with Duilio! He is worth every single cent!

Visited October 2012
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
“Amazing and otherworldly experience !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

What can I tell about Munaycha and it's host Duilio and his staff? It was for us an incredible experience from the beginning to the end. We stayed as guests on his parents "Q'Awana Boutique Lodge", a quite and beautiful place. We had the opportunity to go to Laguna Piuray and shared with friends a day kayaking, and had an exclusive lunch-buffet of amazing and delicious peruvian dishes, wine and spirits, surrounded by spectacular views , a mix of luxury and camping... I never had had such an experience before!!! That day we also went to Moray, and the Salinas of Mara's, Important ruins of Inca's Culture ... They arranged for us our trip to Machu Picchu... Transportation, Turistic Guide, Everything was organized with incredible detail and perfect timing... One night he taught us about the stars and constellations.... They know everything about many of the aspects on The Sacred Valley of the Incas and they are willing to share it with all of you too.
Please don't miss contacting this people if you're planning to go to Cusco, the Valley or Machu Picchu. You will have the Experience of your Life! Thank you Duilio, Thank you Munaycha, Thank you Vellutino Family.

Visited August 2012
Seaside, California
“Incredible Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Duilio was exceptional to work with. I set up a kayak adventure with him down the Apurimac River.
I heard he was the best to work with as a kayaker, but after contacting several rafting companies he was by far the most attentive, detailed, and professional and always wrote me back within minutes. Highly recommend this compan

Visited October 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour organization!!! Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had Munaycha organize our private tour in the Cusco area. Their suggested itinerary was perfect, we started our altitude adaptation at Huaran, which although 20 minutes from Urubamba is a perfect spot to relax and taxi is available with a phone call (Savino).

They organized a rafting tour which was great and the picnic included was amazing, looking more like a full meal rather than a simple meal. We also went to Pisaq ruines which were also great, willy was the guide for these tours.

In Aguas Calientes we stayed at the Rupa Wasi, which has stunning views and a lovely restaurant beside The Tree House, and there obviously went to Machu Pichu, with our own guide Esmeralda.

In our way back to Cusco we stayed at the Balcon Inn, which was good and centrally located. The tour to the city and surroundings was also very good.

All the transferes were done by the Genaro on a very comfortable brandnew van, always on time and waiting for us.

We were travelling with our teen age daughter and all our room requests were fulfilled, havng family rooms in all hotels.

We highly recommend Munaycha as a tour organizer in Peru.

Thanks for the wonderful experience.

Regards.