“Perfect Evening out in Cuzco” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 441 Restaurants in Cusco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is why “Divina Comedia” Restaurant was created. A project which mission is to offer to the local, national and foreign customer the best dishes elaborated with high quality Peruvian ingredients mixed with touches of different countries flavors. Moreover, is to give a personal and different service based in the respect and warmth. “Divina Comedia” Restaurant opens its doors with the aim of satisfying the most demanding sense of taste, offering a varied and complete menu created in a special and exclusive way. Let us captivate you with our special decoration meanwhile our highly qualified staff make your visit an unforgettable experience. Opens Monday to Saturday: 18:00 - 22:30 hrsAreas and capacity: Hall: 57 people(45 people on table) (12 people on high table. Bar: 30 people. Terrace: 12 people.
San Francisco, California
“Perfect Evening out in Cuzco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed a perfect evening drinking Pisco Sours and playing backgammon by the fireside followed by a lovely meal in the main restaurant. Our excellent waiter Gaston was very attentive and interesting with tales of his travels throughout South America. The piano accompanied opera singing was lovely and made for a memorable dining experience.

• Visited October 2012

orange
“Great service atmosphere and food with a touch of entertainment thrown in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We started with Piscos in the delightful courtyard which also has a bar and hotel attached. Moving on to dinner was seamless with great attention throughout the night from the staff. The food was fresh and creative with many local ingredients used.
Great entertainment opera style from a singer and piano player who did well with a piano that needs tuning
Excellent wine list added to the success of the evening.

Humble, Texas
“El Restaurante Muy Romantico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was on my first-ever visit to Peru when I stayed in the Cuzco/Machu Picchu region for five days. My friend and I had a romantic dinner at the Divina Comedia Restaurant on one of our last evenings in Cuzco and we had a most wonderful experience. Being American and not knowing how to speak much Spanish, I was glad I had my friend with me to translate. Nonetheless, the waiter, named Gaston, was very cordial and accommodating, and he took very good care of our every need and request. Along with being polite, lively, and cheerful, Gaston was a consummate professional at his craft. The food we ordered was absolutely delicious from the appetizer to the main dish and even the desert. The setting seemed to be like old-style Italy but the restaurant was set up to be quite formal with a hint of antiquity. The lighting was very nice, dim enough to set the mood, but enough light to actually see your food. Live music with actual piano and opera-style singer was featured. A very nice touch to a very warm and romantic evening (indoors, that is. Outdoors the night air was mildly cold, which only adds to the ambience). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially to couples who are looking for that perfect place to have a nice dinner together.

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is unique in that it includes a short opera performance every half hour or so. This was cute but, honestly, the opera singing was average as opera singing goes, and it was kind of disruptive to dinner conversation since it was loud and they kind of demand/command attention from the room. The food was OK but only one of our dishes was a stand out (Osso Bucco). Service was attentive and friendly but I was annoyed when the waiter recommended the most expensive bottle of Carmenere available and it was totally average. Also, they screwed up the math on our bill and wanted to re-run the entire tab on my card, what?! Perhaps something was getting lost in translation but I eventually convinced the guy that was easier for me to just pay the difference in cash. I also sensed they were expecting an Americsn tip and were disappointed when they learned we now how propionate works in Peru. Anyways, I'd go someplace else for the few dinners yu may have in Cusco, there are better places for the money.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lima, Peru
“Federico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

nice place with great food, piano music and singers. Service was good. Prices are more than reasonable.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Divina Comedia R, Director General at Divina Comedia Restaurant, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Federico O

It has been a pleasure to have you here, at the same time, we are so glad you have enjoyed our restaurant, thank you so much for this objective opinion.

Joel Evrard