“Simply superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Can i just say, do yourself a favor and eat here!

This place is a lil tricky to locate BUT you will NOT be disappointed. I had their lunch combos which is so great for the price and sooooo DELICIOUS. Also, the host is a very warm person so you will love the food and the experience...what more do you need now!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“So yummy though sadly pretty overpriced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

10 soles for a piece of cake is pretty steep when most places sell them for half that (or give you a bigger slice). But! I couldn't resist Granja Heidi. I've been pretty unimpressed with the food in Cusco so Granja was a little oasis for me. Go for a piece of their flaky delicious quiche and finish off with the famous Nelson Mandela cake. The mains look good as well but were out of my price range for the most part.

Despite feeling bitter about the prices (see also 8 soles for a soda when its 1 sole 80 centimos literally down the street), and the somewhat surly owner I couldn't resist this place and consider myself a Granja Heidi addict.

The atmosphere is also quite nice lots of light and open space.

Without a doubt its become my fave place for lunch in Cusco!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“After 5 trips to Cuzco, the Granja Heidi is our favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A short walk from the Plaza de Armas, the Granja Heidi is one of the best restaurants in Cuzco. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Heidi's quality and breadth of dishes offered competes favorably with the most expensive restaurants in Cuzco. Prices are modest: dinner entrees are in the range $12 to $16. Many of the ingredients are produced organically.

The restaurant is clean, quiet, and attractive, with white plaster walls and lit candles in the chandeliers. The owner, Karl, is German-born, hardworking, and an excellent manager and cook. He has lived in Peru for more than 30 years. Every course is well thought out and presented, and each one is delicious. At the beginning of the dinner meal, Karl brings out complimentary appetizers which are creative and delicious, often reflecting a variation on typical Peruvian dishes. This is a restaurant which you will recommend to anyone traveling to or living in Cuzco. My wife and I lived in Cuzco for two years and we have returned five times since 2001. We always plan several meals at the Granja Heidi during our visits. You will not be disappointed!

Tom and Sally Kaesemeyer

FOREST HILLS
“He is a character....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Based on the recommendation of our hotel, we decided to have lunch at Granja Heidi. It is conveniently located between San Blas and Plaza de Armas. We were immediately offered an amuse bouche...The set lunch menu was great and even better! the "price was right". We were greeted by a Gentleman with a German accent.. go figure... he is definitely a character... ( shame on me for not asking his name ) We truly enjoyed our meal, the service was great...

Tucson, Arizona
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my favorite meal out of all the places we ate during our 10 days in Peru. And one of the cheapest too!

I had the daily lunch special (which changes every day). So tasty! The lunch special included crema de zapallo (my new favorite soup - sort of like butternut squash but better), a small salad, a drink, the main course (teriyaki chicken), and desert, all included in the price. Delicioso!!!!

I wish we had had more time in Peru so that I could have gone back to eat here again.

• Visited October 2012