“Unfriendly, arrogant staff” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Unfriendly, arrogant staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We could not believe how arrogant and bitter the front of house were. Their customer service is horrible. We booked and paid in advance for two rooms. Got there and they said that only one room was available. So I slept with my sister and mother in one room as there was no where else we could go that late. Then on the second night of our stay they did not want to let my mother enter the room because she did not have her passport with her.
She left her passport with my other sister that was staying at another hotel. So we had to call her at 11pm to bring the passport.
These people should not be in this sort of business.
I do not recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights as part of our g adventure trip. I was really happy with the hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and offered us a complimentary cocoa tea and city map on arrival.

Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the street. The view over the town was definitely worth the climb up the stairs and the street noise didn't bother us. The room was clean and simple.

The centre of the town was only a few minutes walk and seemed fairly safe even at night. We really enjoyed wandering around the streets close to the hotel. There are a lot of people selling things in the street, but a firm 'no' will usually suffice.

Breakfast was included and served from 6-10am. It was fairly simple, but nice food including breads, fruit, cold meats, salad, cereal, tea, juice, coffee and of course cocoa tea.

Overall, we were very happy here. Only issue is the hot water seems to run out at night, so plan to shower early

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was in Hotel Prisma as a result of my booking my trip via G Adventures. Unlike many, I did not do the Inka Trail as I did not have 3 nights time, so opted for the train, then hiked Machu Picchu mountain on the following morning. Upon check-in, they attempted to place me in a room with 2 double beds (and apparently was going to be splitting the room with a stranger?). When I advised I had paid for a single room, they did agree to accommodate this request. I was in room 206 which was awful because it was right by the stairs and the was are really paper thin. As a result, you get to hear all the morning traffic in the hotel getting ready early to depart for their trips. Next, I opted to purchase a hotel room in Aguas Calientes so I could spend another day at Machu Picchu and could hike the montagne Machu Picchu in the morning. It was a hassle trying to ask to check out of my room for just a single night, so I just kept my room for the night (and paid for it). In exchange, all I asked for was a late checkout on my final day since my flight was not until 2:40PM to Lima. They would not accommodate this request, so I had to check out at 9AM and come back for my luggage (without the benefit of a shower before my 20 hour return home). Not very customer friendly at all. The location is on a busy street, and although they will claim it is close to the Plaza d'Arms, so are many places. If I had this trip to do over again, I would have requested another hotel. I viewed this as an unfortunate circumstance in light of a terrific trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Not a great night's sleep. Reception staff seemed rather frosty rather than welcoming. Overall it was fine and I would stay there if I had to, but I wouldn't rush back. (I stayed here as part of a tour.) There was a pretty generous breakfast. When we had supper there one evening (too exhausted after the trek to go out) various choices on the menu weren't available and overall the supper was a little disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

stayed here just like everyone else as part of G-Adventure tour.

positive-
1) relationship with G-Adventures- It's pretty convenient that we have a tour operator staff located at the lobby...
2) I didn't have any noise issue maybe because I stayed in Room 401? it's in the corner that's probably the farthest from outside noise
3) excellent location. close to the main plaza.

negative-
1) Room was not that clean...
2) Front desk wasn't actually cooperative or helpful with an exception of the cab driver
3) 4th FL is definitely worse than 2nd FL (stayed on two separate nights) in terms of bathroom

overall, it passes as one night hotel before the tour. I wouldn't stay more than that though...

Room Tip: Room 401 was very quiet but bathroom wasn't that nice. Room 203 had nicer bathroom but I suppo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Carinthia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for a few days on aour trip to / from Machu Pichu. Great location a few minutes away from the Plaza de Armas. Nice rooms if you avoid the streetside ones which can be a bit loud. Good breakfast and nice restaurant in the evening. Friendly and helpful staff.
Definitely recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here as part of a G adventures tour. G is a great company and they even have their own desk in the hotel lobby since they have so many passengers coming through. However, I wonder if the hotel is so poor because the tour company is so entrenched here that it would be difficult to move to a different property. The hotel knows they will always have business so they make very little effort to make our stay there comfortable or special. I found the staff to be very unhelpful and even surly. Our first night we were put in a room over an enclosed ally where sounds echoed and multiplied. The walls, windows and floor were very thin. We had to get up early in the morning to start our tour and there was a tv on in the room beneath us playing loudly enough that it reverberated through our room. It was a staff room, not a guest room. When I went down to the front desk to see if they could turn it down (for the second time), it turned out the person with the keys to the room had left, leaving the tv on. They couldn't get into the room and in order to shut it down turned off the electricity for the whole wing. The second room we were in was nicer, but the Internet stopped working early in the evening. If you have to stay here because it's part of your tour, bring earplugs and a lot of patience. If you're not part of a tour, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed August 2012

Been to Prisma Hotel? Share your experiences!