“terrible place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 111 Arequipa B&B and Inns
Brazil
“terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Stayed here in January 2009. We had planned to stay three nights but left after one. Despite numerous emails to the owner confirming that we were coming, when we arrived nobody knew about our reservation. The room that we were given was on the ground floor and whilst very comfortable was very noisy because it was so close to reception. The worst thing was that some money was taken from my partner's bag when we went for a walk after arriving.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

Hi, name is Jordan Dew. I was travelling in Peru For 6 weeks in April and May of 2007. I had a fabulous time there ans saw many beautiful places like Macchu Picchu, Colca canyon, and the Nazca lines. But I must say one of the highlights was staying in the Hostal Solar. It definitely was the nicest place I stayed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I felt like the showers were the best I experienced in Peru. They have endless hot water and comes out with powerful force. Sufficient to cleanse the desert grime from my weary body. The staff were efficient and helpful. While they aren’t a travel agency, they were able to point me in the right direction to get my trip started to the Colca canyon. They also had extremely valuable information regarding the sights to see in Arequipa, which restaurants were good and which are bad, and with whom to book my adventures both daily and nightly. But definetly a huge highlight was the Saturday evening barbecue. They serve an amazing mix of meats all cooked to perfection and the salads are to die for. This came with a free glass of wine but make sure you ask for the “Magic Inca” pisco sour. It is unforgettable.

Chao, Jordan

• Liked — bathroom - bbq
  • Disliked — no
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hostal Solar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hostal Solar

Address: Calle Ayacucho 108 Cercado, Arequipa, Peru
Location: Peru > Arequipa Region > Arequipa
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service
Ranked #9 of 111 B&Bs / Inns in Arequipa
Best place in town to meet people with great atmosphere. We characterize for a great service, security and fair price. We are a Colonial house endowed with maximum comfort located four blocks from the main square. Our room have private bathroom with 24 hours hot water, cable TV, telephone and internet WiFi. Come and enjoy our roof terrace BBQ every weekend. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hostal Solar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hostal Solar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.