“Kinda noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Arequipa
Charleston SC
“Kinda noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2006

Our taxi driver took us here after La Casa de Melgar was fully booked. Great location, close to Plaza de Armas. Friendly staff. Balcony had a nice view of the street and Plaza. The huge matrimonial room was clean and had timber floors. U could smell it had just been painted. Beds were (there were 2 doubles) comfy enough but the pillows could have been made of rocks. Nice night time shower but morning shower was luke warm with no pressure. Room at night was very dark but you wake up early (5am) to car alarms, people dragging things down the cobble stone street below and hotel staff scrubbing (6.30am)and vacuming the hallway floor. It is made of lino or something so u can hear everything. Breakfast was rolls, jam and juice. If it wasnt so noisy we would have stayed but we checked out after 1 night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Very early morning noise
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

I wanted a room that was fairly dark and quiet so I could get a good night's sleep. They have internal rooms that fit the bill. These rooms don't have the best ventilation, but it was OK. It's just average overall. The front desk clerk will give you a discount as mentioned in other reviews. A taxi driver took me here since I didn't have a hotel lined up in advance. After the girl at the desk told me the price, I told her I wanted to check out the other hotels before making a decision. She dropped the price 3 times until it was at US$17 per day for one person (me). If you do this, be sure to write the agreed-upon price on your registration card, as when I checked out, the person on duty didn't think the price should have been that low. This is just an OK place... next time I will look at other places, but I guess I would be willing to stay here again.

Stayed December 2003
SF, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

Although we reserved a double (US$23/night), our room was a quad. which was spacious for 2 people. The room had a balcony, a great view of the tops of the Cathedral & cable tv. VERY central. Breakfast was simply a roll, jam, coffee/tea & OJ. Although the first bed I slept in was hard, the 2nd was okay but I think I got bites from both. The shower had good water pressure and hot water - no suicide shower.

losbalconeshotel

• Stayed May 2005
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2005

The hotel is just behind the Catheral so the location is great. You can get a view of the back of the Catheral if you stay in the rooms facing the main road (Moral). It is on a quiet street. The rooms are clean although not as nice as those they have pictured on their website. Hot water 24 hours.

They serve a simple breakfast in the morning of fresh juice (think it was pineapple), coffee/tea, bread and jam.

Would recommend it as a place to stay. Walking distance to main attractions.

You can try to ask for a discount - we got one - we were trying to ask if they could deduct the tax as we were staying in Peru for less than 60 days but they mistook that as asking for a discount (price quoted was without tax) so they gave us one.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Los Balcones de Moral y Santa Catalina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Los Balcones de Moral y Santa Catalina

Address: Moral 217, Arequipa, Peru
Location: Peru > Arequipa Region > Arequipa
Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Arequipa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Los Balcones de Moral y Santa Catalina 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Los Balcones de Moral y Santa Catalina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Los Balcones de Moral y Santa Catalina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.