“A useful place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Arequipa
Sydney, Australia
“A useful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got this hotel as part of an Adventure World Package. Our standard room was OK, clean, a reasonably noise free (Cockerels wake early in Arequipa). There are enough good restaurants nearby to make this a good location. Its a 15 minute walk to the main square. Reception staff were helpful. We also used the restaurant for dinner and it was OK.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hotel has a very good location - in the city center. The food is fine. Rooms are not big, but well organized. I cannot find disadvantage. All places are clean and tidy. I recommend this hotel for backpackers, families and travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Overall I was pleased with my stay. I was in Arequipa on business
I had no problem communicating to them in English (I am fluent in Spanish and English).

I enjoyed walking around the city center and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby.

Pro- I had a problem that was caused by the company I was visiting and the receptionists were very helpful in helping me. Romnia (a receptionist) even called her brother when she thought that he might have a solution to my problem.

Con- There was a problem with the internet while I was staying there and I had troubles getting connected. When I complained they told me about the problem and they lent me a wireless adapter (through the cell towers). I had some problems with that too. I stayed there 3 nights and had really bad troubles for only one of the nights.
They have different network names in different parts of the hotel. So if you connect in your room, you may have to connect to a different named network in the lounge. This was a little obnoxious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel has a handy central location which enables you to walk to some places of interest. We stayed in a superior room for one night whilst on our travels We were very happy with the large size of the room and the fact that it had dining/seating area leading off it. The on suite was completely adequate and clean if a little tired.

The breakfast was continental and we have no complaints. The hotel staff were friendly and helfpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed at another Casa Andina and my travel agent recommended this property. What a dump!!! The staff are helpful however the foyer is grotty, there is no air conditioning, no room service etc etc and I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Classic - Arequipa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Classic Arequipa hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

We would like to mention you that Casa Andina has three brands within Peru: Private Collection, Classic and Select. Our Classics hotels offer travelers the basic facilities and services to enjoy a comfortable stay highlighting our service quality. However, we regret we did not fulfill your expectations.

We look forward to you giving us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

The Casa Andina Team
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed November 9-11 with my friend and I really liked this hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, but the staff was incredible. Roger was very nice and made the check-in process very smooth. He's a great asset to the company. Anny helped me get to the main square which is really close to the hotel, and she suggested some local restaurants. It's sometimes hard to communicate in a country that you're not super familiar with the language, but Roger and Anny spoke great English. If I come back to Arequipa again, I would surely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Erpingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We arrived at the hotel very late at night for a 2 night stay on a tour. First impressions were not good as we had spent over 2 hours on a coach driving around the city trying to get here due to road works and terrible traffic jams. We thought the area was quite grim and the hotel old and tired. However, in the morning things looked a lot better. The rooftop terrace is lovely, with views over the city one way and the snow-capped volcanoes the other. It was only a 10-15 minute walk into the old town which is really lovely. I am sure this hotel is good value for money but if I went again I would choose somewhere right in the old town, surrounded by the sights and atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Classic Arequipa.
We regret to know that you had some trouble getting to the hotel. Nevertheless, we are glad you enjoyed the facilities, as well as the location. As you mention, we are near the Main Square and entertainment attractions like restaurants and shopping centers that our guests may find interesting.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Best regards,