“Good kitchen, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Mochileros Beds and Rest
1.5 of 5 Inn   |   Calle Cuzco 101, Arequipa 054, Peru   |
Ranked #25 of 107 Arequipa B&B and Inns
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Good kitchen, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I arrived in Arequipa at 3am after taking a night bus from Tacna. The receptionist was happy to receive me despite the late hour, and the rate is very reasonable. The location is great- within a short walking distance to Plaza de Armas and the San Camilo market- my favourite place to eat.
The kitchen is well-equipped with a juicer, stove and a thermos of aguas caliente, which is good for drinking tea (free of charge). The dorms were clean with their own bathrooms and televisions, and it is restricted to 4 beds to a room, so it is never crowded. I will definitely come back here next time I visit Arequipa!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I loved this place!

I was at another hostel in Arequipa that I did not like. I shopped around Arequipa inspecting the different options. I looked at many hostels and I agree Mochileros has the best value for your money!

The place and all the rooms were very clean. You can tell the owner takes a lot of pride in keeping the place immaculate. The shower was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! The location is perfect. It is within walking distance from the main square and on a quiet street. I loved the big lockers to lock up your personal belongings. I also liked the common areas like the kitchen, balcony, and tv room.

My only complaint is the mattresses. They unfortunately were not very comfortable. The staff also needs to learn a little English. This will hopefully come with time. I got to practice my Spanish so that was a good thing.

I highly recommend Mochileros in Arequipa!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Every room is immaculate
Everything is reasonably priced
It is located just 5 minutes wall from the main square

My only criticism is that the reception staff could be more friendly, they are aloof and you get the impression that you may be in the way

I would highly recommend staying here to anyone

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Excellent home for Mochileros great value for money offers free WIFI free tea , complete kitchen for self cooking including everything in it , in your free time you can play pool with real professional pool table , excellent service the only cons is that the room is a bit crowded hot water when when cloudy are not hot enough

• Stayed June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We had orginally planned to stay at Arequipa Backpackers which is located right across the road from this place. But we changed our booking after spotting this place and asking for a tour. The rooms are MUCH nicer and cheaper. The double was only 50 soles compared to 65 we were charged at Arequipa Backpackers, cleaner, nicer and larger.

OK, it is a lot quiter than a normal hostel but we welcomed that and had a relaxing stay - even if it was just for one night. The reception girl is super friendly and very willing to help you out. It is a new-ish place (1yr open) so they are just getting started.

Unfortuneately, we cant comment on the breakfast as we had an early flight the next morning so we were not around for it. However, upon hearing that we would not be present for breakfast the girl reduced the room price to 40 soles!!! Awesome. At no other place have they done that. So that was a nice surprise.

Will defo be back!

Dolores & Graham

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Mochileros Beds and Rest? Share your experiences!