“truely great value place next to the plaza de armas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riviera Arequipa

You added Hotel Riviera Arequipa to your Saves list
Hotel Riviera Arequipa
Calle Puente Bolognesi 114 | cercado - Arequipa, Arequipa Areq 01, Peru (Formerly Solar de Arequipa Colonial Inn)   |
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Arequipa
Tokyo, Japan
“truely great value place next to the plaza de armas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great location, good security, spotless clean room and public facilities, rather big room, bed with duvet (so warm and cozy), lots of very hot wáter in shower, high-speed wifi, nice roof terrace with mountain view for breakfast and hanging out, very kind reception staffs... All these only for S/40 for a single use of twin room with shared bathroom.
I thought I am so lucky to find this place, as I passed by, and I moved from nearby Los Andes which was recommended in LP but increased Price from s/31 on the book to s/37.
I am a Japanese woman traveling alone, and I didn´t have any bad experience here. Actually, Young English speaking receptionist was very helpful with translation when I was making online reservation for bus to Lima.
I am coming back here again next month. It is highly recommended to everyone!

Room Tip: Just walk around rather than depending on guidebook!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My stay in this place as a women traveling alone was very uncomfortable. The young manager had some male friends making use of the common areas of in the hotel during all hours of the night and day while I was there. Every time I stepped out of my room to leave or walk to the shower I was whistled, and cat-called at, and was treated to an endless stream of comments about my physical appearance. Using the lovely balcony was out of the question for me unless I wanted to put up with constant harassment. This was the worst harassment I experienced in my three months travelling along in Peru--and it was INSIDE the hostel! The manager did absolutely nothing to try to stop it, so I would warn solo women against staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this neat secure spot which is only a stones throw from the main plaza. It was a little noisy at night but there was a lot going on the plaza. Great hot water and wifi. The owner let us leave our bags there while we did a two day walk, when we got back our bus tickets had not arrived so he helped us a lot and sorted the matter out. We were dusty and tired so he let us have towels and soap and a hot shower, he would not accept any money either. A lovely man

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Jorge and Hugo are great hosts. Breakfast is served carefully by them and it is really good.

Both are receptionists and they are really friendly and informative. The hotel is an Old restored house, built with witish volcanic stone from the "Misti volcano". The showers run hot water and the beds, matresses and blankets are warm and new.

Some rooms have TV inside and private bathrooms. Enjoy Solar de Arequipa Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Nadi, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Showers had instant hot water and all day long. Very good value for money. Close proximity (walking distance) to the Plaza De Armes and the Santa Catalina Monastery.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with the mountain views. On clear days, you can see the El Misti!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Riviera Arequipa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Riviera Arequipa

Address: Calle Puente Bolognesi 114 | cercado - Arequipa, Arequipa Areq 01, Peru (Formerly Solar de Arequipa Colonial Inn)
Location: Peru > Arequipa Region > Arequipa
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Arequipa
Riviera Hotel Arequipa is located in the heart of the city of Arequipa, just 15 minutes from Rodriguez Ballon airport, 10 minutes from Bus Terminal and Bus Station, half a block from the main square of Arequipa, we have the advantage of being in the center historic city and close to the main tourist attractions; we are considered one of the 18 most valuable colonial houses of Arequipa (Cultural Heritage). The benefits you will have with us are our full breakfast, free Wi Fi in all rooms, friobar (in each room), safe (in each room), hot water 24 hours, booking service in restaurants city, luggage, games, service, scanner, telephone, terrace, laundry service, taxi service, medical assistance, tourist information, tour and tour packages 24 hour service 01 computer available 24 hours for the exclusive use of guests. It is very important for us to offer a quality service and excellence providing comfort, elegance and safety through our distinguished staff of collaborators, exceeding their expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riviera Arequipa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Riviera Arequipa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.