“Rescued our clothes” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Arequipa
Canberra
“Rescued our clothes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel is located about 10 to 15 minutes walk from the main square and in a safe part of Arequipa. We walked during the day and evening and caught taxis at night (6 or 7 sols). The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The staff make the hotel though. They are friendly and helpful, they go out of their way to book restaurants and organise taxis etc). They also saved almost all our clothes - after travelling In the amazon for a week, we needed to do washing (while the hotel offers a laundry service, it is by item, so we went looking for a laundry that charged by the kilo - they are normally about 5 sols a kg). We dropped our clothes off, but were 30 mins late collecting and the laundry had closed (and the next two days were national holidays). We were travelling to colca canyon and had to ask the hotel to help get our clothes back, as upon our return we had three hours before an evening bus to Arica. The hotel organised and eventually, got in contact with the laundry and sent a taxi and had our clothes back for our return...huge relief. I would definitely return, just based on the service. Also breakfast was good with omelettes made to order and good fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was really glad to have found this hotel when my coworker recommended it.
Jasmina was extremely friendly and helpful during check in and check out.

Breakfast is really good and they'll make eggs any way you like them.

I also enjoyed my room which overlooked the pool and I had a small patio outside.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Arequipa, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I loved the gardens in Queen's Villa. You pay for the outdoor environment, not just your room. I got to see all the rooms, but stayed in the casona (old mansion). It was so nice with its new boutique look. If you are not forgiving to its needed improvements like a new carpet and new doors, then you may want to stay in the bungalows or the rooms overlooking the pool. The bungalows have a view of the outside as well, just different. They express the nature of the hotel in their bathrooms. You'll have to check out those bathrooms. You'll want it in your house.
The breakfast is very fresh. I loved the freshly-made juices. Try all flavors if you can. I liked the guabana one. They make any type of egg right in front of you too. I got scrambled eggs or omelets. The restaurant is another service for you to try. I liked sitting in the bar area and eat dessert at night. I had two that had ice cream and fruit served warm. Just delicious.
Enjoy and take time in the outdoors there. I like to take photos so I had extra fun. I was afraid to lay in the grass and read a book, but why not? Spoil yourself with a book about the city or Peru and take a spot on the grass or poolside. You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at Queens Villa. I stayed for a month in one of the bungalows, and it really felt like home. It was very quiet, despite being so close to downtown. It was also really nice and shady, with a very nice pool and common areas where you can relax and cool down. For me, what was most important was that there was a good work area (which there was, a nice desk with plenty of space, free Wi-Fi and a quiet environment), a nice bathroom (which there was, it looked like it had been recently renovated, and it was very spacious), and good breakfast (they had delicious fresh juice and coffee, eggs, fruit, and really good bread). It was also only a couple of blocks from two restaurants, one which served fancy versions of regional food (for those days where you want to go all out) and a really affordable spot just a little further that has different set menus everyday (I usually got it to go and took it back to the hotel). The owner is very nice and friendly, and she also makes a really great pisco sour (you can't leave Peru without trying one, they are amazing, like lemon merengue pie). Overall, the price was good for what I wanted, the service was great, and my stay was very comfortable.

Room Tip: The bungalows were where I stayed, they were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Marianela Z, Gerente at Queen's Villa Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your nice words! We are looking forward you visit Arequipa again with your family and friends and for sure you will surprise with the new renovations.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights. Upgraded to an executive double room. The bathroom was tastefully decorated with a modern touch. Beds were very comfortable with high quality linens. Full hot breakfast was the best of any during our 3 week tour of Peru & Chile. Pool was lovely but too cold to swim in during our stay. Hotel located in a quiet upscale neighbourhood. Taxi ride to Plaza d'Armas was 7 soles each way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have lived in Arequipa and stayed at this hotel before, but never gave myself the time to review it. This time I used all the services provided and had the time to enjoy the hotel in its entirety. What most impressed me about the hotel is its constant improvement, special touches and unending gardens. The hotel has now become a boutique hotel because it has renovated many rooms and its old house, the "casona." I stayed in the casona and my room is adorable. They place fresh flowers in your room too and around the casona. There is a mini-fridge in all rooms, and paintings and old photos of Arequipa in the public areas of the casona too. The televisions have changed to flat screens and there is ample space to place your clothes. One thing about TV in Peru: some channels are just fuzzy. It may be the cable company or just how it is here. I don't know. There is an elegant restaurant with antique chairs that have been beautifully reupholstered. The outdoors has flowers everywhere, tall trees and cactus. There are many little small pots of cactus; they are too cute. The reception area has a beautiful light fixture that is quite modern. They also have computers and a printer for clients' use. Don't miss the hot mate de coca while you wait for your taxi, etc. It is delicious.
I had breakfast for the first time and it was very pleasant. You eat outside right in the bar area, so if you get cold easily like me, wear a sweater. It is so lovely with the gardens and pool views, and the bar is a unique fixture of the hotel. I didn't see people use it, but they should because it is too cool. The coffee served was really nice. It was a bit richer than normal American coffee and not very watery. You can order fresh made juice. I got papaya mixed with pineapple (piña). You can get toast (tostadas) or bread rolls (pan de trigo). I always get pan de trigo because it is unique from here. It looks like a triangle with air inside. Sometimes the bakers put anise (anís) in the bread which I find delish. They make the eggs fresh in front of you. I always got scramble eggs. I usually don't eat so much in the morning, but it had been a really really nice treat. Delicious.
The workers are overall nice. A bit shy in my North American opinion. The receptionist in the evening is especially friendly and is eager to help you with anything you need. She has a positive attitude and makes you smile. Sonia is very responsible. Virginia who serves breakfast is sweet and you can tell she worries about making a good impression during your breakfast hour. Oscar, the morning receptionist, is good as well. You just need to talk to him a bit so he can loosen up, but this is in the perspective of an American. He says he wants to practice his English more, but gladly helped me practice my Spanish. The night receptionists have always been very professional.
The hotel has so much to offer like parking, the restaurant, a pool, many chairs and lounge chairs to enjoy the scenery. I wish it much luck. It seems to have a hard time at getting out all it has to offer tourists since it is not in the center. It is just a bit aways from the center, but completely reachable on foot or you can just get a cheap taxi, around 5 soles. I think that getting the word out is it only downfall. Little things that you may not like are the yellow stripes on the stairs. I found out it is law in Arequipa. Another thing when requesting rooms in the casona, request not to be in a room next to another occupied room if you are a light sleeper. The people next to me had their TV on all night.
I am writing my first trip advisor review because I realized how much I myself have used it to find places and the need to get these reviews out to help fellow travelers!

Room Tip: The casona is cute, but they also have rooms outside too that are larger and more modern. If you get...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
queens_admin, Director de Recepción at Queen's Villa Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Queen's Villa Hotel is very grateful for his public congratulations, we are pleased to be able to meet your expectations.
Receive a warm greeting from all the family from Queens town and we hope to visit again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here once in january 2013 and then this past week. The rooms in the main building were just updated with all new floors and bathrooms and are so nice! Also in the older house, all new decor and many new updates to rooms. Looks great.
The rooms are ALWAYS clean, which is important to me.
The location is about 5 minute taxi ride to city center, and 15 minute walk during the day. I've read some reviews about dogs barking, which I have noticed to be MUCH worse in other hotels in Peru.
The top rated hotel in Arequipa, that I've also been to, had similar rooms but no pool, no bar, no restaurant, and no dog (miskol!)... although that hotel is closer to the main square, I felt the street was extremely busy and not as charming as vallecito.
The hotel staff is not as forthcoming as they could be, but if you ask them, they will do ANYTHING you need! Very helpful!
Delicious deserts at the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Queen's Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!