As soon as we walked in we were greeted by extremely helpful and friendly staff.
The facilities were excellent:
- table tennis table
- pool table
- football table
- three tv's with excellent choice of DVDs
- play station
- three computers with free Internet to use
- two kitchens
- plenty of showers and bathrooms for everyone, I never had to wait for the shower in five days I was there
- breakfast of bread and butter and jam
- 24/7 hot drinks
- laundry service reasonable price
- drinks to buy
The rooms are spacious, we stayed in 6bed female dorm and it was cleaned every day. There are large lockers for each person in the room.
We did a full day colca canyon tour booked through the hostel which was done through colonial tours - the hostel charges the same as the tour company does on the plaza so they don't take any extra money. It was brilliant, informative guide and nice bus.
This hostel is in a great location, behind a locked gate so very safe and only a 7 min enjoyable walk to the main plaza. It's got all the facilities of a party hostel but hasn't got the party vibe, instead it is nice to chill, relax and socialise. They don't have a curfew though and there's someone on the reception 24/7 so if you are a partier then there's no problems either!
I loved this hostel and would recommend to anyone! They also do amazing deals on an apartment they have if you are staying 1 week or 1 month in Arequipa - really cheap!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address of our new location (since 1 year ago)is PASAJE O´HIGGINS 224 VALLECITO (Arequipay Backpackers Downtown) and when you take a taxi to come here you have to give them our address. DO NOT TELL THEM ONLY THE NAME BECAUSE THEY MAY TAKE YOU TO OUR OLD LOCATION WHERE NOW IS OPERATING ANOTHER HOSTEL. ********About Arequipay Backpackers Downtown*******We are not a basic hostel, do you know why? Because we have attractions and facilities that others in Arequipa do not have that make us the funniest, coziest and homiest hostel in town all brand new with a funky and modern d�cor. We are a cozy hostel and you are going to feel like you are in your own home. We offer both indoor and outdoor spaces that are perfect to socialize with all travelers. If you are looking for a place to relax and recharge your energy to continue your journey the best place in Arequipa is Arequipay Backpackers House!. We are not a party hostel where you always going to find people that disturb your peace of mind, here you going to find tranquility, great vibe and the best service in town, we put our guests above and beyond because you are number one priority for us. We know - you like it clean�that's why we take care of it around the clock making sure everything is spotless. LOCATION:Only five blocks away to the main square. Even though we are situated downtown, we are in a peaceful neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of the streets around the main square in a private neighborhood. Our location is perfect because it�s near banks, supermarkets, bars, and principal tourist attractions. *******FACILITIES****** A Game room with a 32 LCD HD TV and professional Pool table. 3 computers with flat-panel with free internet and wifi Two movie rooms with a 52 LCD HD TV with DVD and an extensive movie collection. Hockey Table, foosball table and Ping Pong Table. PLAY STATION 3! with the latest games Patio with hammocks, patio sets and a heater. A kitchen good equipped. Barbicue Area *****You will find for free***** Free Individual Lockers Free tea and coca tea 24/7 Free spices to cook Free Wireless Internet Connection and 3 computers Free access to guide books from all around the world Book exchange Free Maps and Advice Free Luggage storage Free Satellite TV and films, Free bread in the mornings (we don�t offer breakfast although as courtesy there is bread for free from 7 am to 10 am and free tea and coca tea 24/7) +++++++Location++++++ If you take a taxi please say the taxi driver that our address is near to COLEGIO CLARETIANO, or in front of HOTEL CASA DE AVILA, or near the intersection of Calle san martin cuadra 1 and calle cusco cuadra 1 in vallecito almost one block away from siete esquinas +++++++++Warning about the taxi drivers+++++++++++ There is a high level of corruption between the taxis inside the bus station and some hostales! So please do not believe the taxi drivers when they try to persuade you not to come to Arequipay Backpackers Hostels taking you to other hostel, they always lie because those hostales pay the taxis commission and for sure you will not find a better hostel like Arequipay, our comments are our best guarantee! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Arequipay Backpackers Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.