“Just Great” 5 of 5 stars

Puente Grau 306, Arequipa 054, Peru   |
Lima, Lima, Peru
“Just Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It has been a wonderful staying at Bothy, I absolutely loved this hostel. All the staff have been extremely helpful, giving us lots of information around Arequipa area! They have hammocks on the rooftop, great for shilled out, the dorms are small but very well distributed only 4 bed, the staff every morning is concerned about your sleep and shower l think because the comments they have had. But, now they have a new hot water system. Personally my shower was very hot! I will definitely recommend it to all my friends.! Thanks Bothy, my first comment. but all worth it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Arequipa, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

i just wanted to make clear, that the water was perfektly warm and nice, the only thing i can imagen is that the solarpower wasn´t able to heat enough water for everbody...but this is peru...
I had an great time in the hotel loved the bar and the partys, plus my favorit spot to cill out, the hamocks on the roof! you should defently check it out.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here today. No hit showers (almost icy water). They offered discount and then said they didn't... Stay away from them!!!! I really can't understand how they got such a good reviews because you can find much better places for less

• Stayed August 2013
bothyhostels, Manager at Bothy Hostel Arequipa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Good morning gentlemen from isrrael
we apologize for the hot water, w e gave a good discounts to you and friends and iis not as you say that we did not give eny!! We recognize that it miss hot water.and not what others you mentioned!
continue to improve!
Thank you for your comments and have a good day!

Bothy Team!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hi travelers,

was looking for a cheap place in Arequipa. Found after a long time nothing lower than 20 Soles but my last try was the Bothy Hostel. For 18 Sole with lot of service (internet, breakfast and movie's) I could enjoy more than two weeks in Arequipa. The direct bar in this hostel say a welcome to you and to local people. Without to pay I had the best informations and friend with knowledge about this city and how to see this city. The owners was very friendly and helpfull. This hostel is the first hostel where I can say and write absolut excellent.

Ben

Room Tip: It excist two rooms for 18 sole. The next one to the bar should be the best. I test all ;-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Amigo
Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you had a good time in our hostel. We understand that there are always things to improve!

Cheers and have a good trip

The bothy team!
Arequipa, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I enjoyed the time at BothyHostel very much because everyone was so friendly and interested in us. Ist cheap to stay there, but the beds are super. Especially I loved the rooftop with ist beautiful view and the barbecuesessions. In the evening we had much fun in the bar of Bothy and played beer pong and met many People from all over.

Thanks Bothy for making my start in Arequipa so great!!!

Dear friend
Thank you for your comments. Continue to improve every day more and more!
Thank you for visiting.

The bothy team!
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed in Bothy hostel for a couple of weeks and had a really great time there! This hostel has the nicest staff I have experienced on my travels. The girls on reception always greet you with a big smile and are very helpful with whatever you need. Its very clean, plenty of bathrooms. The hostel is not too busy and the bar is small which is lovely as it always gets everyone together (lots of beer pong). Basic breakfast with great coffee. The rooftop terrace is my favourite with sunbeds and hammocks for relaxing in the sun with an incredible view of the snowcapped volcanoes. I hope I can come back to Bothy one day :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hello friend
Thank you for visiting bothy! We are happy that you spend a good time with us. We apologize if some things did not work at the hostel.

The bothy team
Cusco, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent my first night in another hostel in Arequipa then moved out looking for a more lively, social one in town. Since a friend of mine recommended Bothy to me i went there and found exactly what i was looking for. Had an amazing weekend. Good bar even better staff that helps you with everything you need.
I wouldnt call it a party hostel, but everybody at bar ends up at the place to be thanks to the fantastic manager raul
Facilities are not perfect (showers cant decide between hot and cold) but the rooftop terrace (among other things) definetly make up for it.
Would recommend Bothy to other travellers and would come back...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hello
We are very grateful for your visit and your comments. We Continue to improve to provide better services.

We are very sorry if some things did not work very well in the hostel!

We have a nice day!

Been to Bothy Hostel Arequipa? Share your experiences!