“Simply the BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 269 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: Cuenca´s artisan coffee roaster. We roast small batches of premium Ecuadorian coffee every other day to ensure that you recieve the best coffee for use at home. We also serve freshly brewed coffee and espresso-based drinks, both hot and cold, in our small cafe. You can accompany your drinks with our sweet or salty snacks.
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Simply the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Coffee for me is more than my morning ritual, it is how I start my day ... Ok Coffee, ok day, Good Coffee Good Day and Great Coffee GREAT DAY. Some people don't operate that way, but I do, if you do and you are in Cuenca, Ecuador, then you need to visit Nucallacta on Calle Larga --PERIOD.

When I travel I seek out the local coffee guys, the ones that get it, the ones that understand that coffee is much more than just 'important' to some people. I find the roasters, if I am in a position to make my morning cup and the purveyors of 'the bean' if I am not. In Nucallacta I found both the artisan roaster and the cup 'crafter' and that is a little bit of home for me. Not only can you speak about 5 languages in the cafe, including 'coffee', you get to marry it with some good food, conversation and some of the most interesting people you will find in Cuenca from a writer for International Living, to xpats who have lived all over the world, as well as techies, students, teachers, artists, and people to whom coffee is as important to them as it is to people like me. Through these doors come the travelers and the locals.

They serve some delicious treats and the menu is always evolving. Romy loves to talk coffee, he takes input and constructive criticism and since I hit town on December 26th, 2013, I have watched his cafe grow in interesting ways. They cater to coffee snobs, talk coffee, roast coffee and serve one of the best HUGE American size two fisted cappuccinos served outside of my kitchen.

Finely crafted coffee, personal service, solid and evolving menu, customer service the way it should be and everyday haunt for the initiated Gringo xpat community, tourists, students and people in search of a warm friendly place to enjoy good conversation -- it is real and it is a true Cuenca experience. Did I say that the prices are the best in Cuenca for a great cup of coffee?

It is the place to go for coffee because it is Simply the BEST.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cuenca, Ecuador
“Worth the walk across town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

After hearing about this cafe since we arrived in Cuenca, we made the walk across town to see what 'it' was all about. The aroma of fresh coffee greets you before you get to their doorway. This is always a good sign. We were made to feel welcome right away. Ordered our coffee, sat back to enjoy the cozy atmosphere. Our coffee / cafe tinto arrived & we took our time savouring it. The place is small & we didn't want to take up too much time just having coffee. When we paid our bill, we noticed jars of fresh beans on the counter & we were promptly given our coffee 'lesson'. Duly impressed we bought a selection of beans as well. We have returned twice more to enjoy coffee & light breakfast. The staff are very attentive & friendly, Although we enjoy our home coffee, our long walks just got better knowing that we have a great place for a break.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leuven, Belgium
“friendly people and good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

we had a nice sandwich and good coffee there. The prices where reasonable and the service great. they also sell beans. The owner is really friendly!

Visited May 2014
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador
“First rate fresh roasted coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Always searching for the best coffee in town and this is the place. Small cafe that roasts their own coffee . If you are looking for a good cup of Joe and a small meal , this is the place. Sells coffee whole or ground to take home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quito
“Excellent coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I went here for a late afternoon cup of coffee and dessert. We were not disappointed. The iced latte and cappuccino were great. For dessert it was apple pie and an almond/pecan pie. Both were excellent: lots of apple and lots of nuts. The two girls who attended to us were very friendly and knowledgeable in coffee. Since I wanted to take some coffee back with me to Quito, I asked what the differences were among the ones for sale. They ground the coffee for me and put it in a sealed plastic bag. All perfect. I recommend this little hole in the wall because it has great coffee and you can just hang out and chat. Very nice place.

• Visited May 2014