“booking ahead is a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Km 21 via al Cajas, Cuenca 010163, Ecuador   |
Ranked #5 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Cuenca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“booking ahead is a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have never been to this god forsaken place yet I am writing a review.

They have a wonderful website with a reservation page. I have filled this in no less than 4 times.
No response.
I then filled in their contact form.
No reponse.
I then e-mailed them directly.
No response.
I then called them directly and had my daughter talk to them as she is fluent in Spanish and I am not.
They stated they had the rooms available for our dates and they would e-mail her the details fpr confiming the reservation.
This was 5 days ago and no response.

How a place with this kind of customer service can stay in business is beyond me.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
pabloastudillo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Brain,

My name is Pablo Astudillo I'm Marketing and Advertising chief officer at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge. Really sorry for the inconvenience at the moment we are renovating reservations system and we apologize for it. However Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge has an excellent social media marketing strategy. We are in facebook and twitter and is very easy to contact us and there's no any problem with the feedback. Simple and fast.
Really hope you to stay at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge, is the first time that we have this kind of problems.
Please contact us. Gladly attend all your queries
hosteriadoschorrerasgc@gmail.com
pabloastudillon@hotmail.com

Regards,

Pablo Astudillo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This place is absolutely stunning! It's a little bit of a challenge to get to if you are not a Spanish speaker, but it is SOOOO worth the effort. Especially if you are looking for a little peace and quiet. This was the most peaceful place I have probably ever visited, and it provided some much-needed R&R.

There isn't as much to do when it's cold out, but overall you could spend a couple nights here and be pretty happy. Note that the long hike that they mention on their website is quite long/difficult. They mention 3 hours, it's more like 4 (and I'm not a slow hiker/walker). Also, I was SOAKED after the hike (you actually have to walk through a creek and very muddy waters to get to the lake). I don't mind doing that type of hiking, but I would have appreciated the staff telling me that I'd be happier with rubber boots, and letting me rent some or something. That was pretty annoying - especially since I came there with only one pair of pants/shoes. The shoes, at that point, were pretty much ruined.

The breakfast and coffee are awesome, and the lunch menu with the buffet for desserts was fantastic. I ate a couple of the trout selections that they provided, which were good. They weren't as flavorful as I would have liked them to be.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
pabloastudillo, Director Comercial at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear mjr0174,

Thank you very much for your stay in Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, in fact the weather is very unpredictable throughout Ecuador. Especially at Cajas in one hour we can have the four seasons.

Hope for you soon to visit us again,

Sincerly,

Pablo Astudillo.
Machala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were married on July 2 in 2011 and we have already planned our honneymoon a few months ago, which will be in september and october in Las Vegas and Florida. But weeks before marriage we `traveled to Cuenca by reason of work, we stopped at Dos Chorreras, and it was enough to fall in love of the place! The nature is beatiful , the hosteria is literally at the foot of the mountain.
The hotel es very cozy, with a warm and rustic enviromments that invites you to rest and relax.
We stayed in room number 10 very nice cozy, take the honey moon package, wich included room decor with flowers, candles, chocolates, chesse tray, ham, olives and mushrooms, bottle of wine, many petals of roses.
We loved this room, had king size bed, very confortable and warm, a jacuzzy for two next to the fireplace, in the bathroom within the shower had a rock embedded, the floor on the bathroom was always warm, like the bed, as they have a system of pipes below them, by wich runs hot water, wich is very pleasant.
This room had a large glazed with a view to private garden with trees endemic to the area, we were woken up by the sound of singing of the birds, wich surely had treir nests near, beautiful....
There are many activities to be perfomed the hosteria, horseback riding, trekking, trout sport fishing, my husband loved, had trapped three of them and bought home where cooked it.
The hotel service was very good, its staff helpful and very friendly.
The food in the restaurant was very good, and in the weekends there is dessert buffet.
We did no regret having chosen Dos Chorreras for our first honeymoon, it is a dream place, we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Room number 10 is very warm if you don't like cool weather, because is inside the hosteria.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
pabloastudillo, Director of Sales at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
We are really pleased that you spend and enjoy your first honey moon at Hosteria dos Chorreras. At the moment we are working on to get some better every day. Hope to see you back very soon.
Regards,
Hcda. Hosteria dos Chorreras team.
Cuenca, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nestled in the foothills of Cajas nature reserve is a little gem. If you fancy splurging on your loved one for an evening, go and have a look at the rooms (number 10 is divine) and make a decision. Rustic is the operative word here, with luxurious touches in all the right places. The restaurant serves fresh local trout with trimmings and good wine is available. The staff are fabulous too.

Graham, Cuenca

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
pabloastudillo, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thanks very much for the comment, you are really welcome.
Hope to see you soon in Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge.

Been to Hosteria dos Chorreras Lodge? Share your experiences!