“Centrally located clean hostel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa Cuencana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cuenca
La Casa Cuencana
You added La Casa Cuencana to your Saves list
Hermano Miguel 4-45 Between Calle Larga and Honorato Vazquez | Hermano Miguel 4-45 Between Calle Larga and Honorato Vazquez, Cuenca, Ecuador   |
Ranked #7 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Cuenca
West London, United Kingdom
“Centrally located clean hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hostel is dated but good value for its central location. The family who run this hostel are extremely welcoming and very helpful. There is a range of room options on offer from dorms, private with shared bathroom and private with bathroom and with or without breakfast. WiFi is good. Breakfast is delicious and includes fruit with yogart and cereal, eggs, breads, tea and coffee. .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Isla Taboga, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we were given a nice upgrade at no extra charge. Although the room was on the third floor we found it clean and comfortable. The owner and her sons were extremely nice. The location is on a street with other hostals and all the services you might need are close by. There was some noisy activity down the street one night, but we slept well nonetheless. We hope to return to Cuenca someday because we didn't have nearly enough time there, and we will return to this hostal when we do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The first time I arrived in Cuenca I'd decided to check out La Casa Cuencana due to the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I arrived on a Saturday night and was offered a dorm room to myself, and I've stayed there every time I've been back (about once a month for the past four months). I've been in two of the three buildings that are part of the hostel. The main building has more dorms and my ONLY complaint is that there's not always enough bathroom to go around when the place is busy, but if the upstairs bathroom is occupied the downstairs one usually is not.

The family who owns the place is super friendly and very accommodating. They give you a key to the room, so you're free to come and go without disturbing anyone. There's wifi, breakfast (which is new in the last month or so, I haven't tried it yet), and the location is perfect - right down the steps from the Tomebamba River and it's pathways, within walking distance of everything in the center of town. I've always left my bags there for a few hours after check-out on the day I leave, with no problems.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a really nice, clean hostel on a fairly busy road, in an area of Cuenca with plenty of bars and restaurants. The owner and her son (we think) were very welcoming and friendly.
The breakfasts were really good and worth paying for.

It felt very much like a family; although we were also told not to put our bags on the bed and also had our door knocked on to see if we were smoking when someone on the street was smoking nearby, which was a bit weird. But other than that, it was great!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just as described in my guide book when I was looking for an hostel to stay in Cuenca, "Martha", the owner of this 3 building hostel, was just adorable and and made sure we were going to feel at home a la casa cuencana. The hostel lies at a great location, by some of the best restaurants and museums. It's really clean and well frequented. We also booked a day tour with Martha's son, a very interesting and knowledgeable certified tour guide and naturalist. For me, the best place I experienced to stay in Ecuador!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent 2 days in this hostel. Martha the owner is wonderful. It's not exensive at all, the breakfast is huge with fresh fruits, cereal, yogurt etc. She helped me to call my precedent guesthouse where I had left some stuffs. She talked to rhe owner and try to help me the most she could. Her son is also a guide. He loves to talk about his culture and he is passionated. I would recommend it!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Missoula, New York, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days and thought it was a great place. Marta the owner is great. We stayed in the building next door that they just bought and were finishing it up the day we got there so we were the first ones to stay in a brand new room with private bath and it even had a balcony.

The only drawback was the noise at night, which slowed down around 200am.

It is located in a very advantageous area for walking everywhere.

Just across the street is a nice little cafe that we ate at each morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Casa Cuencana? Share your experiences!