“Great pasta and great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 578 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
“Great pasta and great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Pasta, salad and a drink for $6 is a great deal and I liked the food so much I returned the following night. You can choose your pasta and sauce, and the choice of drink includes wine or beer - I had red wine which was very nice. The home made garnishes were delicious. The service was good too. Definitely recommended.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok
“Good pizza in relaxed setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This is not the place for you if you are looking for a fancy restaurant, I think this is the reason for some of the negative reviews. If you want a relaxed evening in basic surroundings with a wood fired pizza including a good range of toppings - this is for you.
We had a meaty pizza and it was authentic and delicious. Maybe it could have been cooked for a minute more to add some crisp to the base. There were no bottles of wine available when we were there, but the by the glass red was drinkable. Medium pizzas were about $10 which was reasonable value and they were served quickly. Just don't expect a 5 star restaurant - it is what it is.

Visited July 2014
Northwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Although the restaurant itself is not at all fancy, for a quick pizza after visting the National Museum, it was perfect. Friendly staff, good service, nice clean loos and finally, really good pizza.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mindo, Ecuador
“5 Stars and a Great Low Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I live in a small town outside of Quito, and while visiting Quito today a friend and I happened upon La Pasteria for lunch. What luck! It excelled in every way, and I can be a stern critic when it comes to restaurants! But this one did not disappoint in any way. The service was prompt, courteous and friendly without being intrusive. The menu had great selections...when we asked for ice for our cokes, it was cheerfully delivered. Service wise, they totally won my heart when they did not hesitate to accept a $50.00 bill. And as anyone who travels in South or Central America knows, these two things, ice and change, are hard to come by! The menu had a beautiful selection of Italian dishes and pizzas...literally something for everyone. Meanwhile, a nice fire was heating the brick oven while adding to the pleasant and cozy ambiance of the restaurant. We chose the lunch special for $6.00, which included a nice fresh salad (simple iceberg and tomatoes, with a very good dressing) and your choice of many Italian entrees, along with a soft drink of your choice. We were served 12 once cokes. The meal was served with two wonderful condiments on the table (spicy garlic and parsley in olive oil and another which I couldn't quite get a handle on as far as the ingredients that might have gone into it...both were excellent) For the entree, I selected the meat ravioli with a tomato/basil cream sauce that went beyond all expectations. It was simply delicious. My friend was just as happy with her choice of spaghetti in a red sauce with bacon and some other tasty ingredients. To my appetite, the portion sizes were excellent, but if you like to take some home, don't count on it. We ate everything, and it was more than enough.

I expect that the pizza is outstanding too....will write about it the next time I visit, which will be the next time I'm in Quito!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great for vegetarians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Followed Trip Advisor's advice to try this place. As a vegetarian, it was nice to see more than one thing on the menu I could eat. For $8.50, I got a small pizza, soda, and big slab of caramel flan.