“Great guide for Quito trips.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 activities in Quito
Attraction Details
Burlington, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Great guide for Quito trips.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I found Lets Go To Ecuador here on TA when looking for a guide for a day trip from Quito. I contacted Jamie and Angela and ended up setting up a trip to Mindo as well as transfers from the airport to our hotel. Angela met us at the airport upon our arrival and drove us into Quito. She is originally from Quito and was great to talk to about the area. Jamie picked us up for our trip to Mindo at the hotel. We ended up stopping at the Mitad del Mundo, doing a waterfall hike, a chocolate tour, butterfly farm and hummingbird watching. Jamie is a nice, easy going guy that is easy to talk to and willing to do about whatever you want to do. He even drove us to a store that was out past Mindo to get some great chocolate at a little store. Ever thing was prompt and extremely reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend them for any tours that you are interested in and for airport transfers as well.

Visited July 2013

Ontario
12 attraction reviews
“A friend in a foreign land”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, let me just say that we never met Jamie and Angela. Much of our communication was by email and responses to our inquiries were answered within 24 hrs. We had arranged a tour and transfer with them for our arrival. As a result of TACA cancelling our flights at the last moment we had to cancel everything. We found out the day before our arrival and were horrified. Angela and Jamie were great about it.

Within 2 hrs of landing in Quito we found out our Galapagos cruise had been cancelled. We were desperate and at a loss of where to proceed. Turning around and heading home was not an option as we had plans in the Galapagos island for the following week. We knew date availability but being in a foreign country with only 4 hrs sleep under our belt we felt snookered.

I contacted Angela by email and within 2 hrs she called back to give us some options trying to get us the best last minute deal. She directed us to a local TA and provided us with as much info as she could glean from them. Our problems were solved easily by Angela and we are really grateful that despite our cancellations she was professional and gracious enough to help us out in a time of challenge.

We're hoping on returning and finally meeting the lovely people that took the time to help us out!

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

After contacting several agencies in Quito for a driver/quide, we were glad we chose the services of Angela and Jamie Hally, From the start Angela was extremely responsive to all of my inquiries. E-mails were returned promptly and different itineraries suggested along with all pricing options. As we only had 1 week in Ecuador we wanted to see as much as we could.
Jamie was waiting for us at the airport on our Saturday afternoon arrival. He then drove us to our condo in Quito (about 1 hour), where our family spent the 1st 2 nights. Along the way his information about Quito and the surrounding areas was very informative. Angela provided a copy of our itinerary and brochures on surrounding sights, along with a bar of chocolate, as a welcome to their country. At our arrival to the condo, Jamie helped us with entry into the building (our Spanish is extremely limited) and provided assistance with luggage to our 9th floor unit. Jamie also suggested we do the Hop On/Hop Off bus tour on our 1st full day in Quito. This was a great way to see the city.
Jamie returned promptly Monday morning for our early departure to Tena. In route we stopped at the Papallacta Springs. Jamie let us know that we could stay as long as we wanted with no time constraints. On our arrival to Tena, Jamie suggested a great restaurant for lunch. After lunch we were off to find the property that I had booked independently. This took us across a 1 lane bridge, which Jamie navigated with no qualms. In the morning we decided to visit Misahualli and see the monkeys, (this was not in our original itinerary, but was no problem for Jamie). In Misahualli, Jamie suggested we do the river canoe to the animal reserve and a native village. He negotiated a price and was able to come with us, at no additional costs, as he was our guide. Once again it was great to have him along do to the language barrier. On arrival to Banos, and after a nice dinner and good beer, we had a quick look around the town. We did further exploration the next morning and then off to Pujli for the Wednesday market. This was a enjoyable experience. Next stop was our return to Quito. As our hotel was located on La Ronda St, once again Jamie helped with the luggage and got us settled into our new surroundings.
Although we only had the services of Jamie for 2 nights and 3 days (not including airport transport), we saw so much and our experience was only enhanced by the company of Jamie. We missed his services almost immediately and wish we would have booked for the entire week. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend the services of Angela and Jamie Hally from Lets Go To Ecuador. We hope to visit again next year, and they will be my 1st point of contact.

Visited June 2013
Halifax, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“The perfect way to explore all around Quito Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Jamie and Angela greeted me at the airport as if we were old friends. Angela, an Ecuadorian assisted me with my delayed bag which considering I spoke no Spanish was a godsend. Jamie, a fellow Canadian was the best tour guide I have ever worked with. He is easy, fun company and every bit as knowledgeable as Angela is about her beloved Ecuador and it's easy to see why they love it so much. Ecuador is amazing, and the area around Quito has so much to offer. I had the privledge of visiting for 8 weeks and used the service of Jamie & Angela exclusively for all my excursions. They are very reasonably priced especially when you consider I am a solo traveller. No waiting for groups, private tours, it just doesn't get any better. Every single place we went they allowed me to take as long as I wanted and were never impatient. One trip, to the Papallacta hot springs, Jamie was prepared to wait however many hours I wanted at the spa, no time limits, amazing. Same for leather shopping in Cotacachi, twice :), where we had a delicious 4 course lunch for $4. The benefit of being with locals. We went to Tena for overnight and a mini-custom tailored Amazon adventure which was again private & incredible. Banos, Otavello, Cotopaxi , the middle of the world monument and the "GPS" center just 100 yards away, a Cacao farm, on and on. Did you ever see a hummingbird with cottonball feet? We did, just outside Mindo.
To sum up if you ever go to Ecuador you will not regret taking as many days as you can and visit the area around Quito nor will you regret using Jamie and Angela for your guides.

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I first met Jaime when he picked me up at the airport, which was pre-arranged through the vacation rental I was staying at. Jaime is a Canadian ex-pat, so language was no problem. He and I hit it off immediately, as he is fun to talk with, and a font of knowledge about Quito and the entire country of Ecuador. Therefore, I decided to hire him for two full day trips up into the Andes Mountains, and then down into the rainforests. He drives his own car, and is a very good and safe driver. Doing these one-on-one tours was clearly the right idea, as it was comfortable, reasonably priced, informative and a very personal experience. He was acquainted with many people along our routes, so I got to meet some interesting local people, and visit restaurants and places that the larger tours mostly miss. Jaime and I got to be good friends, and I am very grateful for the opportunities his knowledge and flexibility afforded me. I will try to arrange personal tours like Jaime's from now on. The best way to go. Jaime also took me back to the airport, again safely and reasonably.

Visited April 2013