“Wonderful Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Gardenia

You added Hotel Casa Gardenia to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Gardenia
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Benalcazar n9-42 and Oriente, Quito 00000, Ecuador   |
Ranked #6 of 154 Quito B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Wonderful Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you´re looking for a boutique hotel in Quito, look no further. The Hotel Casa Gardenia is an absolute gem.

Perfectly located - in the historic center, just a few blocks from the main square - this nine-room hotel is sleek and contemporary while respecting the original architecture of the area. The views from the hotel´s spacious living-room-style lounges - on several levels - are remarkable. The guest rooms are comfortable, clean, and well appointed - great beds, sheets, towels, toiletries, wifi - and there´s plenty of space to move around. Of note - if you´re staying in Quito on your return from the Galapagos, you will be pleased to find the water pressure tremendous, and the hot water in abundance.

If you really want a special treat - opt for one of the top-floor premium rooms. You´ll see.

The vibe here is easy and chic, and the service is friendly and attentive. English is widely spoken among the staff, and if you get a chance to speak to the owner, his concern for your well-being and positive guest experience is immediately apparent.

Hotel Casa Gardenia is the kind of place that makes one feel relaxed and at home. So much so, you might consider missing your flight out of town in order to spend a few more days at this particularly delightful haven.

Highly Recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
miguel e, Propietario at Hotel Casa Gardenia, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear John
It is so kind from you such nice comments about Hotel Casa Gardenia.
It makes us very happy to let you have a nice stay in Quito and the Hotel.
We allready fix those Little but important details to improve
Hope to have you back some time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is like home away from home! I can only say good things. The proprietor is friendly, knowledgeable and obviously cares that his guests have a good experience. He and his assistant speak excellent English, so it is great if your Spanish is not yet up to speed! Everyone is friendly. The modern facilities are comfortable and stylish. All in all, a great place to stay in the older section of Quito. The hotel IS open 24 hours per day, so if you arrive late in the night like we did, you do not need to worry about getting in.

Room Tip: All rooms seem nice. if you want a larger room ask for one of the rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Char $ Dan
It is so nice to know that you felt confortable and at home in Hotel Casa Gardenia.
We wish you the best in your travel arround South America.
You know we will be allways happy to assist you as a trudly friends
Thank you so much for your nice comments
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The host of the hotel is very nice and likes to chat, he is very funny. The trips he sended me on where very cultural and rich in expirence, the thing I liked the most is the people there that were of a high class.

• Stayed September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, modern place to stay in Quito - Casa Gardenia is the place for you. It's in Old Town, which is great if you're hoping to visit old churches, monasteries, the Virgin of Quito or the Basilica. The rooms are very comfortable and there is RELIABLE free WiFi, which can be hard to find at other hotels in Quito. The shower is also amazing - lots of hot water and great water pressure! Breakfast is also a good treat with fresh eggs, pastries, fruit, juice, cheese and good coffee. The views from the terraces are also amazing.
The best thing about Casa Gardenia though is the helpful staff - if you need anything they are more than willing to help you. Andres is the owner and he is so welcoming and helpful. Because we came during a non-busy time, he allowed us a very late check out (like, 6 pm) because our flight out was at midnight. Everyone was really terrific - we would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kare
Thank you so much for your nice comments. It is very kind of you.
We are so glad to be part of a nice stay in Quito.
It was a real pleasure to have you as our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for over a week and we were so happy with the level of service from all the staff.

They really took care of us while we were there and went out if their way to help us throughout or trip.

The place was clean, stylish and centrally located. I couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Farah & Henry
Thank you so much for such nice comments
It has been a real pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope you had a great time in Quito and Ecuador
If you come back we will be very pleased to serve you again
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'd booked another hotel and called to reconfirm while on a layover in San Salvador and they informed me of a gas leak and that my room wasn't available. I booked at Casa Gardenia via the Expedia app on my phone, then called to make sure it would be okay, since my flight was arriving very late at night. I got to the hotel at 2 am and the owner was there waiting.

The rooms were well appointed, nice decor, very comfortable beds. I liked the modern look, while the historic building stayed in tact. The bathroom had nice fixtures, with piping hot water. Breakfast was good, and I sipped coffee on the rooftop deck with sweeping views over Old Town Quito. There was free wifi, which is always good. It had only opened the month before and the owner Andres was extremely helpful with local information and about other places I was planning to visit in Ecuador.

I stayed in a street-side room, which could be noisy for some, but I'm from NYC, so it didn't bother me at all.

Only problem was I liked my stay so much, I booked again for one night before I was flying out a month later. I booked it (again) through the mobile app about two days ahead of time, but when I arrived no one was there. I waited a few hours, came back, and still no one there. Even called the phone number, but with no answer, so I found another place for the night. Too bad, I would like to have stayed again! It's a small hotel, so I'd recommend calling to confirm your reservation. Otherwise, it's a perfect spot.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to street noise, choose an interior room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kim
Thank you so much for being so kind writing such nice comments.
We are very concerned about the inconvenient by a missunderstanding with your second booking as we didnt received on time.
If you come back to Quito we will offer you a free night and it will make us very happy to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was a great place to stay. Very clean and modern, and close to old town. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I got sick while I was there and the manager went out and bought some medicine for me. Breakfast was great and ready when you woke up. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Quito. Thank you Andreas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Casa Gardenia? Share your experiences!