“Wish someone cared” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 106 Hotels in Quito
NJ
“Wish someone cared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this marriott before and after my Galapagos cruise.
The hotel is beautiful The restaurant La Hacienda was excellent.
Our first room 349 was excellent.
BUT on our return visit we had room 337. There was a endless noise of either a service elevator or a power drill. I am clueless to what this noise was.
I complained to the front desk to get a different room. The clerk said sorry and no rooms.
Perhaps it was a language problem. But it was a sleepless night leading to an early morning flight.
My advice....stay away from room 337!

Room Tip: request a quiet room. NOT 337!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edison R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear guest:
It has come to my attention your comments in relation to your stay with us. We are glad you found pleasant your stay with us also we regret that you were unable to properly rest the second stay, Corrective actions have been taken regarding room assignment. Please accept our apologize
We Look forward to receive your visit in a near future

Sincerely

Edison Riofrio
Quality Coordinator
JW Marriott Quito
Edison.riofrio@marriott.com
5939 99547818

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our flight was delayed two hours and the hotel held our reservations as we strolled in at 2AM. The rooms were superbly appointed (we had a traveling party of 4, so had two rooms)--the front desk folks were gracious and made us feel at home. The breakfast buffet was excellent, but not included in our room rate. Still, a bargain. All in all, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I spent 6 nights at the JW Marriott and were very happy with the room, the service, and the personnel that we had interaction with. We had use of the Executive Lounge and it was great. The breakfasts, the snacks, the drinks, the deserts, and the people there were just great.

I did have a bad experience with dinner one night and the way it was handled separates the JW Marriott, Quito, from the pack. I ordered dinner at the main bar and it was not good. The remedy was not good. They were very busy (during a World Cup Match) and in the end I decided to not eat anything. The staff did not charge for the food and gave my three companions a discount on their food. At no time did I ever identify myself; it wasn't important.

An hour after we left two of my companions, who were in another room, received a call from the restaurant manager asking for my name. She declined. The next morning there was a knock on my room door and when my wife opened it, a staff member had a gift package of Ecuadorian chocolate for me, with a very nice, personalized note, from the restaurant manager apologizing for my experience. As I said, I never identified myself and so it took work and perseverance on the part of the staff to find me and then the note and the gift were beyond what was required. It did not stop there. Later that morning I had breakfast in the dinning room and the manager came over to my table and personally apologized for the previous evening's experience. We never met before and I do not know how she identified me. Like I have said, I never gave anyone my name at the time of the incident and I never complained to anyone beyond rejecting the food.

I am impressed. The efforts were beyond what was necessary and they were carried out with class and quality.

Would I stay at the JW Marriott, Quito, again? In a heartbeat. It is a wonderful facility, the rooms are very comfortable, and the staff are first rate.

I had a bad experience with dinner, but more importantly I had a great

Room Tip: Get access to the Executive Lounge
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed there for three nights recently, nice ish hotel but does need a little TLC, a little past it's opening day glitz and glamour I feel.

Alcohol pricing at the bar are at another level, this is eye watering to say the least, best plan is to hop over the road and drink in on of the many bars that are within easy walking distance.

Restaurant was totally deserted, probably due to the prices charge, nice food but again wow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pamplona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Location of the hotel is very convenient, in a very safe part of Quito and conveniently located to visit the city and move around.

Rooms are very big and comfortable with a big bathroom as well. The only negative aspect I would say is the hotel is starting to be slightly old and so is the decoration of the rooms and aircon can be noisy. In any event they do not lack any comfort at all.

Restaurants are nice and so is the breakfast buffet. Hotel facilities are very nice albeit some starting to age, such as the spa. The outdoor pool is fantastic.

Service is very helpful and smiley.

In terms of quality/price this hotel ranks very well.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very good service. I think that's part of the Ecuadorian culture. For Ecuador, this is probably one of the best hotels but, by my standards, it is a 3 star. First, hotel did not show up to pick us up at the airport. It cost us $55 for a taxi (an hour drive) to the hotel. It's a fine hotel, just not terribly clean. Our room smelled like tar, the furniture was old.

Room Tip: Get high up, even though you're already at 10,000 feet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are confident that with your feedback we can improve our service.
let me inform you that we have not found any pending transport request.
In order to personalize your reservations and service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely
Edison Riofrío
edison.riofrio@marriott.com
Becker, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great hotel. Clean, safe, modern and with friendly staff. The location was in a safe neighborhood, too. The staff are helpful, so take advantage of that. There is a beautiful pool, ATM on site, restaurant and business center with computer and printer access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Quito? Share your experiences!