“Amazing Service Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 107 hotels in Quito
Green Bay
“Amazing Service Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

What a wonderful start to our vacation in Ecuador! We chose to stay at this hotel a couple of nights before our tour. We could not be happier with our choice. After a long day of travel upon arrival we were treated to a glass of sparkling blackberry juice and a friendly check in. The lobby was beautiful decorated with stunning roses. We found the executive rooms to be well worth the splurge with the included internet and lounge access including snacks and drinks. Definitely a haven after a long day of touring! The rooms were very nice with comfortable bedding and a large soaking tub. Breakfast was delicious and service outstanding. We had left early for a tour one morning and would not have had a chance to confirm our dinner reservations which we had made previously from home. The concierge was not available yet so I spoke with another employee to leave a message for the concierge to see if he could reconfirm our reservations. When we got back from our tour sure enough there was a note from the concierge in our room stating that he had reconfirmed our reservations with detailed directions. Now this is service! If we ever have the pleasure of coming back to Quito, we will plan to stay at the JW Marriott.

Room Tip: The executive lounge is well worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

652 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

On a recent trip to Ecuador I had an accident which required surgery and the use of crutches. This required me to stay at a hotel and not with family friends as planned.This hotel promptly put me in a handicap room and provided the hotel wheelchair for my personal use on and off the property if needed. The doormen came to recognize me as needing additional attention because of this condition and where always jumping to my aid when I can into their view. The entire hotel staff went out of their way to seek ways to help me in my hour of need and I will never forget their kindness and attention. Marriott properties are always the best, but this one went way above the call of duty for me and I will never forget it.
The rooms were clean and nicely furnished and the king bed was like sleeping on a cloud...unbelievably welcome after spending two sleepless nights in the hospital. The lobby and adjoing restaurants, stores and bar area were beatifully decorated and wonderfully staffed with friendly people always ready to attend to your every need. It is worth a visit to the lobby just to gaze at the hundreds of fresh roses in massive arrangements.
This is definately the most accomodating and beautiful hotel in which it has been my pleasure to lay my head. I only hope that I have occasion to go back under healthier circumstances!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a trip to the Galápagos Islands. Since the booking was made by the travel company (Celebrity Cruises), I presented my Marriott Platinum membership card at the front desk to ensure I got credit for the stay. We were made particularly welcome and valued as a regular stayer. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable with the famous Marriott bed. Nice nibbles in the Concierge Lounge, but it did seem that some booze had to be paid for; we had 2 complimentary drinks as part of the cruise package—so not a real problem.

We ate at the sushi bar for dinner of the first night, but made the mistake of ordering the Kamikaze Sushi, which was far too much to eat even one between two.

Can't really speak to the location of the hotel as we were ferried backwards and forwards by the tour staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dursley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels but the mattresses in this hotel were deep and wonderful. The rooms we had for the two separate stays were spacious and very pleasant.
After our cruise around the Galápagos Islands I was distinctly unwell and needed more antibiotics, the tablets were in our room within the hour courtesy of the hotel staff; very impressive.
The executive lounge was a bonus with its free wifi and food all for $80/day for two of us.
The outside pool was heated and the towels provided.
An excellent hotel.
We were able to book on our flight saving time at the airport using the hotel's business centre.
We certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013
SANIBEL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Nov. 21-24, 2013 and Dec. 8-9. 2013. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are plush and comfortable. Most of all the service, from all the staff from housekeeping to front desk are wonderful. The front desk went above and beyond to accommodate us as we had some non hotel related issues to overcome. We used the concierge club on the Nov. stay. This Marriott is well staffed and the staff is well trained!! If only all hotels would treat you this good. I'm sitting in the lobby checked out of my room but do not leave for the airport for another 3 hours. I went to the front desk to buy internet time and they just gave me 4 hours of free internet. Thank you again J.W. Marriott.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything worked, service great. Easy, safe walk to Mariscal area. Or 15min/$6-8 cab to either cable car up mountain or to Old Town.
Note as not particularly clear on their website, it's $30-40 to get a yellow cab from new Quito airport to the Hotel and no problem getting a cab at 1.00AM from the well run taxi rank just out the front from custom hall.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

A very comfortable hotel with an amazing friendly staff..
The rooms are cosy, comfortable and big. Great bathroom: seperate bathtub, shower.
Long list of tv channels to chose from.
Great breakfast, good gym,nice pool
I mean if you know the JW brand you know what to expect and you get it!

But mostly the staff; friendly, efficient and helpful!

Loved the historical old part of the city and there are some great things to see and do in the neighborhood. But keep in mind that Quito is highly situated and that any physical activity will take a bit more adjustment.
I wish I could see more of the country!
Had a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Quito? Share your experiences!