“Adventure Loop was perfect for us-” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 79 Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Owner description: Barefoot Expeditions is a travel agency and tour operator with German-Ecuadorian management based in Quito offering you unique trips all over Ecuador and the Galapagos islands. We are specialized in adventure travel (rafting, kayaking, biking, trekking etc.) and offer tailor-made tours for individual travelers or groups according to your special needs. We provide personalized and reliable service in Spanish, English and German. Our mission is to enable you to spend the vacation in Ecuador you have always dreamt about - close to nature, full of extraordinary experiences and cultural insights...simply a unique experience you will never forget!
Palo Alto, California
“Adventure Loop was perfect for us-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I had just one week to experience Ecuador; thank goodness we booked a tour with Diego and Kerstin. The Adventure Loop suited us perfectly. Some highlights: Day 1: climbing (and biking) part of the Cotopaxi (to 5,000m). Day 2: mountain biking to a 1km zip line, bungee jumping, waterfall hiking, 'canyoning', and hot springs. Day 3: world-class white water rafting with the most knowledgeable guides I've ever encountered (including Diego, the owner of Barefoot). Day 4: caving, indigenous village visit, and relaxing hot springs. Tremendous! More importantly, Diego and Kerstin took care of us every step of the way- from airport pick up, to outstanding lodging and meal choices, and dedicated transportation each and every day.

We will travel to Ecuador again- next time we will take our two kids- and will definitely book a tour with Barefoot.

Visited July 2012
Management_Barefoot, Director of Sales at Barefoot Expeditions - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, Jim! We are so glad that you and Alexa enjoyed your stay and the adventure loop. We would be happy to welcome you again in Ecuador with your kids to experience some more family adventures!

Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Super reliable service & great tours :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked several trips with Barefoot Expeditions when I was in Ecuador last time. A friend recommended me to contact the agency and I didn´t regret it: everything was even better than I expected! Reliable service, all the payments went smooth and all my questions were answered quickly. Kerstin and Diego organized different tours for me that I totally enjoyed: Otavalo with its market, trek around the Cuicocha lagoon, Banos, 4 days in the Cuyabeno reserve, but also the discovery of Quito and a rafting day... They are both really nice and helpful persons, they have regularly kept contact with me throughout my trip and gave me great advice for accomodation. I can just say: don’t hesitate to contact Barefoot Expeditions for your trip in Ecuador!

Visited May 2012
Merci, Anne Sophie :-) After having been twice to Ecuador, you already noticed that Ecuador is sooo diverse...hope you come back soon to discover more of Galapagos, the coast, the South of Ecuador and so on. You are very welcome!
Milan, Italy
8 attraction reviews
“helpful beyond expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Barefoot Expeditions helped me plan and book a fantastic trip to the Galapagos Islands. Although I booked nearly last minute and on a limited budget, they helped me find the perfect cruise, sticking with me through a couple setbacks and in constant contact- I always knew the pros and cons of each decision with well- researched, informative emails from Barefoot. They are super friendly- Ive enjoyed every interaction and conversation. They also gave travel advice above and beyond what I had planned with them: their love of travel and of Ecuador really shows. When I plan a return visit to Ecuador to explore Banos and Cuenca, they'll be my first call. Thanks Kerstin and Diego!!!!!!

Visited June 2012
Dear Emily,
thanks so much for your positive comment about our services :-) It was great to have you here and help you discover the amazing Galapagos islands! Hope you enjoyed your time in Perú.
Brussels, Belgium
“Friendly, efficient and reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We just returned from a 3 week holiday in Ecuador, all of which was organised by Barefoot. Travelling from Europe it was great to have a local operator who helped us maximise our time in Ecuador within our budget. The contact during the build up to the trip was efficient and friendly, all our questions- even the smallest were swiftly answered. When we arrived at our hotel the first night there was a note from Kirsten which already made us feel at ease. The next day she met up with us and gave us our complete itinery-8 day tour of galapagos, 3 day Jungle trip, 2 day Cotopaxi trip plus 1 day tour of Otavalo market. When we returned to Quito after each stage there was always contact and advice with clear instruction on where we were going next. The hotels chosen by Kirsten were perfect- full of Quito charm, the trips top class and of high quality. It would not have been possible for us to organise such a trip from here and visit all the wonderful sights we saw in such a short space of time. Unfortunately we did not have time to go on a rafting adventure with Diego-maybe next time!!

Visited May 2012
Dear Maeve,
thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Ecuador and that we could contribute to this great trip - there is so much more to discover...hope you come back soon! Greeting to Barbara!
Best regards, Kerstin
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
“Thank you Barefoot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

When I decided to start practicing rafting, fortunately I found Barefoot, they have made of every trip a great experience, I have always felt safe and made new friends from all over the world, the best option for adventure trips in Ecuador...

Visited January 2012
Gracias Belén :-) Thank you for being our No. 1 rafting fan and paddling hard! See you soon again on the river :-)
Saludos de Kerstin