“Great spot, something for everyone” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 9 Nightlife in Quito
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Finn's is a friendly local pub filled with travelers, ex-pats, locals and more. We have a good selection of drinks, a warm fire, Irish pub grub, free pool, darts and foosball and show tons of live sports. It's good spot to meet people early evening and then the party gets lively as the night goes on. We're Irish owned and run and try to mix the best of Irish hospitality and warmth with Ecuadorian charm. We hope you'll enjoy your time with us - many have found it hard to leave! :)
Dublin, Ireland
“Great spot, something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited Finn McCools during a period spent travelling in Ecuador and was glad to find a friendly Irish pub away from home. Everything I would expect from an Irish pub at home; friendly people, good pints and plenty of craic. A great spot for a chilled out pint during the day with a great nightlife atmosphere as the evening progresses. I found it a great place to meet both Ecuadorians and other travellers and liked the option of interchanging between speaking english and spanish depending on my level of spanish-learning enthusiasm on the night - an opportunity I found to be extremely rare in Ecuador. I found the drink deals to be pretty good with 2x1 during happy hour and their pub quizzes on a Tuesday nights kept me well entertained. Of course the good 'ole sheperd's pie and fish and chips options on their food probably helped too...5 stars.

Visited June 2013

“Best Pub in Ecuador!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is an excellent Irish Pub set in Quito. The atmosphere there is amazing, the staff are great and the cusotmers in general are really friendly. It is like a home away from home! They had quiz nights, live bands and played any sports on a screen, going out of their way to find particular live matches for customers. I loved it and will definately be going there again when I go back to Quito!

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Depends on what you want....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stopped by for a meal and a drink. We gave up on the meal in favor of a local Chifa (Chinese) place down the road. The Guinness is monumentally expensive ($14usd IIRC) but the other normal beers are locally priced but priced at twice the price of the Chifa food place down the road. The music is loud but we think they noticed our anger and switched it down (kudos to the manager!). They are super nice and friendly and this is why they get four stars. Its traditional, friendly, nice and homely and we would go there again. The toilets were OK with toilet roll and according to my wife they were "fine". As far as pubs go it was OK and if you want a drink then its a fine choice. fF you want food there are cheaper and also more expensive options so drink here....eat elsewhere. Recommended yes. Beers about $4usd but they have two for one on some spirits and mixers. 4 drinks were $13 so OK considering my comments about the Chifa (where a large beer $1.50)

Visited May 2013
Quito, Ecuador
“Great time, great people!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have always had a fun time while in Finn McCools. I've gone to trivia night a few times and always enjoyed it. I loved the fact that the proceeds go to charity and that the questions were in English. There happy hour is two for one and the drinks were strong! I definitely get my moneys worth. The food is also very tasty; the shepherds pie and fired potatoes are to die for. I definitely recommend that you visit this bar!

Visited April 2013
Quito, Ecuador
3 attraction reviews
“Home away from home, no drama.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I studied in Quito for a semester and visited Finn McCools a fair amount of times. The environment is always relaxed and there is usually a great group of people. If Spanish isn't your strong suite have no fear, all the staff to my knowledge, speak English. The bar is good for hanging out and relaxing, there is music, good music, but its not made to be a dance club, even though many people make exceptions. If you are interested they have Trivia Night on Tuesdays which is pretty fun and it's for charity. The shepherds pie is also amazing, and they have guinness, it's a little pricy but hey it's nice when you get sick of Pilsner and Club. Definitely recommend a visit! The only time there's been any downside for me is it getting shut down on St. Pattys day for being over capacity, but hey when you're in Quito the Irish pubs are scarce.

Visited March 2013