“You should stay at the Hotel Bonanza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quito Hotel Bonanza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quito
Quito Hotel Bonanza
Pampa, Calle K-7-175 | Pomosqui, Quito, Ecuador   |
Ranked #60 of 143 Quito B&B and Inns
Jackson, Alabama
“You should stay at the Hotel Bonanza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I visited Cuenca, EC for about seven weeks in September and October. Upon our return to the USA, we needed a place to stay overnight in Quito on November 2, 2011. We were very fortunate to discover the Hotel Bonanza and the owners, Patrick & Nora Minga. Their policy is to pick you up upon arrival at the Quito airport and return you to the airport when you need to be there. They welcome you and treat you as family during your entire stay. Truly a wonderful family and a great place to stay during your overnight (or more) in Quito.

David J. Wright

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Patrick and Nora Minga are excellent hosts. With Patrick as our guide we saw and experienced Ecuador as someone who lived there rather than as a visitor. You will feel right at home as they make you feel welcome from the instant you arrive until the time you leave. We could not have asked for a better experience and would welcome the opportunity to stay with them again. With Patrick being from the US and Nora from Ecuador, you get a unique insight into the customs and traditions from both perspectives, we learned very much in our stay with them. If you are looking for a safe, clean, home style place to stay with fabulous home cooked meals and where you feel like family, then look no farther than the Hotel Bonanza, you won't regret it!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

Ecuador has been always dear to me. The mountains, beaches and most importantly the warmth of the people. My last trip to Ecuador was august of this year. I was attempting to climb the Cotopaxi, one of highest active volcanos in the world. Part of the experience was to stay in a place close to my training camp and ultimately the volcano. Patrick and Nora's hostel was a perfect choice, located in one of most beautiful places in Quito. Also minutes away from the middle of the wolrd monument and other amenities. Patrick kept my spirits high while my training took place while Nora kept me fed with that delitious cuisine. Thank you both for making the Cotopaxi expedition a success!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We visited Hotel Bonanza in Quito, Ecuador quite by accident. I learned that an American owned a hotel in Quito, where our plane landed at 10:00 PM. We made contact with the owner, and what a blessing that it was since neither my wife nor I speak or understand the Spanish language. The owner met us at the airport, with a sign showing our names, and waited for us to claim our bags and cleat Customs, which was quite a long wait as a flight from Atlanta and Miami arrived at the same time. He helped us with our bags, drove us to his hotel in his car, had refreshments waiting, and we talked some that night before bed. The room was very comfortable, with a fantastic mattress. I awoke the next morning to the smell of fantastic coffee, and could not wait to shower and dress, in order to have the best coffee in Ecuador. His wife, Nora goes out to a nearby bakery every morning for fresh made rolls, then she made a fantastic breakfast, with eggs cooked to order. Quito was not our destination city, but only a layover, and again, we were taken back to the airport, helped with our bags, and escorted to the ticket counter for our connecting flight to another city.
Our schedule was to have only a short layover in Quito on our return, but we decided to leave a day earlier, in order to stay an extra day in Quito and Hotel Bonanza. Our Travel agent could not reschedule our return flight, I could not change them, but Nora spoke their language in more ways than one, and was able to reschedule our commuter flight a day earlier, so that we couls spend more time in Quito and Hotel Bonanza. I am 68 years old, and have never liked a hotel enough to change travel plans in order to stay at any hotel until just last week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quito Hotel Bonanza? Share your experiences!