“I wish I could take Monica and Olga home with me....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Isla Isabela

You added Hostal Isla Isabela to your Saves list
Hostal Isla Isabela
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Isla Isabela N41-21 y Calle Isla Floreana | Bullfights Area, Quito, Ecuador   |
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Quito
Toronto, Canada
“I wish I could take Monica and Olga home with me....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed in this hostal for 7 nights, 3 at the beginning of my month vacation in Ecuador and 4 nights at the end of my vacation. I was treated like family and what a family they are....amazing. The breakfast was just right, wonderful bread, fruit and coffee with " Eva Peron" aka Olga, the owner of the hostal. I miss her already so for sure I will stay at this hostal when I return to the wonderful city of Quito.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I followed the Lonely Planets' referral here and as usual they were spot on. The hostal itself is nice but what makes it special is Monica and her mother Olga. They have got to be the most warm hearted do anything for you people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I instantly felt like I was on of the family, not just a guest. They took such good care of me making sure everything was as I needed. They don't go the extra mile, they go the extra 10 miles. If you want to stay in Quito and yet feel like you have just been taken in and cared for as if you are a son or daughter, this is the place to be. I loved my stay with them and miss them already.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
monicafe1, Relacionador Público at Hostal Isla Isabela, responded to this review, November 21, 2009
Thanks for those flattering words! we are very pleased to learn that you felt like home here. We look forward to having you again in our house!
Monica & Olga
Cabimas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

The best place I've ever been, I felt even better than in my own house, Excellent Service, very nice and comfortable rooms, great price and the best location... And the best part, you get to meet Monica and Olguita, I think they're the most sweet and caring persons in the world...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
monicafe1, relacionador público at Hostal Isla Isabela, responded to this review, November 21, 2009
Having you here was OUR pleasure. We are really glad you felt good and hope to have back soon!
Cheers!
Monica
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I loved staying in this place!! The hostal is centrally located in a convenient and safe area great for exploring the real quito. A short walk outside and you are bombarded with all sorts of interesting shops and restaurants. The owners were super-nice and went out of their way to help me with anything I needed. Rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable, plenty of hot water in the shower, and water pressure for the toilet. Def recommend this place, my two thumbs are up!

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
monicafe1, Relaciones Públicas at Hostal Isla Isabela, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thanks for choosing us! It was a real pleasure to serve you. We hope to have you here again.... SOON!
Best wishes from all the personnel of HOSTAL ISLA ISABELA
turnhout
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

When we arrived at Quito airport, somebody from the hostal was already waiting for us, which was at that time a blessing for us. The people in the hostal are very friendly and they take the time to have a chat with you, moreover, they don't mind helping you out. We immediately felt at home, whereafter we decided to make this hostal our 'home' during our 2 month-trip in Ecuador: whenever we had to be in Quito, we went to this hostal. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Rooms are clean, service is excellent, and so is the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed in a nice room. This place is close to everything and the breakfast is delicious!
We recommend visiting the center of the city which has many beautiful churches. Going around the city on "trole" was quite an experience because you live the ecuadorian culture.

• Liked — It has a family environment and the price is excellent
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
monicafe1, Mónca at Hostal Isla Isabela, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
It was a pleasure serving you. We hope you enjoyed Ecuador and to have you back soon!
Thanks
Monica
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

My trip to Quito was nice and a beautiful experience, the hotel is little, but very friendly.
I would like comeback again.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Isla Isabela? Share your experiences!