“Better than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quito

You added Holiday Inn Express Quito to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Quito
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Orellana E6-54 | y Calle Reina Victoria, Quito, Ecuador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 106 Hotels in Quito
Melbourne, Australia
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed in several HIEX hotels and this one is probably one of the best. It has very large rooms and comfy beds. The location is great for the new town area. Breakfast was adequate (also free) and overall the hotel feels nice and clean and modern. In room internet was fast and staff were very friendly and helpful. I didnt use the gym facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEXQuito, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Quito, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
For all the staff it was a pleasure to receive you at Holiday Inn Express Quito. Thank you for choosing our Hotel.

Is glad to know that our facility and services meet your expectations. Our Staff is committed to provide the highest level of customer service you have come to expect. It’s our promise to you.”Great Hotel Guests Love”

Best Regards
Lorena Suárez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at this fine hotel for a week while I was in Quito. I was going to give it just 4 Stars due to an episode I had and a strong disagreement when I was checking out, but after thinking about it decided to give the full 5 Stars. I based my decision on the high quality of the hotel and staff and did not want to diminish the 5 star rating due to what amounted to an extreme miscommunication.

I loved staying here and will absolutely stay here again on future visits to Quito.

The rooms were huge, the beds magnificent and they had what I would say are the best showers I've ever taken. Standing under the huge shower head was like standing under a torrential downpour. It was wonderful!

Martin of Guest Relations treated me wonderfully (again, except for a terrible miscommunication on one episode regarding the price of a small conference room rate where they tried to double the price I agreed upon). He took great care in making sure I was a satisfied customer although it appeared the management did not give him much leeway in making a decision. This is the type of man who will make a great manager one day.

The Free Breakfast was the same every day (they changed the scrambled eggs with ham to mushrooms every other day), but was more than adequate and very delicious along with a European Meat & Cheese choice and plenty of fresh pastries. They also have a machine that squeezes delicious fresh orange juice. Omigosh it was so good!

There was a McDonalds and Burger King right across the street but who wants that when there is an incredible Steak House called Esteban just one block away. Ask for the Bife de Chorizo! Wow! Incredibly delicious steak with a phenomenal House Wine from Chile. There's also a place less than a block away called Crepes & Waffles. It was fantastic!

So all in all, I give The Holiday Inn Express my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel on the 5th floor. No problems with noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mendoza, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It has an excellent price quality ratio. Large rooms. A lot of tv channels. Good breakfast with natural orange juice. Helpful staff. The only drawback is the lack of restaurant, but you can order room service from a nearby restaurant. Do not hesitate. Go there

Room Tip: Ask for the X01 o X02. They are in the corner with larger windows
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I know that this review is too long to be fully read by most people.

So, let me begin by listing the most important of several excellent services first. I'll follow with one thing which can be easily improved. But, this hotel has provided the best service on any hotel in which I've stayed. This includes several "world class" hotels.

My wife came down with a sinus infection. I inquired at the hotel desk about finding a nearby doctor. The hotel had a doctor on call. She arrived at our room (along with her male assistant) within an hour of my inquiry. She examined my wife (taking the usual vital signs) and prescribed three medications. These were called in to the pharmacy and they were delivered to our room within another hour. There was no charge for the doctor's visit to our room. The pharmacy bill was $21.21 for three delivered prescriptions. Then, someone from the front desk (who was bilingual), came up to verify that we understood the prescriptions (since the instructions were in Spanish). All of this was started by one inquiry to the front desk. My wife felt like she was a queen.

Second, internet access is very important to us. The hotel had excellent "plug in" connections. Suddenly, the wired connection stopped working. The Wi-Fi access in our room was not very good. I called the desk, they sent up someone to see what was the problem. After a lot of work, he determined that my computer had a bad port for the wired connection. So, Wi-Fi was the only option. He, going above and beyond common service, brought up a wireless router to our room, he plugged it into the wall outlet and we had excellent Wi-Fi service for the remaining 3 days of our visit due to this dedicated router.

The final example of excellent service had to do with a "free night" because of a credit card offer. The hotel initially didn't know about this offer and billed me for it. We were leaving that day and needed to get to the airport. The desk clerk, Maria, realized that we were returning in several days and offered to "hold" the charge until they could sort out the situation (Incidently, this offer is not available with the Ecuadoran version of a charge card.) So, they were trusting me on this issue. When we returned, the issue still hadn't been resolved. Finally, Maria told me that they would work to get it resolved and that regardless of the result I didn't have to worry about paying the charge.

The exercise area is on the roof with a beautiful view overlooking the city. The equipment was very new and in excellent shape.

The breakfast was very nice. Especially appreciated were the fruit, the fruit drinks, and the yogurt drinks.

The desk staff spoke good to excellent English. And, they were very willing to work with me and my "adequate" Spanish.

The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were spotless.

The only thing that really needs improvement was around the clock coffee service which is touted on both the web site and on the in room list of services. Unfortunately, they have coffee in the breakfast area only during breakfast. The in room coffee makers don't seem to be well made. The first night's room had a coffee maker which didn't work. The room used upon our return had a coffee maker which worked for about two cups and then stopped working. It was promptly replaced by our maid. I would like to have coffee available in the public area all day (as is done commonly in the US), or if there is insufficient demand (pretty likely), have extra coffee pouches available to make more coffee in the room.

Overall, the service was fantastic. Of course, we'll return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, with nice big rooms, very clean and friendly, kind staff.
It offers free simple breakfast and has multiple restaurants nearby. Would stay again there without any doubt

Room Tip: ask for one far from elevators
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lunenburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was with a group of 15 to Ecuador and Galapagos this month and we stayed at the Quito Holiday Inn Express on three separate occasions. Each time check-in was fast, the rooms large and clean, the showers (rain-forest shower heads) fantastic and the breakfast buffet more than ample. On the last night we were leaving at 4 am for the airport, so they offered to have box lunches ready for us since breakfast would not be set up that early. The business centre has plenty of computers and a printer, so getting boarding passes was easy, and keeping up on e-mail to home convenient. The staff were very courteous and helped us make our stay painless. They stored our extra luggage when we went to the highlands as well as when we were away for a week in Galapagos.
If there is a downside, the rooms on the street side can be noisy (in my case, a car alarm kept going off) so you should ask for one in the back. The hotel is next to a 24-hour cafe and across the street from a 24-hour McDonalds. One block away is a fabulous Argentine steak house called Esteban and within a five minute walk is a supermarket where you can stock up on Ecuadorian dark chocolate!.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had a 12 hour stop at Quito Airport en route to Cuenca and decided to stay at the HI to rest up. I particularly asked for a quiet room, however got everything but. I was put right next to an elevator, and staff with walky talkies that were on the go all of the time. I dosed for about an hour or two over the lunch time period when it was quieter staff wise, and then gave up. The rest was really very good. The shower was a great experience, hot water and great pressure and all my needs were perfectly met including high speed internet and lots of working space. Just the noise. Ironically the windows are completely sound proofed, but the rooms inside the hotel are not insulated for sound at all.

Room Tip: Rooms are not sound proof, so probably best to get a room that is high up and away from other rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Quito? Share your experiences!