“THIRD WORLD COUNTRY AT ITS BEST!” 1 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Hostal Sunrise to your Saves list
Hostal Sunrise
Jose Calama E7-43 & Reina Victoria | Reina V, Reina Victoria, Barrio La Mariscal,, Quito ., Ecuador   |
Ranked #108 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Quito
Quito
“THIRD WORLD COUNTRY AT ITS BEST!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really don't like having to do this, however I feel that if I don't other wonderful people would get harmed as I did.
This Hostel owned and managed by Ms. Theresa, her Mother and Nephew, is the ABSOLUTE WORSE FORM OF SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE and I have traveled nationally and internationally most of my adult life both personally and with my business.
This Sunrise Hostal is one block from Foch Square a very high tourist attraction area in Quito Ecuador. You would think they would be used to servicing the public but NOT A CHANCE. Ms. Theresa also owns and manages a second Hostal named CENTRO DE MUNDO located just one block past Jose Calama (walking distance) The main problems I had during my stay are listed below.

1) They stated that the Hostal is a Bed and Breakfast, and it is noted as the first item on the large sign posted on the Hostal right under the name SUNRISE HOSTAL. I NEVER ONCE GOT FED ONE MORSEL EVER.
2.) They stated that they had HOT WATER in all areas of the hostal. Well over half the time I stayed in the hostal I bet I only took a hot shower maybe 6 or 7 times and I stayed 30 days.
3.) I never once had my room cleaned, nor given toilet paper, I had to buy my own.
4.) I was locked out of the Hostal on two seperate occassions where not only could I not get in, but the guests/residents who were also staying in the Hostal could not get out. The nephew would leave to go and have lunch and lock the door. He would be gone for and hour at times before any one could get in or out of the Hostal.
5.) Absolutely no business sense at all. No Cash Register and no receipts given out. You pay them and they put the money in there pockets. And they wonder why Ecuador is known as a poor country, the Ecuadorianos rip the country off by not paying there share of the taxes.

I could go on, but I think this is enough to warn anyone not to waste there time, their money and certainly any heartaches they might acquire if they chance to stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business

Been to Hostal Sunrise? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hostal Sunrise

Address: Jose Calama E7-43 & Reina Victoria | Reina V, Reina Victoria, Barrio La Mariscal,, Quito ., Ecuador
Location: Ecuador > Pichincha Province > Quito
Ranked #108 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Quito
Welcome to ‘Hostal Sunrise,’ at just 15 minutes from the airport in Quito! We are located in the heart of the city for backpackers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Hostal Sunrise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hostal Sunrise, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.